UTAU voice help

hope.panta

Momo's Minion
I have no idea what happened, but I opened my UTAU one morning (a week ago) and sat to try to make a UST. But whenever I would click the sound option to see what it sounds like-- it would always make this glitching voice. It is kind of like double voice and at the same time cuting off? I really can't explain it. I tried to restart the computer and it didn't work.

I also have this thing where if I open UTAU and select one voicebank, another voicebank would play. Is that normal or do I have to do something about it?

I am fairly new to UTAU creation (meaning actually making songs/audios) , so it would be great if people here could help- (if anyone even uses this anymore)

Reactions: vlbonnie

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I also have this thing where if I open UTAU and select one voicebank, another voicebank would play. Is that normal or do I have to do something about it?
In this case, it sounds like you need to clear the cache before playing again, since it's using an old render. Select all notes, right click, and hit "clear cache". Or, when you're selecting notes to play, you can right click on them and choose "render and play" instead of just playing, to force it to ignore the cache.

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For the first issue, that might be a problem with the oto.ini, note envelopes, or with the note properties. I'm not sure which one it is, so I'm just gonna list everything I can think of. If you could post the .wav files you're getting from the renders, that might make things easier to figure out

-Here are some tutorials for otoing: One for CVVC (also works for CV) and one for VCV. For either one, you can start by downloading Moresampler to generate a base oto.ini
-Try selecting all the notes (you can hit "Ctrl+A" or drag the selection cursor over everything), hitting "Ctrl+E" and pressing the "Clear" button next to Preutterance and Overlap. Also put a space in the box labelled "STP". After this, you'll probably need to do the next thing listed as well
-Select everything, and go to the buttons circled in red.
1638246626028.png
Hit the far right one labelled "Reset", and then the second from the left labelled "P2P3"

For the second issue while I was typing this Kiyoteru posted what I hope is the answer