Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
@Nikiten
I know the feeling. But...sometimes it's hard to fit into a community unless you forge friendships with everyone. I'm not saying you're not doing that, cuz I don't know you, but with the thousands of UTAU users out there, it takes a lot to become noticed.
And then there's the chance that other people are already friends with each other, and you generally get ignored in groups of friends like that. =n=

But if it helps...Saki shall be yo fwiend. ouo

@UtauYork
Oh God. That's awful. DX
This is why I gave up trying to record another bank. Because my cats ate my amazing microphone, and I bought a crap-tastic one for $8 that only works well for talking/singing but apparently hates UTAU.

PeppermintCereal

Momo's Minion
I have really lost faith in humans in general.
Just... I've had a bad day because of one of my "friends" being a real child. His business really upset me.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Short version:
The flu

Longer version:
I spent the first half of spring break working on a college application. I spent the second half feeling like crap because of the flu. I still feel like crap.

Need I say anymore?

creamwolf

Teto's Territory
wow i only have 19 subscribers not even that many since some left youtube,i know i really messed up with eijii takedo,he sounded like noise than a person,i got help on otoing and stuff and re-recorded like people said,and Orochi was made,took me a year and still not wholy finished,but he sounds way better, i felt confident introducing him on youtube,facebook,and such, but so far the only person to like a picture or video is my girlfriend,heck she wants to do art for my videos. No one looks his way besides her and a few of her friends,4000 views,no coment,rating,nothing,i posts pics on DA for him,nothing
post videos on forums,nothing,i know i didnt use a high quality mic,but omg have you heard him compared to Eijii!?

at least orochi has a flexible voice yo can hear at times,hes not perfect yet i try and try,im fine with his voice,even if hes no VIPP,but people want close to perfection these days, i bet some of you dont even know who i or him are right now..

or more so,act like im not even on this thread

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
creamwolf link said:
wow i only have 19 subscribers not even that many since some left youtube,i know i really messed up with eijii takedo,he sounded like noise than a person,i got help on otoing and stuff and re-recorded like people said,and Orochi was made,took me a year and still not wholy finished,but he sounds way better, i felt confident introducing him on youtube,facebook,and such, but so far the only person to like a picture or video is my girlfriend,heck she wants to do art for my videos. No one looks his way besides her and a few of her friends,4000 views,no coment,rating,nothing,i posts pics on DA for him,nothing
post videos on forums,nothing,i know i didnt use a high quality mic,but omg have you heard him compared to Eijii!?

at least orochi has a flexible voice yo can hear at times,hes not perfect yet i try and try,im fine with his voice,even if hes no VIPP,but people want close to perfection these days, i bet some of you dont even know who i or him are right now..

Well, if I may, I don't know who you are because I've never had a conversation with you to my memory. And I only just recently started seeing you around the forums....I also haven't seen any videos from you but that's probably 100% my fault for ignoring the song covers part of the thread.

That being said you can't can't CAN NOT make popularity the basis for making an UTAU, friend. If that's all you care about, people liking and listening to your UTAU, then you'll only end up isolating yourself and that's not fun. This is supposed to be a fun community full of people who share the same hobby and it's supposed to be a nice way to meet new people.  Not a popularity contest. ;u;

"People want close to perfection"

I wouldn't say that. Do people appreciate clear UTAU and pretty art? Sure they do. UTAU is like free vocaloid afterall and getting close if not surpassing that quality is awesome, right? I'm sure you enjoy UTAU with nice voices too don't you?
People want to listen to something they enjoy listening to. I've had people tell me they love Iris's voice and I've had people call her dull, boring, and bland. It all depends on what people want to hear and what they like.

