Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Electrorobo link said:
...*slips in to make a small new rant*

I absolutely hate how one of my friends insists on calling me a \"weeaboo\" just because I enjoy Vocaloid/UTAU/Japanese music in general. It especially bothers me because he knows I listen to a lot of music regardless of the language, but he still goes \"oh, it's Japanese? lol you're a weeaboo.\"
Um, excuse me, but how does that make me a weeaboo? I think the technology is interesting, and I enjoy music.

It makes me want to break his face in so badly, but he's one of those people who can do no wrong so if I even try to tell him gently to knock it off it'll explode into this huge thing. =n= Ugh.

This.

I totally understand this. I have a friend who thinks that just because she posts on 4chan, she's God. She makes fun of EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I do. When I wore a RainbowDash shirt to school, she took a picture of me, sent it to her boyfriend, and they collectively made fun of me. She also thinks that if it even SOUNDS Japanese and you like it, you're a weeaboo.

Ugh. All my hatred.

PeppermintCereal

Momo's Minion
So on the point of Japanese music-haters, my Music class is going to do world music one term.

Bring on the complaints.

I, personally, can't wait for this, but I'm the only female student of 2, and I know how the guys are.

"I WANT SKRILLEX" "I DON'T UNDERSTAND" "B'AAAAAAAAAAAAW WHERE'S THE REAL MUSIC"

Shut. Up. Like your music is real. All the music industries are connected in some way, so basically music is music, no matter what country.

DesiDesuHa

Momo's Minion
Well, here I go.
Sometimes I hate myself a lot, because I make stupid mistakes. Some are Utau related, like forgetting about the "i" sound in my reclist(HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE FREAKING FORGET THE EXISTENCE OF A VOWEL!?!?! THERE ARE ONLY 5!), or accidently clicking  trying to click in OREMO.
Others are just in normal life. In science class we here heating some elements in these Pyrex test-tubes, and I'm lucky that they were Pyrex. As soon as it was off the burner I had the "smart" idea of putting it under water. Here's a lesson to all of you who don't want to go blind, when heating toxic chemicals, please wear you're safety goggles. Hot glass will explode when submerged in freezing water. I forget a lot of things that have to do with knowledge I've already acquired by having it rammed into be my mother. Not to her pleasure, of course.
But I'm not only fed up with myself. There are certain people who annoy me. The guy who has to use the desktop computer that you're on, even though his laptop is FIVE feet away,  and then kindly forgets to tell you when your off, and shuts it down instead, and makes you loose two hours of work that you were such a dimwit not to save. It makes me PO'ed
And my parents. They fight every freaking minute when they're not doing their own thing. Either a simple comment starts a war, or a call from a family friend, or this and that, blaaaahhh. The thing that gets me is that they'll want me to take sides, which I can't do. I'll be damned either way. It's hard to watch them be like this. My mom openly says she would have walked out on dad a long time ago if she had had the proper grounds for divorce. My dad, he barely has emotion, so I can hardly figure him out. Either he's robotic or angry(with s), or laughing his head off(with friends and his  family). It's hard to take.
Good night everyone, I bid you adieu.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Today I looked up Trypophobia.

Basically, I feel quite sick in my lower stomach now after seeing those horrific pictures on Google. /shiver

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
IrisFlower link said:
*cough* Please ignore this...I'm just being erm...annoying. And a crybaby I guess.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a terrible person and I don't deserve the friends that I have. They're all so nice to me and sometimes I feel like I do nothing for them in return. As of late...I just feel like I've been very selfish and mean to my friends and I can't figure out why. Maybe it's cause I have been...I don't think I do enough for all of my UTAU buddies out there and they all deserve better I think.../ifail

Yeah...-hides in corner-

^This. All of it applies to me, too.

Now for a rant:

I hate it when I don't finish things.
I hate it when I get stranded in the middle of nowhere so I can't finish said things.
Well, it's not exactly nowhere, and it's probably the best place ever to get stranded, but it really irks me that I broke my promise to so many people again.
I feel like I can't move on until I finish it...

