Voice Issues

Runegod

Teto's Territory
Me and my sister, although we have a two year difference between us, have very similar voices and when she went to make an utau, it sounded practically the same as mine. even when she recorded at a much higher pitch, again, the same. She tried "singing" the notes more - shes a singer and im not, so I "talked" mine- but the program didn't treat her sounds very nicely and it sounded very bad @_@ does anyone have any advice for us?

if it helps any she is aiming for a feminine more childish and sweet voice than my utau, who came out a bit less so

she likes the songs pinko stick luv, childish war, tomorrow freely, (idk how this helps but i felt like including it??)

anyway if anyone can offer any ideas, i'd be very grateful!

Kai_Kimura

Teto's Territory
Runegod said:
Me and my sister, although we have a two year difference between us, have very similar voices and when she went to make an utau, it sounded practically the same as mine. even when she recorded at a much higher pitch, again, the same. She tried "singing" the notes more - shes a singer and im not, so I "talked" mine- but the program didn't treat her sounds very nicely and it sounded very bad @_@ does anyone have any advice for us?

if it helps any she is aiming for a feminine more childish and sweet voice than my utau, who came out a bit less so

she likes the songs pinko stick luv, childish war, tomorrow freely, (idk how this helps but i felt like including it??)

well i heard that tools and resamps can affect your recordings and sound another thing dont record in Stereo it messes with your sound and makes it sound horribly hope it helps.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Kai_Kimura said:
Runegod said:

well i heard that tools and resamps can affect your recordings and sound another thing dont record in Stereo it messes with your sound and makes it sound horribly hope it helps.

I've never heard of a resampler affecting the output that much. Maybe if you uploaded a few of the recordings of both and someone (or myself) could mess around with it and give you some tips?

Kai_Kimura

Teto's Territory
samth1815 said:
Kai_Kimura said:
Runegod said:

I've never heard of a resampler affecting the output that much. Maybe if you uploaded a few of the recordings of both and someone (or myself) could mess around with it and give you some tips?

Oh nini meant that some amps can change the voice to soun clearer so I've heard

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

If you really wanna create more of a contrast, voice act and exaggerate a difference.

Runegod

Teto's Territory
Kai_Kimura said:
samth1815 said:
Kai_Kimura said:
Runegod said:

Oh nini meant that some amps can change the voice to soun clearer so I've heard

(ok //shame idk how to reply to both of you so im guessing)

we both used oremo to record, both with default mac microphones. I just released my utau's voicebank here (also off topic question: where should i post about that on the forums? XD ) and here are my sisters files, though they are incomplete (luckily we tested them early on so we didn't lose a lot of work) if you want to mess around with these, go ahead. thanks ! :D

PS i dont have any money to spend on editing software or anything of the like

Adlez27 said:
If you really wanna create more of a contrast, voice act and exaggerate a difference.

thanks for the suggestion! thats one of the options we're considering now, though my sisters being a little stubborn about it for some reason @_@