Personally, I think Orochi has so much potential but he's unclear and I can't really understand him. I feel like with some clearer samples and tighter oto.ini he could really start to show through like you want. There are so many UTAU created and released every month and then every year, and then pile on the(god forgive me)"popular" UTAU...it just takes some work but I know you can do it. You seem to release videos really quickly...try to just take your time on it and work with Orochi's voice and your mixing because on a couple of your songs the off vocal is way too loud @_@

Another suggestion is to use other peoples UTAUs too! Not just ones of people you know or of the more well known UTAU, try using ones that are new or unknown like you. You never know what may happen~

creamwolf

Teto's Territory
IrisFlower link said:
[quote author=creamwolf link=topic=206.msg6514#msg6514 date=1332181009]

Well, if I may, I don't know who you are because I've never had a conversation with you to my memory. And I only just recently started seeing you around the forums....I also haven't seen any videos from you but that's probably 100% my fault for ignoring the song covers part of the thread.

That being said you can't can't CAN NOT make popularity the basis for making an UTAU, friend. If that's all you care about, people liking and listening to your UTAU, then you'll only end up isolating yourself and that's not fun. This is supposed to be a fun community full of people who share the same hobby and it's supposed to be a nice way to meet new people.  Not a popularity contest. ;u;

"People want close to perfection"

I wouldn't say that. Do people appreciate clear UTAU and pretty art? Sure they do. UTAU is like free vocaloid afterall and getting close if not surpassing that quality is awesome, right? I'm sure you enjoy UTAU with nice voices too don't you?
People want to listen to something they enjoy listening to. I've had people tell me they love Iris's voice and I've had people call her dull, boring, and bland. It all depends on what people want to hear and what they like.

Personally, I think Orochi has so much potential but he's unclear and I can't really understand him. I feel like with some clearer samples and tighter oto.ini he could really start to show through like you want. There are so many UTAU created and released every month and then every year, and then pile on the(god forgive me)"popular" UTAU...it just takes some work but I know you can do it. You seem to release videos really quickly...try to just take your time on it and work with Orochi's voice and your mixing because on a couple of your songs the off vocal is way too loud @_@

Another suggestion is to use other peoples UTAUs too! Not just ones of people you know or of the more well known UTAU, try using ones that are new or unknown like you. You never know what may happen~
[/quote]
well i do utau for fun of course!,^^,yea i understand some of the words are loud in some songs,and ive always had a muffle issue,yet i keep on truckin,hes not complete yet XD ive been trying to look for a way to filter it,he sounds clear in acapella,just not after final mixing,which i dont see alot of tutorials for(the loud volume is my fault most of the time because some samples get quiet >,<)

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The warm weather is here. You know what that means?

Girls with skimpy skirts & tight shirts practically flashing me in the hallway. No bueno. This is school,  not some club you can pick up guys in.

Is "decency" out of these girls' vocabulary? V.V

[size=10pt]Dear lab partners,
I understand you're best friends, & that you're not allowed to work with your other best friends on this lab. I know. My two best friends ditched me to work in another group.
Still that gives you no excuse to completely just leave when we're so behind on this lab. It's kind of a big deal that we pass this without having to make up data.
Also, give me something to do. I don't wanna do this lab at all but just standing around makes me feel worthless.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is ****ing bullshit!! T_T I'm like...literally crying here...tears, sniffling...the works. I'd be sobbing if my brother wasn't in the next room DX I really would be...I've been working so hard on this picture for like two hours or so and I had just finished the lineart when SAI crashed and I lost everything!! Now all I'm left with is the very basic face sketch. Everything else? Gone.

I was so proud of the picture. The hands...the proportions...they were amazing. And now they're gone...all gone. Am I being over dramatic? Maybe...but it's not fair...for once I couldn't wait to finish it and post it and for once I was super proud of what I had done and now it's gone...life is not okay for Iris...not okay at all...I"m going to go crawl into a corner and die now....

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
This is ****ing bullshit!! T_T I'm like...literally crying here...tears, sniffling...the works. I'd be sobbing if my brother wasn't in the next room DX I really would be...I've been working so hard on this picture for like two hours or so and I had just finished the lineart when SAI crashed and I lost everything!! Now all I'm left with is the very basic face sketch. Everything else? Gone.

I was so proud of the picture. The hands...the proportions...they were amazing. And now they're gone...all gone. Am I being over dramatic? Maybe...but it's not fair...for once I couldn't wait to finish it and post it and for once I was super proud of what I had done and now it's gone...life is not okay for Iris...not okay at all...I\"m going to go crawl into a corner and die now....