And I hate choosing a college.
Don't get me wrong; I want to go to college and I'm already accepted.
Now I just have people nagging me about email and scholarships and such every single day. I can't remember the last time I talked to my parents about something else.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yeah. I've got more to complain about.

I think I'm probably just being a baby, but...I feel like I can't do ANYTHING.
I entered a writing competition, right? All my friends said I was good. I got hyped up and was sure I was going to win.
And I lost horribly.
So I auditioned to be a voice actor. My friends said I was the best, and sure to win.
And I didn't get the part.
Yeah, I know I'm probably just being a whiner, but...I just want to win something. ANYTHING.

Right now, the only place where I don't feel like a failure...is right on this forum. Because you guys are freaking amazing people. At the risk of sounding like Barney, I love all of you. ;A;

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
One more thing to rant about, this time under a spoiler tag because no one needs to see me whine about this:

So this past quarter/trimester/whatever is easier for people to understand has just been generally miserable overall, and I've tried really hard to keep going through it, but I'm pretty much at my wit's end.

I am now sick for the 6th time, and I am deeply concerned because this is the same thing I had two weeks ago, now spread to a different part of my body. I'm on antibiotics, although they make me feel nauseous so I'm honestly not sure which is worse. I just have not been able to be well for more than half a week since November, and I'm just so sick of being sick.

And I feel horrible for saying it, but I really feel like no one else cares. Everyone else and their problems is always more important than me. I know that must make me horribly selfish, but I sit there for hours comforting everyone else, and then when I just want 5 minutes to complain, someone has to cut me off with "well, I'm sick too" or something. My boyfriend's trying to be supportive, but his "optimism" just seems like he's brushing off how sad I actually am and telling me to get over it.

Not like my family's any better. I get yelled at like it's my fault I have to keep going to the doctor, and then last night my dad apparently thought it would be funny to point out the vet that put my kitty down. Because apparently it's funny when I cry. And then both of my parents could not understand why I was upset for the rest of the night.

I want to say that I can't do this anymore, but really, what else could I do?

Sorry for the super-long rant. Feel free to ignore it if you want, I just had to get it off my chest somewhere.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahh...I should pay attention to this thread more especially if I'm going to be ranting myself..

@Kay and Zelfie
Thank you ;u; It's nice to know that there are other people who feel the same as me and that I'm not alone. And you're right...they're all my friends for a reason and I enjoy being friends with them. Thank you~

@Kay (long rant)
Oh my...what are you sick with if you don't mind me asking? ;n;
Everyone seems to be getting so sick lately. I feel bad cause I got sick in December around Christmas...and afterwards its like everyone else got sick XD I feel like I gave it to you all.

I really hope you get better soon...being sick is not fun, I know. Try and get some rest and don't push yourself okay? ;u;

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am... so tired.  Tired of feeling weak.  I'm a strong person, I can carry my own weight.  But not right now.  Because the chemicals in my brain and turned all kinds of upside-down and I feel weak, tired, pathetic, and heavy.  I can't--that is to say, don't feel like--do anything I want to do, or like doing, or anything. 

I can't draw, I can't write, I can't make music and I can barely work with UTAU.  [sub]hell, I can't even fap.[/sub]  All I can do is sit on my computer and sometimes make things sing and chat with people a little--which is good for me.

And that means, Mom, that I don't feel like doing anything.  Quit telling me how I "need to do something".  I'm not home for the semester because I can do anything I'm asked.  I'm home for the semester because I can't function.  Surely to goodness you understand--I inherited these depressive tendencies from you, after all.  And now, we're on the same medication.  Cool.  But I'm not "doing anything I want to do and just not doing things you want me to do".  I'm sitting on my computer. doing nothing.  I can't. do. anything. -w-

So leave me alone when I want to be left alone--everyone "wants to help in any way they can", but only if it's a way THEY think will help.  I know what will help ME.  But, since you don't think it'll help, you refuse to do it.  Please help me by letting me rest and not stressing me out--I can't handle the stress right now.  ugh.

At least my cat understands <3 he just sits with me and keeps me company, doesn't stress me out at all~ lol.

