What are your Favorite VOCALOIDs?

bold0727

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Cuz who doesn't like talking about themselves?

1. YOHIOloid
2. Sweet Ann
3. Iroha Nekomura
4. Mew
5. Mayu
6. SONiKA
7. IA
8. Piko Utatane
9. Hiyama Kiyoteru
10. Ruby

Last edited:

rainbowpawa

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
okay, my turn :smile:

1. VY1/Iroha Nekomura
2. Megurine Luka/Ruby
3. Cyber Diva/Yuzuki Yukari
4. Hatsune Miku/IA
5. GUMI
6. Aoki Lapis/Merli
7. YOHIOloid/Oliver
8. Kagamines (might go to 2nd place after V4X release and English)
9. Utatane Piko/Lily

that's mostly like it :333

Verite

Teto's Territory
My favorite ones are GUMI, flower, Kagamine Rin \ Len, SeeU, IA, Rana, SF-A2 miki and Yuzuki Yukari.
I also like Megurine Luka, VY1, kokone and Nekomura Iroha.

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Deep Love - V Flower, Miki, Iroha, Oliver, SeeU, Aoki, Gakupo
Like - Rin, Rana, Len, Yuuma, Zunko, Gachapoid, Yukari, CUL, Yuki, MAIKA, Macne Nana
Hate - Chika, Kiyoteru, Big AL, Sweet Ann, Avanna, Mew, MEIKO, Miku, Prima

Last edited:
Reactions: Tema

Tera-C

Momo's Minion
Hmm.. I guess I've never really thought about this... I don't really have any favourites and I don't really hate any of them ... //except Gachapoid. e_e//
Call me whatever you want for liking the mainstream Japanese Vocaloids, but they are my favourites. I also really like Oliver.

But if I HAD to pick an all-time favourite, it would probably be Gumi... She's the 1st real Vocaloid I'd ever listened to, in My Crush Was a Monster Boy. :3

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Every engloid is my bae.

In the treasure chest of my heart:
Sonika, Maika (technically not english but still waow), Cyva, Avanna

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I rank them in different layers like Pingu, but mine goes something like this:

Favorite Favorites: Yukari, Avanna, Lily, VY1V4 (also holding a place for Ruby here hhhh)
Slightly Less Favorites: Mayu (she was a favorite favorite but things happened and now I'm eh, but she still has to be near the top b/c she's the first one I bought), Iroha (can'twaitforupdateHYPE), Maika, Merli, Flower, Anon (and Kanon)
Like but not really love: Luka, Yohioloid, Bruno, Mew, IA (I would be more excited about her if people started XSYing her more; the "days" XSY demo made me realize the reason I never got the IA craze was because her normal voice was too soft or muddled for me and ROCKS was... not too hard, but... idk)
Like them when used well: Lapis, Galaco, Sweet Ann, Big Al, CUL sometimes (I want to like her more because of her VA, but), V1 Engloids, Sonika, Miki, Kiyoteru, Kaito (I kind of prefer his V1)
Nostalgic Factor: Gumi, Rin (they were my original favorites back before V3 + I found niki)
Indifferent/Awkward Area: SeeU, Clara, Zunko
Need to be used by god-tier tuner or really good song for me to really get interested: Piko, Miku, Gakupo, Meiko, Tonio, Prima (I feel bad for adding the last two here but they're SO DAMN NICHE), Oliver (the main reason I appreciate him is Puppycat tbh), Kokone (I originally had in her in "used well" but then I counted how many people who can tune her well enough to interest me), VY2 (*drools thinking about Ciel's "Iroha Uta" cover *), Yuki, Ryuuto (there're like two people I trust to tune him lel), Chika
Really rare for me to like: Macne Nana (I think her English is cute, but her Japanese Vocaloid bank is hella disappointing and I'm mad that they stopped selling the other Macne banks after she became a Vocaloid), Rion (I liked "Pokkan colors," but... idk)

The Chinese ones are hard to say for sure because I almost never hear them, but Yan He is probably my favorite, then Xin Hua. I don't like Tiyani 98% of the time because of the lisp, to be honest. It can be cute, but most of the time it just doesn't work for me.

tl;dr version: Yukari, Lily, Avanna, VY1V4, holding out for Ruby, Mayu used to be but now I'm a little ambivalent but I own her so. Also it's too early for me to fairly rank Cyva, but I think she's cool when used with care.

