Totoko Shirahane VB files corrupted after unzipping, any advice?

utauidiot

Momo's Minion
Having a issue where Totoko Shirahane's VCV VB files get corrupted after unzipping. I've tried re-downloading the VB to see if something happened during download, but nothing that I can tell. I'm using Windows 10 and 7-zip, but I tried WinRAR to see if that was the issue, nope still corrupted. Decided to test the corrupted VB to see if it even works, and sorta? But sounds awful due to a bunch of corrupted sounds. At least, I think that's what's happening here (like is this VB just broken or is it something I'm doing?). Anyone else have issues like this or advice?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Do other VBs work? what kind of corruption, can you send screenshots of the issue?

utauidiot

Momo's Minion
This is what's inside the VCV VB zip file when I opened it.

Capture - Copy.JPG

This is the corruption error I get from 7-zip (and WinRAR) after trying to copy the VB to my downloads. I have also tried extracting the VB straight from the zip file to my downloads, which allowed me to get the VB but the corruption was still there, resulting in a corrupted VB.

Capture 2 - Copy.JPG

This is the diagnostics after. To be honest I don't know what 'type' of corruption this is, or if that is what is even happening. That's just what it seemed like is happening to me, but I can be totally wrong.

Capture 3 - Copy.JPG

This same file corruption error happened with the Continuous Sound Add-on Pack & Sharp Append (VCV), but NOT with the Hopp Append (VCV) & Gentle Append (CV). I was able to unzip and use those two VB's in utau fine, no errors! (If you meant other non-totoko shirahane VB's in general, then yes.) But once again, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a error with these 3 VB's.

Reactions: Halo and WyndReed

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It seems like this error has to do with the voicebanks themselves and you might need to notify the voicebank author to check this and provide a fixed version.

One more thing to to try, since it has an install.txt file: Drag and drop the zip file straight into an UTAU window? This will cause UTAU itself to do the unzipping. If there are still issues you should definitely notify the creator.

Reactions: Halo and WyndReed

utauidiot

Momo's Minion
Alright so did the drag and drop with the VCV VB zip file into the utau window (after checking that was the only corrupted VB with a install.txt file, still tried same thing with the other 2 just in case, no dice). Was able to get the VB to show up in utau, yay... But after testing with a ust, it didn't sound right.
Capture 1 - Copy.JPG

So I found the VCV VB folder in utau via the Project Properties, and opened it to see.. this?

Capture 2 - Copy.JPG

That doesn't look right. Just two WAV files? I was so confused, so I deleted the VB from utau, closed the program and tried once more with the drag and drop but same thing! I don't know why but utau just won't load the rest of the VB from the zip. I guess this is just a error with the VB? I can try to reach out to the voicebank author, but I have doubts this will be fixed. It's a kinda old VB and I don't think the author is active in the utau space anymore. But hey it's something lol.

Anyways, thanks for listening, will update if anything else happens.

Reactions: Halo and Kiyoteru

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Since a few of her VBs are hosted on AXFC; those files can regularly have server issues; breaking the link is common, but corrupted files/downloads aren't unheard of. also try redownloading at a different time, if you haven't.

utauidiot

Momo's Minion
Sad news, the contact email is defunct. Didn't see any other means of contact on the DL Site or anything else. Did a few more tries withe the VB's, but nothing new. So guess that's it, maybe someone should update her utau wiki page to show the broken VB's?