In slightly less depressing topics, I don't think I'm happy with the quality of my English voicebank anymore D:  I guess I'll have to remake it with my new mic... but it takes ages to oto, and I had just finished the oto... ;; I don't wanna have to do another giant oto... I'm already trying to do this one for the CONFIDENT VCVVC English... *dies*

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My greatest pet peeve in the history of pet peeves....people asking stupid questions while I'm trying to play a game. Irks me like nothing else I swear. Because ya know, I'm trying to focus on the task at hand(those damn Final Fantasy puzzles ) and they just wanna know everything about the game.

So I mean, when my mom asks "Are you enjoying your game?" "Are you having fun?" and the like. Doesn't bother me a bit cause she's inquiring about me and my well being and what not. And afterwards she just walks away. But I invite some friends over or my brother comes around...oh sweet genius the geek rage that builds up inside of me.

"What are you doing?"
"Is Serah any good?"
"Can you only play as Serah?"
"Why are you throwing him[Mog]?"
"Is that what you were trying to do?"
"Why don't you use that guy more often?"
"So what do you have to do now?"
"How do you know when you've captured a monster?"
"Are you on the top floor yet?"
"So do you have to fight him now?"
"Why don't you use this instead?"
"Is it anything like thirteen?"
"Is it better than thirteen?"
"How do you do that?"

Hey guys! ........Shut up. :D
You all wanna know so badly play it yourself okay? Oh and they ALWAYS try and do it when a movie is playing...ya know when you're watching the actual progression of the story? Mmhmm...right there when I as the player really want to pay attention and learn what's going on they wanna play 20 questions. This...I don't mind this if I've already beaten the game but if I'm playing for the first time I wanna know what the hell is going on alright? STOP RUINING MY GAMING EXPERIENCE!! I'm a geek okay I live off this kind of stuff!

And when they ask something and I can only answer "I don't know" because I REALLY DON'T KNOW I get,

"Well it's your game and you don't know what's going on?"

Well gee...no I don't because this is my first time playing and I haven't beaten it yet and thanks to you I missed what they were saying and now I REALLY don't know what's going on! Thank you so much!! Seriously I'm gunna start duct taping their mouths shut every time they come over until they get the hint.

/おわり

Ahh yes. Don't take that seriously at all. Although it really does bother me...it's still silly in a way lol

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My sister said to my mom that she hate food n this moment. I don't want to trust that she is going to be anorexic...  Damndamndamndamndamn... *~*

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Oh my gosh. Someone. Please. Just. KDJFKLJKASDJF.

SO. I'm sitting down, doing college level work for a college class (I am 15 BTW). it's chem. It's math. I am concentrating my freakin' HEAD OFF cause math is VERY frustrating for me, and I have my headphones in blasting 'Tokyo Teddy Bear' (I need music to concentrate, especially since my parents were having the loudest conversation EVER in the room next to me). My dad comes up to me and I just sorta look at him, and take out one of my earphones, and he hits me in the head. It was a mix between a tap and a hit, so I flip out, and my mom comes and rubs my head. Then my dad's like "Stop being a baby! It was only a light tap!" And he convinces my mom that it was only a light tap, and they gang up on telling me to "grow up" and how it "makes them sick" "you're such a baby!" and the such, and then I'm in tears, and they just want to walk away. So went to my dad to go and joke/make up and say, "Hey~ I'm done now, now you can whack me all you want C: "
Dad: "No, I'm not in the mood now." -DEAD SERIOUS-
so I admit, I did get a bit uppity and was like "Of course now, when I'm not doing anything you don't wanna."
And then he yells at me "Get a f*cking sense of humour!"
... I swear to god.
OH. AND. I wanna re-make my UTAU sooooo badly, but of course, no microphone. Right after I bough mixcraft 5. I'm going to try it again, since I haven't touched it since I discovered that it was broke (prolly my sis' fault, I can't believe she's older than me, I was recording something and she grabs the mic and starts singing/yelling "LUV YA LEIK A LUV SONG BBY! I-I-I LUV!" and she think's it's HILARIOUS. And then she keeps trying to touch my laptop to mess with mixcraft, and I was like "AKJDHSFJJ GO AWAY." I bet she was messing with the stuff on my laptop while I was at school (she was home for vacation). I hope by some miracle it's fixed.

