Jey's utau classes and tutoring

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am reopening classes publicly for utau users.

Tutorials and guides online are great, but sometimes you need to be able to ask and speak to someone who is skilled.
In the past I offered classes for free, but time is finite and I will be charging a one time tuition fee.

You may refer to the previous iteration of the classes at it's old thread for some information: http://www.utaforum.net/threads/live-utau-classes.9406/

At this present moment, I am preparing to create live classes to teach truly interested users!

LIVE CLASSES:
Live classes are intended to be formal classes to educate users who want to learn the basics of how to use the software.
These classes are to be held weekly, you may check the Event page as posted to see a time adjusted to your timezone!

You can expect to learn the following in the basic classes:
  • Basic installation and troubleshooting
    • Locale
    • Security setting troubleshooting
    • Language settings
    • proper plugin installation and recommended plugins
    • Pre-student troubleshooting to fix any issues you are having
  • Built in tools
    • Pitch control
    • Envelope editing
  • Voicebank Creation
    • Microphone selection
    • Good recording practices
    • Ways of improving your recordings
    • Basic overview of configuration
Cost of attendance: $5 per term
Please note: like a class at a college, just because you are paying for it doesn't mean that you have the right to disrupt it. I may at any time have you removed from classes if you prove to be problematic. If you are removed or choose to drop out, only a partial refund may be issued.
Schedule: Weekly
Information on advanced classes go here, please note that you must of passed the basic classes OR have been able to prove prior knowledge to qualify to attend these classes.

These classes currently have no public curriculum, please stay tuned for any updates regarding more advanced classes.
You may contact me at any time regarding your ability to attend these classes.
These classes are separate from the basic course and requires a separate fee be paid to attend these at a later date.
ADVANCED COURSES:
  1. OTOing - Advanced: This course is intended to give you a more solid understanding on how the configuration actually effects the voice. With this knowledge you should be more ready to take on new configuration techniques as they become available.
  2. Tuning: Advanced classes on tuning and how to adjust the style to better fit the song.

OPEN DISCUSSION/Q&A:
Open Q&A are free and publicly attendable Discussion based sessions. These are generally class-related but many topics may be covered during these sessions. Not all topics can be covered in a Q&A format and in those cases I may recommend you elsewhere for the best help.

These are also held via an Event on Google, during these streams guest speakers are free to join and answer questions. These are often more casual, being free, so I apologize in advance if it's not quite as expected.
  • Price: Free
  • Schedule: Weekly/bi-weekly
  • Open Q&A are created along with the classes, people are free to ask questions to during this time and get an answer. These are streamed via youtube and accessible to anyone. These are kept short and require that paid classes have some interest.

PRIVATE 1-on-1 TUTORING:
Do you want to be able to learn one-on-one?
Simply tell me what you are interested in learning and we'll focus on that!
Simply contract me and we will discuss a time for the session to take place.

• Price: $7
  • These are private tutoring sessions, no one else will even see them.
  • Held via skype
  • screen capture may be necessary, this can be done via a regular NON-video call.

COACHING:
Just want to get it over with? Then how about a recording coach!
Over skype, I will guide you through the recording of a whole or part of a voicebank to make sure you can record the best samples possible! I will provide quick times as we go to make sure there is less need to record samples over again.
  • I will guide you via skype or whatever means of contact works best for you.
  • You can take breaks and freely continue where left off without additional charge.
  • The price changes based on the size of the voicebank.
  • Requirement: the ability to see your screen- this way it's easier to make sure you have all proper settings applied.
Price: varies based on type and reclist type. please send in the reclist you intend to use for further discussion.

UTAU and YOU
: A free textbook for utau users--
This is a project to create a yearly updating textbook for utau users. this textbook is intended to be used along side this class or on it's own!
At this time this project is in a very infant state with no releases. I am always looking for anyone who can contribute!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tema

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thread updated! feel free to leave any questions here regarding anything here!