Utau isn't playing?

NeoDemon

Momo's Minion
So i'm fairly new to this and the UST isn't playing. Not play and there's no sound, it doesn't even go past the first note. I'm not sure what to do to fix this

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Did you select the notes you wanted to play? You can do this by clicking and dragging in any open space away from notes. Two vertical lines will show you the beginning and end of your selection.

select notes.gif

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If there are any error messages that you can take a screenshot or screen recording of, that would be much appreciated.

NeoDemon

Momo's Minion
If there are any error messages that you can take a screenshot or screen recording of, that would be much appreciated.
Okay, I took a bit to look through what I did wrong. The locale has changed and works better with no messages. I selected the UST in full, it loaded and it won't play. It might just be the VB, it's RYO - Onyx

EDIT: this pops up. 1 when I start the project, the other when I load the UST

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
These messages are simply warnings to do with the configuration of the voicebank, and don't indicate anything that will stop sound from playing altogether. Are there any other error messages? Does the UST play when you only select a section at a time?

Be sure that the lyrics of the UST match the format of the voicebank. For example, you need a CV Japanese UST for a CV Japanese voicebank.

NeoDemon

Momo's Minion
These messages are simply warnings to do with the configuration of the voicebank, and don't indicate anything that will stop sound from playing altogether. Are there any other error messages? Does the UST play when you only select a section at a time?

Be sure that the lyrics of the UST match the format of the voicebank. For example, you need a CV Japanese UST for a CV Japanese voicebank.
I got it t play, but it only plays certain sounds. so far (scattered glass is the UST) it plays ku, nu, a, mu, I.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I looked up Ryo Onyx and this appears to be a VCV Japanese voicebank. Is the UST also VCV? Each note's lyric should be vowel-consonant-vowel, like this: [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

NeoDemon

Momo's Minion
I looked up Ryo Onyx and this appears to be a VCV Japanese voicebank. Is the UST also VCV? Each note's lyric should be vowel-consonant-vowel, like this: [- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]
Ohhh that makes sense. The ust I found is by RenjiTakuma and was used with Roy Onyx, so would going through the lyrics and redoing them work?