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Something that has been bothering me for a while now yus~

Let me first just say that when I was younger, I did what I'm about to rant about. But now that I'm older I of course know better soooo...let's begin.

Just because you don't like something or don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't real. I am so tired of listening to Vocaloid or UTAU or my fave Japanese and Korean bands and having family and friends say shit like, "Why do you listen to that stuff?"

Beg your pardon? Don't act like it's some terrible drug I'm taking alright? It's music whether you like it or not. And then I've of course also gotten, "Why don't you listen to real music?"

And what about what I'm listening to makes it not real exactly? As far as things go:

Vocaloid and UTAU - Well yeah it's a program. But the voice had to come from someone yes? And someone had to make the music and put the voice to notes, right? The program itself didn't just fall out of the sky. So why isn't it real? Real people make it happen...so what about it is fake exactly?

Japanese and Korean music - Oh my gawd guys!! People in different countries actually listen to their own people sing in their own language!!! HOLY SHIT WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?  Okay seriously? So everybody in the world needs to listen to classic rock or country or else they're listening to fake music? Get off your high horse and stfu

And Vocaloid/UTAU community? We're guilty of the same shit. I've seen it on tons of vids. "See, this is real music not that retarted ganster rap shit" "At least this music has meaning"

Slow down there guys. You don't like it when people do it to you...why do it to them? What makes rap fake huh? Autotune? That's not so different from Vocaloid/UTAU dears. Not so different at all. And meaning?

Every piece of music has meaning. Whether that meaning be "hey let's all get drunk and high and **** the hell out of each other" or "Selfishness will only lead to your own demise"...every song has a meaning(yes even Matryoshka. Nice try, Hachi-P. A for effort.).

It's all real music, you just prefer some styles of music to others.

Let me put it this way....I don't like the Legend of Zelda games. Like no lie I don't. Nothing about them appeals to me I'm sorry. I looove Final Fantasy though. Mmm...ask anybody. That game is my crack.

Does that mean I can go up to all my friends who do like Legend of Zelda and say, "Whatever man...it's not even a real game so whatever."

Absolutely not. Because regardless of whether I like it or not, it's still a game that people enjoy and I respect that. I can joke about it with my friends all I want and they can mess with me too but at the end of the day both Final Fantasy and LoZ are good games and we have to, and do, respect each other's opinions.

Just because you don't like pizza doesn't mean it's not a real food.
Just because you don't like pink doesn't mean it's not a real color.
Just because you don't like Google Chrome doesn't mean it's not a real internet browser.
Just because you don't like Twilight doesn't mean it's not a real book.
Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they aren't a real person.
Just because you don't like a style of music...doesn't mean it's not real.

Think about it.

Urmi

Momo's Minion
This is gonna sound like I'm a crybaby and a whiner and so selfish.

Lately I have just been feeling worse and worse about this topic. I've spent ages crying about it and yeah.
I really have motivation to do anything with UTAU any more for the simple fact that there will always be something/someone better at it. That sounds so so so selfish but I really have to get that off my chest.
There's no reason for me to update Urmille or even bother with Kumone because I fear they will never be used because they won't be as good as the newer banks coming out. They sound absolutely amazing! All of my UTAUs will always be heavily accented, unsmooth pieces of crap. And I don't know why I'd even bother try to release them, because I feel like no-one would want to use them.
I've basically given up anything to do with UTAU thanks to this.

EDIT: This is also quite selfish.
I don't get compliments, but everywhere I look there's always a "I love your UTAU so so much <3~~" or, "That sounds amazing!!!"
Sure they worked hard on it, they deserve a compliment! When something is posted in the Cbox there is a flood of "That is so nice!" But when I post something it gets ignored. At least tell me if something sounded wrong? 

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
It's not UTAU related, but I just wanted to get rid of extra baggage ; u ;

These days I just really hate myself. I'd go to sleep and cry because I can't do anything right. I might have to move to another college because I'm having such a hard time but I don't want to leave.

I love drawing; it's one of the only things I really enjoy, but my father wants me to quit. I can't earn anything from it.  Drawing is for high-schoolers, he says.