Last edited:

bold0727

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Deep Love - V Flower, Miki, Iroha, Oliver, SeeU, Aoki, Gakupo
Like - Rin, Rana, Len, Yuuma, Zunko, Gachapoid, Yukari, CUL, Yuki, MAIKA, Macne Nana
Hate - Chika, Kiyoteru, Big AL, Sweet Ann, Avanna, Mew, MEIKO, Miku, Prima
It is possible to hate Sweet Ann and like Gachapoid? I need to read more into this o-o

<jk>

Tera-C

Momo's Minion
I rank them in different layers like Pingu, but mine goes something like this:

Favorite Favorites: Yukari, Avanna, Lily, VY1V4 (also holding a place for Ruby here hhhh)
Slightly Less Favorites: Mayu (she was a favorite favorite but things happened and now I'm eh, but she still has to be near the top b/c she's the first one I bought), Iroha (can'twaitforupdateHYPE), Maika, Merli, Flower, Anon (and Kanon)
Like but not really love: Luka, Yohioloid, Bruno, Mew, IA (I would be more excited about her if people started XSYing her more; the "days" XSY demo made me realize the reason I never got the IA craze was because her normal voice was too soft or muddled for me and ROCKS was... not too hard, but... idk)
Like them when used well: Lapis, Galaco, Sweet Ann, Big Al, CUL sometimes (I want to like her more because of her VA, but), V1 Engloids, Sonika, Miki, Kiyoteru, Kaito (I kind of prefer his V1)
Nostalgic Factor: Gumi, Rin (they were my original favorites back before V3 + I found niki)
Indifferent/Awkward Area: SeeU, Clara, Zunko
Need to be used by god-tier tuner or really good song for me to really get interested: Piko, Miku, Gakupo, Meiko, Tonio, Prima (I feel bad for adding the last two here but they're SO DAMN NICHE), Oliver (the main reason I appreciate him is Puppycat tbh), Kokone (I originally had in her in "used well" but then I counted how many people who can tune her well enough to interest me), VY2 (*drools thinking about Ciel's "Iroha Uta" cover *), Yuki, Ryuuto (there're like two people I trust to tune him lel), Chika
Really rare for me to like: Macne Nana (I think her English is cute, but her Japanese Vocaloid bank is hella disappointing and I'm mad that they stopped selling the other Macne banks after she became a Vocaloid), Rion (I liked "Pokkan colors," but... idk)

The Chinese ones are hard to say for sure because I almost never hear them, but Yan He is probably my favorite, then Xin Hua. I don't like Tiyani 98% of the time because of the lisp, to be honest. It can be cute, but most of the time it just doesn't work for me.

tl;dr version: Yukari, Lily, Avanna, VY1V4, holding out for Ruby, Mayu used to be but now I'm a little ambivalent but I own her so. Also it's too early for me to fairly rank Cyva, but I think she's cool when used with care.

I found out about Oliver from Puppycat, actually. XD I never knew anything about him before.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The only Vocaloid that I slightly dislike is Sonika, probably because of her voice (and glitches, even though some of them are funny xD). Other than that all of the Vocaloids are my favourites.

If I really had to choose, then probably the ones I already own (Tonio, Prima, Sweet ANN, YOHIOloid, Kiyoteru, CUL and flower) plus Rana, Gackpoid V3 and Gachapoid. o3o

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
galaco, SF-A2 miki, GUMI, IA, Yuzuki Yukari ** honourable mentions: Rana, Chika **
(kind of in that order but it'll shift around sometimes)

[edit: it's 6/7 months later and i just updated this post because my favourites have changed ;;]
[edit 2: it's 9 months later and...you get the idea]

Last edited:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Usage matters the most really I always try to tell myself, like for me Miki is just midtier but she has some amazing songs and covers under her belt due to Ciel-P and others.

But anyways, in no particular order my Top 5 are:
-Gakupo (has been a favorite forever, first Vocaloid I ever heard)
-Meiko
-Kaito V1, only certain V3 usages
-Iroha
-Sachiko (I know she's new but what I've heard so far has captured my heart and soul)

I'm also have a pretty fair like for v flower, YUU, and a lot of the other standard greats like Gumi and Luka, and will fully admit I have an irrational dislike for Mayu and am extremely neutral on IA, sure she's okay but she's not super amazing to me.

I have high hopes for Arusuloid, Dex, and Ruby for upcoming ones! Arusuloid especially, it looks like they're FINALLY getting that voicetype in Vocaloid which is my favorite UTAU voicetype, the higher rock male. ZOLA kinda hit it but not really.

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's mainstream, and hater's gonna hate, but my favorite is Miku. Mostly just because of loyalty, I've been into vocaloid since The only ones out were Luka and earlier. Therefore Miku has a special place in my heart.
Other than that (and not necessarily in this order) I adore IA, Meiko's Power bank, vFlower, Gumi's English, Rin and Len, Luka (mostly V2. I've got nothing against her V4, it's just harder to use so people don't produce covers/originals with the same quality as the old one...don't hate me). There are many more, but off the top of my head those are my favorites.
And I really love Sachiko despite the fact she's hard to understand. I fear for her as I worry people won't have the patience to tune her Enka style, which is 100% what her voice is made for