Pitchbending Tutorials

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Does anyone happen to have a good pitchbending/tuning tutorial they could recommend me? I just thought I could any UTAU I use to sound more energetic/emotional. Please and thank you :D

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
You can learn a lot by testing.

Also watching other people's ways is useful to make your own.

Recently there was an event at NND that was meant to make others learn how to pitchbend by showing your methods on a video. You can look for these videos under this tag: 調声晒し大会2012

Hope these videos are useful for you.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yue Nagareboshi link said:
You can learn a lot by testing.

Also watching other people's ways is useful to make your own.

Recently there was an event at NND that was meant to make others learn how to pitchbend by showing your methods on a video. You can look for these videos under this tag: 調声晒し大会2012

Hope these videos are useful for you.

I recommend this too, it's great to see how different pitchbend methods work.  All kinds of users, overseas and JP alike, took part in that owo

Personally, I learn from finding USTs that have nice tuning and studying what those do.  It's a great way to learn some basic ideas of how to tune for the sound you want.  From there it's a lot of experimentation... everyone has their own style, and every song/bank has its own style, too.  That's what would make a formal tutorial difficult...

My personal "rules of thumb" are these: pitchbends from above add strain, pitchbends from below add dynamic.  Vibrato goes on long and high notes, and other notes depending on what style you're doing... vibrato is a great tool, but you have to use it carefully.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When I pitchbend, I usually sing a line to myself and try to copy that. I've gotten pretty good at imagining what something would sound like so I pitchbend, play, and adjust. I've also tried seeing what something looks like from Freqtracer or UTAlis, then copying it.