I'm almost 18 but I still don't know how to take care of myself. I starved myself for almost two weeks because I really wanted a tablet but my parents wouldn't buy me one and I can't get a job. What the hell is wrong with my priorities?

And now that I have one to draw with I just can't get myself to do anything. I finished a rather big piece (which I worked on for days) that I was proud of for a while until I uploaded it online. I stopped after that.

These days I've been so lonely and barely had anyone to talk to which drives me crazy sometimes. I know a lot of people don't really like me and it hurts me whenever I think about it. It's always been like this, since childhood. Usually the only social contact I can actually get is on the internet.

okay rant over

PeppermintCereal

Momo's Minion
IrisFlower link said:

Let me first just say that when I was younger, I did what I'm about to rant about. But now that I'm older I of course know better soooo...let's begin.

Just because you don't like something or don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't real. I am so tired of listening to Vocaloid or UTAU or my fave Japanese and Korean bands and having family and friends say shit like, \"Why do you listen to that stuff?\"

Beg your pardon? Don't act like it's some terrible drug I'm taking alright? It's music whether you like it or not. And then I've of course also gotten, \"Why don't you listen to real music?\"

And what about what I'm listening to makes it not real exactly? As far as things go:

Vocaloid and UTAU - Well yeah it's a program. But the voice had to come from someone yes? And someone had to make the music and put the voice to notes, right? The program itself didn't just fall out of the sky. So why isn't it real? Real people make it happen...so what about it is fake exactly?

Japanese and Korean music - Oh my gawd guys!! People in different countries actually listen to their own people sing in their own language!!! HOLY SHIT WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?  Okay seriously? So everybody in the world needs to listen to classic rock or country or else they're listening to fake music? Get off your high horse and stfu

And Vocaloid/UTAU community? We're guilty of the same shit. I've seen it on tons of vids. \"See, this is real music not that retarted ganster rap shit\" \"At least this music has meaning\"

Slow down there guys. You don't like it when people do it to you...why do it to them? What makes rap fake huh? Autotune? That's not so different from Vocaloid/UTAU dears. Not so different at all. And meaning?

Every piece of music has meaning. Whether that meaning be \"hey let's all get drunk and high and **** the hell out of each other\" or \"Selfishness will only lead to your own demise\"...every song has a meaning(yes even Matryoshka. Nice try, Hachi-P. A for effort.).

Let me put it this way....I don't like the Legend of Zelda games. Like no lie I don't. Nothing about them appeals to me I'm sorry. I looove Final Fantasy though. Mmm...ask anybody. That game is my crack.

Does that mean I can go up to all my friends who do like Legend of Zelda and say, \"Whatever man...it's not even a real game so whatever.\"

Absolutely not. Because regardless of whether I like it or not, it's still a game that people enjoy and I respect that. I can joke about it with my friends all I want and they can mess with me too but at the end of the day both Final Fantasy and LoZ are good games and we have to, and do, respect each other's opinions.

Just because you don't like Google Chrome doesn't mean it's not a real internet browser.

Think about it.

^This. So much. Oh man.

The next person who says it's not real music will be smacked out. Does that sound like a plan?

Although Twilight is a kind of literature, I refuse to acknowledge it as that. Also, this rant thread is literature, isn't it? Lots of people collaborating to make this one thread a good "book" shall we say?

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Urmi
There will always be someone better than you and there will always be someone worse than you. You will never be able to escape that fact. It's what one of my animation professors even tells us. "There's always going to be someone way better than you."

But just because of that...you know what he also always tells us? "Always strive to be better than what you are."

Understand? Success is NOT going to fall out of the sky and into your lap and rarely ever does for people. You have to work for it. Do you honestly think Iris started off sounding the way she does? Absolutely not. It took trial and error and hard work for me to get her to where she is today. And even now I feel like she's not good enough but that doesn't mean I'm going to quit. That just means I'm going to work to improve her some more. 

And you should too. So your UTAU isn't good enough? Work to make them good enough. Imagine how you'll feel when all your hard work and dedication pays off.

As for your compliments thing...that bothers me to pieces. Don't worry about that stuff! Yes it's nice when people compliment you on a job well done but don't make that the basis and driving force behind your work. You'll only end up hurting yourself. Strive to be better not well liked okay? If you're happy with yourself and your work then others will certainly see it and be proud of you too.

