Good UTAU Websites?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In web design class I'm working on a website for an UTAU group. Anyone know any really good UTAU homesites? There are plenty of Japanese ones, but a lot of the English ones have dropped off the map or no longer exist (I recall that Scarfu had a nice one).

Heck, even say your own if you think it's of good quality. I just need examples/competitors and such.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I had her in mind. Are UTAU home websites just not much of a thing for Overseas? *did some searching with little results*

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I always liked Yesi's blog for Camila :D http://camilamelodia.blogspot.com/
Same for Hika's, her's is really well done http://utau.hika421.com/

And haha, I think they are? But like, at least with me, I get lazy really really working on one like Myst, and Camila have, so I have mine simply done on Tumblr. I know a lot of people have moved theirs on from Blogspot to Tumblr I think...

I had a hard time using Blogspot which is why I have mine on Tumblr pfft

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I had to do a whole bunch of research, and the best websites were mostly Weebly based (I find the blogspot ones a bit cramped and unattractive). In the end I found a lot of old sites. It was weird when I found Brella's new Tumblr home for her UTAUs, I'm not very familiar with Tumblr at all so I was very suprised that it is possible to use it in that manner.

Didn't know about Hika's, good find!

Aesthetically and organizationally however, the JP (and a Chinese one here or there) sites have many more shinning examples. A lot of the Overseas ones just feel either incredibly cramped, busy, and lacking in organization (Yesi's stuff feels all crammed onto one page, Mysts's is more attractive but has LOADS of subtopics everywhere) or very bare and lacking (then again most people are just releasing voicebanks, not banks, USTs, tutorials, tips, possibly programs/plugins, critiques, and more that we're planning). This is just the overall feel I got however. Some Japanese sites were absolutely dreadful.

I even did some looking into VOCALOID sites (as I needed more competitors on a professional level), and it was interesting what I found. Internet.co's site is TERRIBLE, and only with Kokone's page are they starting in the right direction. Crypton's is very pleasing to look at, as are Voctro Labs' and Zero-G's voice-specific sites. MAYU's also struck me as terrible, having no supplementary info, a very poorly placed menu, and overall it focuses too hard on looking nice. The rest are average (though Power-FX is criminally simple and short and plain).

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ooh I had never really seen any of the JP/Chinese blogs (and tbh I haven't seen any on Weebly haha) but I'm pretty interested now and will be looking for those :o

I guess that's why I didn't like blogspot too much, a lot of stuff did feel cramped and I wasn't sure how people got to really organize theirs...? (I'm thinking about Weebly now haha)

But yes, Hika's is really nice *U* I love that enter page for her and the links she made, I'm like curious how she did it all it's amazing LOL

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Weebly is VERY nice. It's incredibly customizable, flexible, powerful, and is actually focused on making a site instead of things like Blogspot/Tumblr where you're trying to convert a blog into a website.

I actually was following the Chinese community more, as they linked to one another through banners and I didn't need a huge amount of examples so I didn't feel the need to pop onto Nico and find sites.

My favorite I found was definetly: http://risku.weebly.com - the first page is way too cluttered, but everything else is fantastic looking and organized. Those colors, textures, and drop-down menus made me drool.
I also liked a lot of the simple decisions made on http://kaibarake.weebly.com but it's a little TOO plain.
There are probably better JP examples (Ritsu's site is nice, but way too many contest banner infos are cluttering it up), but again I didn't have to look to far to get enough examples.

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh wow those really look nice *o* I think I'll try out Weebly now..it looks much more customization, and I never really had a website with a custom layout pfft

(Also this might be random but thanks for linking to the Kaibarake Weebly, I found an UTAU I had seen a while ago and never got to download :D )

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ahhhh I've been meaning to move my site (or completely rebuild it from scratch, template-up) forever. Blogger is good and stable, but their default templates are icky and hard to work with, and Google's all but abandoned the website since buying it. A lot of the widgets that used to be super useful are broken.

Weebly's a fantastic platform for building a clean, easily-customizable UTAU site though. I'd also recommend Google Sites, it's not as slick-looking but it's easy to work with and Google Drive is good for hosting voicebanks. I've noticed a few Japanese users use it.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*waves at Myst*

The thing I really loved about your site is your banner. Dang that thing is nice.

It's probably just a result of the change of times. Screen resolutions are getting bigger and wider and sites like Blogspot that are so narrow look smaller and smaller over time. Weebly becomes a more attractive option as it takes more advantage of the space with graphics and such.

I have to do mine from scratch HTML/CSS unfortunately, but when it comes to finally publishing I might try and put it on Weebly and integrate some features.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I use Tumblr to host my UTAU stuffs until now. I always want to move on Weebly as DaeA's creator uses the website but idk if Tumblr theme can be converted to Weebly theme. :/

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Tumblr and Weebly are two completely different sites. There is no smooth "conversion" you can do, and you're going to be making an entirely new website if you use Weebly. You can add a blog function to your Weebly site if you want updates, but it isn't a reblogger like Tumblr.

You basically need to decide what is better for you. If you like to blog/reblog/whatever Tumblr is (I don't really understand, I've never used it) and you're just keeping track of an UTAU release, then it should be fine for you. However, for myself a site is the better option, as I'm part of a multi-member group with going over five UTAUs (with multiple appends, languages, versions), UST releases like crazy, tutorials, programs for conversion, etc. With that much content a blogger site would never be suitable.

Just figure out what is best for what you have and need.

RockloudHakaine

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i have a couple, one in Japanese and English and one in Japanese only (i had another one but it was deleted)
eng. and JP.- sites.google.com/site/perishloid (its ok, not the best)
JP. only- raikonenightmare.jimdo.com (better than the first one, but still not the best. i plan on making a better, more clear english version soon)

wish you the best on your site! if you'd like, i'll try to find some more sites and post them here. also, i reccomend using Jimdo because it's easy and fast!