Silent Utau

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh, not yet! I need to do that right quick. Lemme try again...

Quick explanation, parts of UTAU's inner workings contain characters that can get corrupted and cause problems like random silence and errors if you DL and install outside of Japanese locale. That's the reason you need locale, rather than just so Japanese voice banks and USTs will work (though that's a bonus).

Going off of what Halo said (and I'm not entirely sure this is correct, so please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm assuming that you may have to reinstall the plugin if your locale wasn't updated because of the internal data being corrupted or some crud I don't understand. DUNNING KRUGER EFFECT YAY

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

perhaps this is my fault for not being clear

I meant a screenshot of the folder you put the plugin in. Also, if you're using Windows, you should have a program called Snip Tool that takes an image straight off of your screen; use that for the screenshot instead.

Reactions: Halo

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
It doesn't look okay! Defoko is in mojibake (garbage characters)! Telltale sign of potential corruption. Usually you only need to re-extract/install after locale change, not re-DL entirely but it depends.

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
My mistakes! My mistakes! My apologies, I'll try to figure this out...>.<'
[doublepost=1457753769][/doublepost]I'm going to redownload it the right way then...
[doublepost=1457755137][/doublepost]
perhaps this is my fault for not being clear

I meant a screenshot of the folder you put the plugin in. Also, if you're using Windows, you should have a program called Snip Tool that takes an image straight off of your screen; use that for the screenshot instead.
My mistakes! My mistakes! My apologies, I'll try to figure this out...>.<'
[doublepost=1457753769][/doublepost]I'm going to redownload it the right way then...

M'kay! Good news! No more mojibake and I can get to my plugins! Yays! ^.^ But the voice bank files still say they can't be opened because they aren't available in my language...So close! >.<

Reactions: CRTブラック

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
At what point in the process do they say that...? trying to unpack the VBs, or trying to render them, or load them or...?

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
At what point in the process do they say that...? trying to unpack the VBs, or trying to render them, or load them or...?
Trying to unpack them. Outside of Utau. I imagine that is why they're loading in blank... It's my computer/Windows 7 saying that. Utau says it's invalid.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, they need to be unpacked. IDK why your 7zip isnt cooperating though, I've never had a problem. :sad:Hmm. If I find anything I think can help, I'll throw the link your way.

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
I think can get it to work, as you said it isn't it mojibake anymore, but I need to try another VB. Lemme take another shot...
[doublepost=1457758771][/doublepost]
Any chance you can screenshot the error you get?
Well, I've got Defoko singing, so there may be hope yet. ^.^