But sitting around and being depressed about how your work isn't good will get you no where. I mean we all feel that way sometimes but don't stay there. Pick yourself up and try harder. I know you can do it.

@Peppermint
Haha, sounds like a plan to me.

Person: "It's not real music!"
Me: -smacks- "And that wasn't a real bitch slap."

Yeah I'm no fan of Twilight either. Honestly I'm not but no matter how much it pains me...it's still a book OTL As for this thread being literature...well...we're reading it aren't we? XD So I guess it does count rofl

Angel

Momo's Minion
IrisFlower link said:

Just because you don't like something or don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't real. I am so tired of listening to Vocaloid or UTAU or my fave Japanese and Korean bands and having family and friends say shit like, \"Why do you listen to that stuff?\"

Beg your pardon? Don't act like it's some terrible drug I'm taking alright? It's music whether you like it or not. And then I've of course also gotten, \"Why don't you listen to real music?\"

And Vocaloid/UTAU community? We're guilty of the same shit. I've seen it on tons of vids. \"See, this is real music not that retarted ganster rap shit\" \"At least this music has meaning\"

Every piece of music has meaning. Whether that meaning be \"hey let's all get drunk and high and **** the hell out of each other\" or \"Selfishness will only lead to your own demise\"...every song has a meaning(yes even Matryoshka. Nice try, Hachi-P. A for effort.).

Does that mean I can go up to all my friends who do like Legend of Zelda and say, \"Whatever man...it's not even a real game so whatever.\"

Think about it.

That has been annoying me as well.
Because I don't particularly like the music here, I listen to more K-Pop and J-Pop.
One day, I told my friend that many songs had a similar meaning, and that I wished more songs could step out of it, and gave some songs names, and she said 'Well all the J-Pop and Vocaloid songs are all about RAINBOWS and happy stuff desuuuh'
So then I gave some rather different songs that weren't that happy.
And the kids who say Vocaloid isn't music. If I produced a song and someone said it was fake, I'd be really annoyed.

Mini Rant:

Those people who say to you when a Japanese or Vocaloid song is on, and they say 'OMG LIEK WHAT ARE THEY SAYINGGG!'
I'm not a translator. I'm learning. Please stop.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:

Think about it.

THIS. all over the place. A friend-of-a-friend of mine thinks UTAU aren't 'real' because they aren't official.

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nikiten link said:
It's not UTAU related, but I just wanted to get rid of extra baggage ; u ;

These days I just really hate myself. I'd go to sleep and cry because I can't do anything right. I might have to move to another college because I'm having such a hard time but I don't want to leave.

I love drawing; it's one of the only things I really enjoy, but my father wants me to quit. I can't earn anything from it.  Drawing is for high-schoolers, he says.

I'm almost 18 but I still don't know how to take care of myself. I starved myself for almost two weeks because I really wanted a tablet but my parents wouldn't buy me one and I can't get a job. What the hell is wrong with my priorities?

And now that I have one to draw with I just can't get myself to do anything. I finished a rather big piece (which I worked on for days) that I was proud of for a while until I uploaded it online. I stopped after that.

These days I've been so lonely and barely had anyone to talk to which drives me crazy sometimes. I know a lot of people don't really like me and it hurts me whenever I think about it. It's always been like this, since childhood. Usually the only social contact I can actually get is on the internet.

okay rant over
-hug-
Today's society takes time's value away from individual pleasures for the 'gain' of human society 'as a whole'... It really is terrible how, well I can say it's positive in America, that because of the media and what we are fed through ads on television, online, and on print, people can't enjoy what little time they really have on Earth... It's sad. Because we are being told that you stop being a child at age sixteen and you have to grow and adjust rapidly within two or three years in order to move away from your parents and live alone and independent... provide for yourself... but how? I feel you. :'c
And yeah, art doesn't earn you anything, bogus... Commission and get yourself out there! Business might be slow at first, but I promise you, people WANT other people to draw them things. |:sing: <3 Just like the time of the Renaissance masters. <3

Okay so, having to live alone after eighteen years of living dependent. People who have enough money are fine with that, they can pay for whatever the heck they need in order to GET to wherever they want to get to... but what about us less privileged? I mean, I'm not saying I'm dirt poor, living in the streets poor... We used to be close to that a couple of years ago, but my brother was able to find a programming job after college that has actually been helping us, sort of. Underpaid, but it's been helping out. At any chance he has, he tries to get me what I need. Like, I now have an iMac because I'd been sort of complaining about my net book being too slow with Illustrator, which I need for class (I shan't tell how I have the program.) He used the money he was saving up to buy a car. Our parents have been bickering at him about him getting himself his own car, occasionally stopping to remind themselves that that is no simple matter and that when you buy a car, you are obligated to pay for insurance, 'cuz, you know, who would like to get involved in an accident and not have any money to pay for medical bills or whatever lol WHICH YOU STILL HAVE TO ANYWAYS LOL but w/e um yeah.

I go to this magnet art school that is really ****in' full of itself, always bragging about how it's one of the tops schools in the ~NATION~ like seriously, if you were, you wouldn't be piss poor and making the kids have to buy their own ****ing art supplies because that shit is expensive and most of the time we don't even use it all. Not ALL of us are painters, not all of us are sculptors, and not all of use are photographers. My family has spent so much ****ing money on me because of this school, money that we can barely afford but we HAVE to because I had the IMBECILE notion of pursuing art after highschool, specifically animation, which, by the way, my school does NOT officially advocate... Sophomore year in my graphic design class, my teacher saw my drawings and was like "lol you better not draw your little anime for me lol"
I. Do not. Draw. "Anime". It is impossible to draw "anime" as a single frame or illustration because you just ****ing claimed that I draw animation (the Japanese term for it), and as far as I can logically tell, ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY DRAW ANIMATION, you ****ing ANIMATE, gdi
I know she meant that I can't copy the "anime" style, that is what she meant. Like hell, "anime" is not a STYLE, it's a mother****ing ART FORM. "Anime" is the Japanese term for animation. W/E TANGENTS LOL TL:DR She claimed that my illustrational style was not genuine. When I was in elementary, sure I copied line for line from this disgusting 'how to draw manga' book. The EPITOME of ignorance! How old was I, six! But I loved drawing it, and soon after, I didn't need to rely on the book anymore, I was drawing on my own... In middle school, I got more serious about drawing because of the best art teachers I could possibly ask for. My middle school wasn't the best, in fact, it was in TERRIBLE conditions when I began there. All the light-skinned people were always mocked and teased and bullied by everyone else, who were dark... I had friends, yeah, but even they referred to me as 'white', and it bothered me because I didn't see myself as white, I do NOT identify with 'white' people, I identify with Hispanic people, Hispanics from Europe, dark hair and eyes, because that's the origin of my specific family, I guess. Based on things idk, both my parents great, great somethings were from the same orphanage anyway.

Wow wtf okay so my art teachers, my fifth grade art teacher was a boss, and he saw in me what he had been WAITING to see in his students for YEARS. He is an artist himself, I believe. But in any case, my close group of friends and I were the 'art' kids in middle school, coincidentally, we were all in the gifted class. We were all picked on for this as well, regardless of color. My black friends would be referred to as 'white on the inside' or not 'genuinely black'. Get the **** out? Is there anything wrong with being black and NOT SUPPORTING A STEREOTYPE ABOUT THE COLOR OF YOUR MOTHER****ING SKIN okay I'm done with that.
My sixth-eighth grade art teacher, which I'm so glad she's now not teaching anymore, she's doing this artist residency thing at Miami Beach which is like, rich people lands, and she's getting a sort of humble commission there <3 She was an artist herself. And she TOLD us that if we wanted to draw cartoons we needed to draw from life in order to understand proportion and to make things make sense. Understanding how things work in life gives us the knowledge we need in order to be able to exaggerate and abstract FROM life in order to create lively cartoons with emphasized proportion and believable weight. She called them 'manga' because we talked about it to her like that, haha. But what I appreciate about it is that SHE herself tried it out! SHE herself drew her own cartoons with us to get us to create our own stories and comics. The class she had with us was like her special class, we had this student teacher bond kind of thing. She told us all we should try entering the school I'm in now and I actually got in (which I was teased for, too, "You got in because you're white lol", when in fact, another student got accepted to another art school that is like leveled with mine, and he was Haitian, so... there was no reason for that :///// )

