imported vsqx/midi files always sound extremely out of tune in utau?

everyutauistrans

Momo's Minion
hi! i'm a big utau newbie so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i can't figure out this problem for the life of me. for some reason, whenever i plug in a vsqx or midi into utau and play it, it sounds as if the utau is really struggling to hit the notes? it isn't a matter of the notes being moved out of place, so i can't see what it is that makes it sound so rough.

sample of what an imported vsqx sounds like, but it's the same for a midi and i expect anything other than a ust. lmk if you have any idea what's happening here!

Reactions: Bucket

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This sounds like a combination of modulation set to 100 and the OTO not being read properly. Make sure you've cleared the parameters from the notes and reset the envelopes.
Select all notes, right click, and go to Region Properties. You'll want to make the window look like this.
1640003183349.png
After hitting OK, you can redo the envelope crossfades with these buttons in the top right of UTAU by hitting RESET, then your choice of P2P3 or P1P4.
1640003250485.png

everyutauistrans

Momo's Minion
This sounds like a combination of modulation set to 100 and the OTO not being read properly. Make sure you've cleared the parameters from the notes and reset the envelopes.
Select all notes, right click, and go to Region Properties. You'll want to make the window look like this.
View attachment 11019
After hitting OK, you can redo the envelope crossfades with these buttons in the top right of UTAU by hitting RESET, then your choice of P2P3 or P1P4.
View attachment 11020
you are such a lifesaver, now my UTAUs can sing whatever they please! thanks so much :smile: