UTALIS won't open wav file

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
heyo; anyone have experience with utalis? I'm getting an odd issue. after selecting the wav and hitting run, it pops up with an error saying (I think) "wave file cannot be opened." the file is on the desktop, so I don't think it's a permissions issue. UTAU folder is also on desktop, not program files. what's odd is it can get it to open wav files exported from utau, but no where else. tried FL studio and audacity, no go. advice?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No idea how to use utalistener, but I have a bunch of UTAU projects with finished samples, so...
ffprobe .\baseresamp.wav
Input #0, wav, from '.\baseresamp.wav':
Duration: 00:00:08.11, bitrate: 705 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 44100 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 705 kb/s

This tells me that the audio is like this
Assuming you're trying to use a mono file and not a stereo file, just hit this with ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i %input_file% -c:a pcm_s16le %output_name&.wav
You don't know what ffmpeg is? Learn it
I only have an esoteric fork out of old audacity that's half broken but
1672871361641.png

signed 16-bit PCM, and I assume it's ought to be mono as well
le (I think) stands for Little-Endian, so if Audacity can't output that for you, ffmpeg does, and it outputs a whole lot more.

This answer was based off this note:
what's odd is it can get it to open wav files exported from utau

xshugarrx

Momo's Minion
thanks, I'll have to try that! I thought that seemed like the issue, and I saw somewhere else what type of encoding is needed for utalis to open it. so weird. ty again!

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
thanks, I'll have to try that! I thought that seemed like the issue, and I saw somewhere else what type of encoding is needed for utalis to open it. so weird. ty again!
MMD requires a specific type of compliant AVI file for background video, so it's a necessary skill to be able to use FFMPEG to make those files if you want to have any sort of speedy process.
FFMPEG should honestly be mandatory in every machine. Take the time to learn it, and then spread it as if it's a religion.