And now, THIS school, is the least supportive piece of shit. Well, now that I'm a senior, and I apparently /matter/ now, my graphics teacher told me that she is proud of where my illustrations are and that they don't look like 'anime' anymore. I feel the same way, I HAVE come a LONG ASS way, when I think about it, I'm actually quite proud myself! But the thing is, my style was NEVER CONSIDERED 'anime' by the others, or by people on dA lol, my style has always had this more western boldness to it. I feel like just RECENTLY, I've been melding more sleek, feminine aspects of Asian art, specifically the graphic elements of Japanese prints and those kinds of lines, with my previous style, abstracted from life... I USE flat line and color and gradients to create illusions of depth while still remaining graphical in depiction. THAT is thanks to being in the graphic design program for three years, having to work that kind of stuff into my personal drawings. And of course, the foundation life drawing classes and whatnot.
Now when I think about that, I think about college. I'm a senior. And I should be applying to colleges and whatnot. I have, my big one being CalArts. But... you know how expensive that shit is? VERY ****IN' EXPENSIVE, okay. But Disney FOUNDED that school! It is THE school for animators! But I don't underSTAND how anyone that is NOT rich and from Valencia would even have the CHANCE of ATTENDING that school! Not only do I have to pay tuition and supplies, I have to pay an arm and a leg for room and board and food, and then the flight TO California, which is literally the OTHER side of the U.S. for me, I live in Florida, gdi. But god DAMN, I REALLY want to do animation, no, I NEED it... it's the only way I ever really DO feel accomplished, genuinely, and AM willing to accept criticism and actually go and try to make a BETTER animation. I love to take criticism for my illustrations, but it's not as exciting for me as when I am told about what I can improve in my animations for them to be better.
Another thing: my school, DASH, does NOT give me time to work on the things that matter... at least it hasn't given me any time. Here, I can admit that this is partly my fault. I get tired of working on art, art, art all the time that I go home and I end up drawing for myself in my own private sketchbook, or I go home and spend HOURS on tumblr lol, or do UTAU things. But I wish I wasn't so compelled to work for a GRADE as opposed to work on a legitimate portfolio piece for COLLEGE like an ANIMATION. I did one last year for my film elective class, but last year was JUNIOR year, the year we ARE PUSHED to work as MUCH as we can to use all THAT work in our SENIOR portfolios. So ****, all I did was some shitty little flipbook animation, not the most I felt I could achieve, but the most I tried to achieve, the most I could. It got into the school's film festival and it made me happy to hear the audience's reaction after it was finished. I never felt so accomplished... I sort of cried because it was MY animation played out LOUD and shown BIG on this beautiful theater downtown, and everyone loved it... luckily the animation was super fast and people couldn't tell that in the last flipbook (I used three), the character had no pants or his antennae lol It's on my YT and I still haven't fixed it but **** the police xD time to move on to other projects to improve.
But the more I think on it, the more I feel like it's a big waste of time and money to even go to college... I can go to my state school, it's cheap as all ****, but from what I heard from my mother and my brother, both went there, it's pretty rigorous itself. I'm glad, but I'd like to have time during college to develop my animation...

And then I ask myself, "why the **** am I getting so worked up? Why in the gods name are we made to work so hard to get somewhere in society when WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS! In a couple of million years, will ANYTHING I do be of ANY importance in the ****ing universe? My god, I bet NOT. EVERYTHING will be forgotten. And that is the biggest fear of mine... to forget and/or to be forgotten. And what sucks is that I can't enjoy life as I wish I could because I can't ever stop thinking about these things... people forget about me all the time, and I really can't say it's bad on them because really, I try NOT to stand out. But sometimes, I really do wish I could be appreciated every now and then, which I am sometimes, but ugh I feel so selfish and disgusting saying that...

WHOO got all THAT off my chest! -hides-

Status
Not open for further replies.