Q A Q I know how that's like aaaah. /sob with youuu/ But you can always try to re-draw but even better! T V T

---

Don't read if you can't don't want to read a jerk's blunt comment. Controversy everywhere.
Are you /sure/ you wanna read this?
You asked for it..don't get mad at me?

I'm sorta just tired of people always whining how they want people to use/draw/etc their UTAU (more or at all) or that they (their UTAU or them as users) should be more popular. That's right. They say should. It bothers me even more when my close friends say this. I mean...even privately, in a convo or something, it's already...iffy to me? But publicly. Just a post or... Whether all the time or a few...It's really annoying? Maybe it's just my mentality, but wouldn't that drive you away from ever associating with that UTAU/person when you see those things?
Firstly... don't we ALL appreciate whenever someone else uses our own UTAU or do whatever with them? You're not anymore "special" so it'd be kind if you piped down, you know? Some are a little more obsessive about this than others, yeah I can tell...but I mean...you also have to sorta either suck it up or try to actually hmm dunno..do something? UTAU are used for a reason, often and hopefully because people genuinely like them! There are about thousands now, don't expect people to just bam! like them! You have to at least work for it?

Side note : For all who blame "popular UTAU", cut your crap now. Have you ever considered why they're popular in the first place? People usually aren't juuust because of magic. They tend to have some sort of goodness in one sort of way. Even if it's just that the owner is really nice. Even if it's solely because they have great art...That's still something? But stuck up little kids of the community who blame them act as if the well-known UTAU just got lucky. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...huuuuuuh. And just saying, I'm not sucking up to them okay? Jeez, maybe I kinda just can't stand irrational behaviour???

People just don't quite understand these things yet....
WHY CAN'T WE ALL DO THINGS FOR FUN. REMEMBER THAT? THAT'S A THING YOU KNOW....E A E

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I wish the UTAU community could just.
Stop with its drama.
The largest drive of mine to continue using UTAU is to get my mind off of things. When I'm having an art block, I do things with UTAU. When I'm depressed, I resort to UTAU. It's like video games for me, I go to them to get away from reality for a little bit.

But then the community, the community. For goodness's sake, the community... I've always been pretty antisocial and very to myself because of my over-analysis of people and relationships... I prefer to observe and learn now rather than do and embarrass myself. Well, in social situations. But I told myself "Ah, why not try to be social? Lemme try to interact with others who share this interest of mine. Maybe I can learn more or make my UTAUs better or w/e. So I tried to be a part of the community.

Well, I deactivated my Twitter back in February because I didn't really have anything to talk about to the people who followed me/ I followed, just kept posting what I'd post on soundcloud, and lots of drama and ranting happened, too. Well.

The same thing is happening on Tumblr. The ranting... the drama... the one group versus the world... and then the name drops, and just

It makes me want to just not be part of this community anymore? It makes me want to just unsubscribe to every UTAU channel on YT? I kind of just want to not be around anymore.

Which would be totally fine because there are tons of people in this community, so what's one person not interacting gonna do? It's not like I ever really did interact much lol |:sing:

and omg ayyyy Iris QQ
all of your feelings I understand completely omg
Learn from your experience now: save with every new line you draw.

creamwolf

Teto's Territory
adriann link said:
I wish the UTAU community could just.
Stop with its drama.
The largest drive of mine to continue using UTAU is to get my mind off of things. When I'm having an art block, I do things with UTAU. When I'm depressed, I resort to UTAU. It's like video games for me, I go to them to get away from reality for a little bit.

But then the community, the community. For goodness's sake, the community... I've always been pretty antisocial and very to myself because of my over-analysis of people and relationships... I prefer to observe and learn now rather than do and embarrass myself. Well, in social situations. But I told myself \"Ah, why not try to be social? Lemme try to interact with others who share this interest of mine. Maybe I can learn more or make my UTAUs better or w/e. So I tried to be a part of the community.

Well, I deactivated my Twitter back in February because I didn't really have anything to talk about to the people who followed me/ I followed, just kept posting what I'd post on soundcloud, and lots of drama and ranting happened, too. Well.

