No notes to render when I enter lyrics

owochimauwu

Momo's Minion
I downloaded utau synth last night and I have Arachne TARANTULA voicebank. Whenever I try and enter lyrics to a note, it says "no notes to render". I have no idea how to fix this, help?Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 12.11.56 PM.png

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
it
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
does utau-synth like
have... automatic word processing?

Usually when you slap in hello like that in normal UTAU it straight up refuses to render because it's not a built-in sample.
The most basic facts of UTAU is that it's built like old-school vocaloid, you have to enter in each sample, and not entire words.

For example (*rustles through some old files, has to bring old appdata folder*)
1660511116191.png
This makes Teto's english voicebank say: "Just like you said goat-man, in the shadows to the left" (old project) (also this might be different than what the actual finished sound is, I had different UST's on hand)

As you can see, this set of speech requires one to summon each sample of voice and put it in, not that I did that manually, I used a teto english helper tool.
However, that's the point. You have to find the individual samples (dunno where to view them in Synth), and then put them in.

owochimauwu

Momo's Minion
it
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
does utau-synth like
have... automatic word processing?

Usually when you slap in hello like that in normal UTAU it straight up refuses to render because it's not a built-in sample.
The most basic facts of UTAU is that it's built like old-school vocaloid, you have to enter in each sample, and not entire words.

For example (*rustles through some old files, has to bring old appdata folder*)
View attachment 11637
This makes Teto's english voicebank say: "Just like you said goat-man, in the shadows to the left" (old project) (also this might be different than what the actual finished sound is, I had different UST's on hand)

As you can see, this set of speech requires one to summon each sample of voice and put it in, not that I did that manually, I used a teto english helper tool.
However, that's the point. You have to find the individual samples (dunno where to view them in Synth), and then put them in.
Ah ok that is what I thought. It seems it would be rather difficult to do it manually, is the helper tool only for windows? I read somewhere that you can't use plugins with utau synth.

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah ok that is what I thought. It seems it would be rather difficult to do it manually, is the helper tool only for windows? I read somewhere that you can't use plugins with utau synth.
First off, the helper tool is exclusively meant for Teto's voicebank, and it is an exe. (If you made a voicebank with the same samples, however...)

As far as I know, you can't use plugins with utau-synth, however depending on your system, and I don't know, because it's either windows or linux for me, but maybe Wine works, and running the windows version off that?
Looking around, seems like you have to do some brewing and other technical stuff.

Either way, the best route is to just learn the bloody thing and get used to it. Once you know how, it shouldn't be too difficult. It's like HTML in terms of difficulty.
HTML: Write things into element tags.
UTAU: Vocally-optimized MIDI sampler, choose a sample, apply to note, repeat until you have something, then refine it.

Really does accelerate the needs to have these learnutau pages written.
Either way, find the sample list and find out how to do it yourself. Nothing good comes out of being impatient, and believe me, I am suffering in stagnation because of it.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Unfortunately, yeah, you have to input it manually. It takes a bit to learn-- it helps to know the shortcuts for regular UTAU, so I'm sure it's similar for UTAU-Synth. We did all do it like this for years, so it's not impossible.

I'd personally see if you could install Open Utau because it does have ways to automatically handle these things for a number of VB types-- this VB looks like VCCV, and there is a VCCV phonemizer in OU. Should work on Mac but emphasis on *should*, sometimes it's not as easy to install as it should be. It might be worth a try if you'd rather type in full words than manually splitting notes into phonemes.

Reactions: Kiyoteru