UTAU-Synth problems: Magician Operation UST

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am so angry at Synth - it fails me a lot but this is spectacularly bad.

Adagio released just today a new Magician's Operation UST, and I felt like playing with it. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMLxgcKwug

While the Main and Extras USTs load up fine and let me edit them as always, the two Harm USTs crash. I can open them, but if I try to do ANYTHING, from adding a note to touching it to editing flags to removing envelopes to choosing a voice to sing it, it crashes.

So, if anyone is a Synth user could you download the UST and see if it's just an issue on my end or if it's a Synth-wide failure? If so, any guesses on what's wrong/how to solve it?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I sort of solved it - I don't know WHAT specifically fixed it, but it was either me opening the UST, immedietly closing Synth, and then opening the UST through Recent Files (Synth maybe is crashing more with File > Open?) or deleting the note in the UST that says "wub wub wob etc" in it (which wasn't an issue in the main UST?).

I'm incredibly baffled why it was so difficult to get these USTs to work. then again i'm always baffled by how buggy synth is

It took me several hours to figure it out, so maybe anyone else with a similar funky Synth problem can look to this for answers. It's either a matter of File > Open being irritating or Synth flipping out over a note in the UST so scan around and cut any useless notes.