Song Interpretations

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm sort of surprised no one has made a thread like this before.

You know how, sometimes, you'll find a Vocaloid song and have no idea what the heck it's trying to say? There are theories everywhere, but they often contradict each other. And, yes, sometimes it is a matter of opinion. Still, there's plenty to discuss.

I guess I'll start this thread with a song that often confuses me: Skeleton Life.

Theories I've heard:
\"Rin and Len were lost. Rin is saying before she loses her ability to walk (because she says The sticky sole fo my foot is numb.Before i couldn't feel anything) she wants Len to teach her how to do some things for example how to ride a wave. She wants to know how to breathe again because its so cold its hard to breathe. She wants to know how to fly because when she dies she wants to fly with Len in heaven.\"
~CookieMonsterManga on YouTube

It's about a girl living a double life as a guy, in order to be able to live exactly how she wants. Len represents the male life, and Rin represents the female life. Hence the name, Skeleton life. She's getting her brother to teach her how to behave like a guy, so she can do it convincingly.
~Inurian59 on YouTube

I support the theory that she's sneaking out as a boy to get an education, becuase think about it. If we look at the outfits, they seem like they're from a time in the past, especially Rin's. If we look back, these could be from a time where the woman was expected to work in the house and stay put. I think that the \"Sticky foot\" part at 0:55 could probably be her talking about, basically \"I'm tired from all this, but it's better than before.\" and a few other moments conveying similar themes.
~YonkaiatHMacademy on YouTube

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It's been a while since I've listened to SKELETON LIFE, but if I remember correctly, I got the same impression that Inurian59 did. It's always fun to think about the deeper meaning behind vocaloid songs, everyone's got their own opinion.