trouble uninstalling utau aaa

kiyomi

Momo's Minion
i made an account for this but uhm i didn't know you had to switch locale to japan before installing.
i changed it now thinking it'd help but it didn't so i'm trying to uninstall, nothing works!!!
like i've read a bunch of forums, websites, etc on how to but it still doesn't work?? help??
i also tried the microsoft install/uninstall program, which also didnt help.
do i just delete all the utau files and reinstall it? i don't know if there are other utau files i'm unaware of that i haven't deleted.
any help is really appreciated!!!
Post automatically merged:

wellllpppppp i just found out that i wasnt supposed to install it in the program files........

Last edited:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
step 1:
kill utau files, the places you want to look would be in the appdata/Roaming/UTAU folder (if you've installed minecraft mods with Forge before, you know (basically just type %appdata% into search or Win+R)) and wherever your UTAU installer set it to (I assume you clicked forwards a bunch of times, so it's likely in C:/Program Files (X86) together with a bunch of other stuff)
(alternately, follow step 2 but instead of deleting the shortcut you right-click it again to find where the shortcut leads to)

step 2:
Also, search for UTAU after doing that and right-click the results to find where they are, as the installer likely placed a shortcut there, then delete that shortcut
1657393539600.png

step 3:
install it correctly this time (It's a site of my own creation, I shill it because I want people to contribute)
(if anyone is reading this 5-10 years in the future, there's either a public archive or I'll have left a trail for you to follow me to wherever and however I am today)

Alternate route:

Just run the UTAU installer again, it should have a function that lets it remove itself if it detects UTAU being installer on your computta, then just clear out any leftovers

step segfault:
if it still doesn't work, I cannot help with anything else

Reactions: kiyomi

kiyomi

Momo's Minion
okay so, i deleted the utau files (like the shortcut ones too) and tried to uninstall it via that program and features tab where it allows you to uninstall a program you do not want. doing so gives me this error, despite getting rid of all the utau files i could find. perhaps it was because i installed it in the program files idk 1657394731177.png

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
okay so, i deleted the utau files (like the shortcut ones too) and tried to uninstall it via that program and features tab where it allows you to uninstall a program you do not want. doing so gives me this error, despite getting rid of all the utau files i could find. perhaps it was because i installed it in the program files idk View attachment 11549
*pulls out this crappy java tool*
*manually, 1-3 letters at a time, transcripts and puts into DeepL*
*tries to fix a kanji, but fails because computerized kanji is horrible to read for someone who can't read kanji*
eh
This is what I got:
このWindowsインストーラーバツケーにはには間顆かあります.
このイシストーを完了するのに必要な プログラムを実行できませんでした.
サポート担当署またはパツケージのべンダーに問い合わせてください.

Which DeepL claims is:

This Windows Installer package has an intergradable(?) problem.
The program required to complete this installation could not be executed.
Please contact your support department or a vendor in the package.

If you haven't thoroughly cleaned out all the UTAU files as best as you may, even the folders, try again.
If you haven't tried re-downloading the UTAU installer and running that when attempting an installation, try doing that, sometimes things just fail for no reason.
If you have tried those, maybe there's some sort of library or windows package you miss... Currently, the site seems to be absolutely dead as a website checker responds with server down, same with utau-synth (Has Ameya finally stopped paying server costs? man idk how xrea works, looking elsewhere xrea seems alive)

Either way, if you haven't tried downloading a fresh installer and the site hasn't revived within some time then we got an issue on our smelly digits. (Or, yours, I don't have any)

kiyomi

Momo's Minion
i don't get that little window where i can choose where i can install the utau folders and stuff. (i am attempting to re-install it)

during as of me writing this, i thank you for suggesting me to delete ALL the utau files i can find and re-installing it
re-installing it helps fix the problem where i couldn't hear defoko + some files in that weird gibberish stuff (which was why i wanted to uninstall it in the first place lol)

i'm a bit uh slow when it comes to trying to understand these things, so i really appreciate your help !!! :D

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i don't get that little window where i can choose where i can install the utau folders and stuff. (i am attempting to re-install it)
That's unusual. Ah well. As long as it works, it works.

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
didn't last very long :sad:( now defoko only says "aaa" but no other words
plonker managed to kill the install
Other than going through all the steps again and again, (hmmm, maybe try uninstalling with the installer then removing the leftover files?), I would like to recommend using a virtual machine, just run windows 7 or 10 and go through all the steps (that's how I did it to make the tutorial) inside the virtual machine to see if anything changes.
I'll leave the obtaining of windows to you.
Although I really should update that tutorial with ones for 7 and XP... I have the isos.

kiyomi

Momo's Minion
i figured out the problem.
i currently have two accounts on this laptop, one being admin (not me) and me just being the standard user. yk how it all goes and how i installed it wrong right?
apparently, all i had to do to uninstall UTAU was to simply log into the admin account and delete there (for context it got downloaded there too bc program files and all that)
now, i'm able to FRESHLY re-install it. ( plus following that tutorial you have lol)
so i guess if anyone else has this problem too that might be the solution. i have to thank you for you patience lol ,,

i still can't figure out how to make defoko sing other words besides "aaa" so that might just be me not knowing how to use utau lmao

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i figured out the problem.
i currently have two accounts on this laptop, one being admin (not me) and me just being the standard user. yk how it all goes and how i installed it wrong right?
apparently, all i had to do to uninstall UTAU was to simply log into the admin account and delete there (for context it got downloaded there too bc program files and all that)
now, i'm able to FRESHLY re-install it. ( plus following that tutorial you have lol)
so i guess if anyone else has this problem too that might be the solution. i have to thank you for you patience lol ,,

i still can't figure out how to make defoko sing other words besides "aaa" so that might just be me not knowing how to use utau lmao
as for using it, I'm lacking the tuning (and hiragana) tutorial. Just know that Defoko uses hiragana characters.
A guide not by me that goes into the writing system (trusted by autists all over the world):
And while you're at it, grind out this, might make your utau tuning faster when you just know all the kana (or hiragana if you don't wanna grind the katakana)

This is a more difficult path of doing things, but you might as well do it properly.
btw install the japanese IME and learn to use it, almost a requirement if you're not going to modify the voicebanks

kiyomi

Momo's Minion
btw install the japanese IME and learn to use it, almost a requirement if you're not going to modify the voicebanks
japanese ime? i have no idea where to get that or even know what it is but i'll try loll

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
japanese ime? i have no idea where to get that or even know what it is but i'll try loll
Winblows lets you install that easy, check language settings, install japanese, then go into settings for that (on win10) and install the IME

Reactions: kiyomi