Why does my "a" and "e" sound so weird in UTAU?

Glitter-san

Momo's Minion
for some reason my "a" and "e" sound weird in utau. yes, I have re-recorded my "a" but I deleted the old wave file and their is only one wave file. It almost sounds like my old "a" and my new "a" are combined for some reason?? and I don't know why my "e" sounds weird but it sounds like its combining with something else too. I'm making a new voicebank for this character, but I just wanna know why my old voicebank sounds like this and I want the voicebank to work :/

K1RA

Momo's Minion
Did you make sure to do a new frequency file for those two? Sometimes it can happen where you just think it's fine but you forgotten the extra steps when having to fix it.
When re-recording, always redo the frequency files for those recordings and check the oto.ini.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
If you go and delete the old .frq files in the voicebank folder manually, it can force it to regenerate a bit more reliably without you needing to actually regenerate them manually. I know I sometimes used to get issues with the inbuilt UTAU frq generation actually replacing the old frq file.

Reactions: Kiyoteru