The same thing is happening on Tumblr. The ranting... the drama... the one group versus the world... and then the name drops, and just

It makes me want to just not be part of this community anymore? It makes me want to just unsubscribe to every UTAU channel on YT? I kind of just want to not be around anymore.

Which would be totally fine because there are tons of people in this community, so what's one person not interacting gonna do? It's not like I ever really did interact much lol |:sing:

and omg ayyyy Iris QQ
all of your feelings I understand completely omg
Learn from your experience now: save with every new line you draw.
omg i understand this,i joined the utau community to make friends with people who were into this since some of my regular friends dont get it,well never heard of it and really dont even look at the stuff i randomly post,except my dad who is a dj. years ago when i first started literally i stoped getting subscribers, or comments,i hopped on the forrum,it was the same way,but im cool^^

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So, I guess my new cover has a dislike. That's okay, I mean, a lot of people get dislikes on their covers and everyone has the right to click the thumbs-down button... it's just...

I was really, really proud of that cover. I still am. And it only has a handful of views.

Someone really felt it was necessary to just dislike it and not tell me why? I want to know where I can improve, not just be told that I suck anonymously. I know it shouldn't bug me, and that it's really not that big a deal, but it was really disappointing to see that.

In school-related news: Data Analysis and Network Fundamentals, I'm not paying thousands of dollars to take you so that I can teach myself. We're supposed to be reviewing and learning intro-level material, don't just skip over it and expect that everyone knows it.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
I keep making nice covers. But I can't draw. I cannot, to save my life, produce a drawing worthy of being cover art. I need to learn how to use MMD and PMD, otherwise I have no chance of getting my finished stuff posted.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Not really a rant. More of a...confession? I guess?

...I...feel really bad when I see people talking about the awfulness of parts of this community.

I mean, I've never personally been involved in drama. I have a natural talent at vanishing when things get fight-y. So...whenever I see someone saying they feel invisible or that they wish they were noticed more, I kind of scramble to the rescue. Send them a message just to say hi, or vow to use their UTAU a billion times. I just...want to make people happy. eAe

But does that make me too compliant? Does that make me a suck-up? I don't think so. I just can't stand people being upset.

Honestly? That's why I started doing my UtaView. I want people to not feel invisible. There are at least seven voices on my 'To Review' list just because their creator is on this forum and I said to myself, "I liek you. I'mma give you at least a few more views. It's not much, but I'll do all I can..."

...let's just all be happy. Come on, everypony. Smile.

SakisCookie link said:

...I...feel really bad when I see people talking about the awfulness of parts of this community.

I mean, I've never personally been involved in drama. I have a natural talent at vanishing when things get fight-y. So...whenever I see someone saying they feel invisible or that they wish they were noticed more, I kind of scramble to the rescue. Send them a message just to say hi, or vow to use their UTAU a billion times. I just...want to make people happy. eAe

But does that make me too compliant? Does that make me a suck-up? I don't think so. I just can't stand people being upset.

Honestly? That's why I started doing my UtaView. I want people to not feel invisible. There are at least seven voices on my 'To Review' list just because their creator is on this forum and I said to myself, \"I liek you. I'mma give you at least a few more views. It's not much, but I'll do all I can...\"

You're just so.. *lip quiver* SO NICE. I love the fact that you do that :D As one of the least noticed people in the fandom, I find you to be amazing man. AMAZING. I COULD JST HUGGLE YOU FOREVER.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
SkyStrawberryLollipop link said:
[quote author=SakisCookie link=topic=206.msg6837#msg6837 date=1332378452]

Honestly? That's why I started doing my UtaView. I want people to not feel invisible. There are at least seven voices on my 'To Review' list just because their creator is on this forum and I said to myself, \"I liek you. I'mma give you at least a few more views. It's not much, but I'll do all I can...\"

You're just so.. *lip quiver* SO NICE. I love the fact that you do that :D As one of the least noticed people in the fandom, I find you to be amazing man. AMAZING. I COULD JST HUGGLE YOU FOREVER.
[/quote]

...and now we are friends. -cling- ouo

.......-upgrades-

Status
Not open for further replies.