[Utau Synth] Oto problems, and also missing files (I think)

Lance

Momo's Minion
Hello, I have been having a few issues with Utau Synth, and I was wondering if someone could help me.

Issue #1-
I have been having an issue with oto-ing. I will too my voicebank, and when I leave the application and open it back up all of my oto will be gone. It will completely wipe out all of my work. And before you ask, yes I press save after every change I make with the oto.

This also brings up another issue (Issue #2), that when I try to test out a certain wav file that I had just oto-ed, the app will crash. And, of course, when I open the voicebank back up manually (as someone has suggested instead of reloading the crashed project, to open it up manually), I lose all of my progress. I tried reloading the project I had crashed as well, just in case, and same issue.

Issue #3-
In another thread, people have said that Utau Synth is supposed to come with three separate files, as well as the app itself. A wavtool.exe, resampler, and the oto text file. I have none of these. I did not delete anything, the app just simply did not provide me with this. Is it normal that I didn't get any of this, or could this be what is causing all the bugs?

Issue #4-
My voicebank is not saving at all. When I loaded one of my old voicebanks, that I had also made myself, it saved under the default voice. When you click the head of Defoku, you'd see that my voicebank was also in there. (well long story short, that one was missing sound files and wouldn't let me add more, so I had to delete it) My current voicebank is not saving the same way the other one did. This could also be creating the problem I am having with my oto not saving.

Please help. I pray that someone can tell me how to fix this

I have considered uninstalling it, and reinstalling it... but currently the site for the download is down. It's been going up and down for a while now, and currently it is down...

Sorry for the super long post, I have just been having so many issues.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
3. UTAU-Synth is a self-contained Mac native application. There is only one executable. What you've heard from other users is a description of the Windows version of UTAU.

4. Where is the actual folder of your voicebank itself? I tend to save mine in Music, and add ".utau" to the end of the folder name. I always open voicebanks by navigating my files, rather than using the drop-down list within UTAU-Synth.

Also, this is an up-to-date English translation project. You might want to check this out.
http://utaforum.net/threads/new-utau-synth-translation-project.11202/

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
1 and 2. WHHAAAAATTT

Make sure that your computer's memory isn't "almost full". Once when I oto a VB and my computer's memory was really "almost almost full" and guess what what happened then? I added one new setting into oto and when I pressed "save" BOOM! All gone. So make sure that you have ALWAYS plenty of free memory on your computer (delete junk files that you don't need and any duplicated files to keep computer running smoothly).

If this doesn't work, try explain your issue 1 and 2 with more detail - screenshots preferred!

3. Just like @Kiyoteru mentioned, UTAU-Synth, unlike Windows UTAU, is just UTAU-Synth.app and nothing more else. Wavtool.exe and resampler are Windows UTAU exclusive things, so don't worry about those as Mac user.

4. So, you did record a VB and created and you did create a oto_ini.txt file for it and then you find out that you missed - let's say - "ha" sounds, so you recorded new sound ha.wav, put that into same VB and then when you open UTAU Synth and selected that VB you can't find "ha" oto anywhere from oto_ini.txt. Is this your problem?

Lance

Momo's Minion
3. UTAU-Synth is a self-contained Mac native application. There is only one executable. What you've heard from other users is a description of the Windows version of UTAU.

4. Where is the actual folder of your voicebank itself? I tend to save mine in Music, and add ".utau" to the end of the folder name. I always open voicebanks by navigating my files, rather than using the drop-down list within UTAU-Synth.

Also, this is an up-to-date English translation project. You might want to check this out.
http://utaforum.net/threads/new-utau-synth-translation-project.11202/

Yeah, I have downloaded the translation project version as well.
[doublepost=1500570481][/doublepost]
1 and 2. WHHAAAAATTT

Make sure that your computer's memory isn't "almost full". Once when I oto a VB and my computer's memory was really "almost almost full" and guess what what happened then? I added one new setting into oto and when I pressed "save" BOOM! All gone. So make sure that you have ALWAYS plenty of free memory on your computer (delete junk files that you don't need and any duplicated files to keep computer running smoothly).

If this doesn't work, try explain your issue 1 and 2 with more detail - screenshots preferred!

3. Just like @Kiyoteru mentioned, UTAU-Synth, unlike Windows UTAU, is just UTAU-Synth.app and nothing more else. Wavtool.exe and resampler are Windows UTAU exclusive things, so don't worry about those as Mac user.

4. So, you did record a VB and created and you did create a oto_ini.txt file for it and then you find out that you missed - let's say - "ha" sounds, so you recorded new sound ha.wav, put that into same VB and then when you open UTAU Synth and selected that VB you can't find "ha" oto anywhere from oto_ini.txt. Is this your problem?

Well the program fixed itself last night, but no that wasn't the problem. Although I do also have that problem where once I upload a voicebank I can't record any sounds I may have missed.
My problem was it just wouldn't save the voicebank I have in the app. I'd have to manually search for it on my computer every time. It fixed itself last night though. I dont know how but it started working again xD

But how to you fix the problem you described?