Control points at the end of each note's tuning won't move outside of note or up/down.

Fizzlesmirk

Momo's Minion
I usually try to figure out things in UTAU through trial and error, but this particular issue I just can't figure out, and I can't find anyone asking about it.

When I try to tune a note, the control points at the end of that string of control points won't move past the left and right edges of the note, up, or down. I can move notes between the two control points up and down just fine, just not past where the control points on the ends of the note are placed.

I want to be able to move the control point away from the note I'm tuning, but it gets arbitrarily stuck at the edges, no matter if I'm messing with it in regular UTAU or in a pitch editor plugin.

I can load USTs that have the control points beyond the boundaries of the notes just fine. I just can't seem to create new ones.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Pitchbend points are specifically bound to the note that they are attached to and cannot be placed freely. The leftmost position of any point is the left edge of the previous note, and the rightmost position is the right edge of the current note. The very first and last point of a pitchbend are bound to the vertical position of the notes they are attached to. However, in the case where the previous note is a rest, the vertical position of the first note can be moved freely. All intermediate points are also freely movable vertically.

In this screenshot, it appears as if pitchbends are going beyond the restrictions of the two notes they are attached to.
upload_2021-1-25_18-38-35.png

However, this pitchbend can be edited freely because it is attached to a rest note and a regular note, and rest notes do not anchor the first point of the pitchbend.
upload_2021-1-25_18-40-2.png

This middle note appears to be one long pitchbend spanning three notes, but it is actually still only attached to two notes. The final part is a separate pitchbend.
upload_2021-1-25_18-40-48.png

You need to edit pitchbends on the note boundary closest to the location of where you want it to be.

Reactions: WinterdrivE

Fizzlesmirk

Momo's Minion
Thank you for the input, but this is what I mean:
The pitch bends won't move freely past the note for me, even when the adaject "note" is a rest.
I see other people moving the pitch bend past the edge of a note all the time in videos, but that doesn't happen for me when I try to. It treats the pitch bend as if it is anchored to not go past the note, no matter what.

If it's helpful in any way to know this, like I mentioned initially, I can load USTs that have the pitch bends away from the note just fine, but if I try to edit a pitch bend that is outside of the boundary of notes, it will snap against the note, entirely losing its position and becoming impossible for me to drag back away to its original or any other position outside of the confines of the note.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If the rest is after the note, you need to convert that rest to a normal note first, add a pitchbend to it, then change it back to a rest.

Reactions: Fizzlesmirk

Fizzlesmirk

Momo's Minion
You're entirely correct and my crops are flourishing. You've fixed my biggest UTAU frustration. Thank yoooou.