My UTAU won't sing correctly

RyeKoizumi

Momo's Minion
Hi everyone! I'm new in this forum and I joined because I've had this problem for a long time now and I can't find a way to solve this nowhere so I pray that someone here knows how to fix this I'd love you for life no joke :cry: this might be a long description.

Well the problem is this, I put a UST, then select my utau, click play and then some phonemes don't sound correctly. I can't really explain this so I uploaded a sample (soundcloud) of how terrible it sounds.

For example, while the lyrics say
Atashi anata ni koi suru tame ni umareta no kashira?
she says:
_____ anata ni koi suru tam__ ni uma__ta no kashi_a?
and so goes on

This only happens to me, because I shared the VB with two friends of mine that also works with UTAU to test her but both said to not have problems.

Other thing to add, is that the oto have gibberish alias, also hiragana and romaji so it recognizes every ust without problem.

I have Windows 8, but this problem was on Win XP as well, so I tried it on Win 7 but it was the same thing, so I'm starting to think I'm cursed? lol.

Thank you all for your time to read this and for future responses (if I get any orz). :love:

RUIN

Momo's Minion
You're not cursed, you just have a bad understanding for UTAU, it seems. You probably didn't clear the Overlap, Preutterance, STP and other things so the envelopes break and the resampler can't really render them. I'd also recommend that you improve your oto as well because that might be the cause too(if you have long consonants, for instance). You didn't give enough info so no one can really know what actually may cause the problem here, but I think that the first guess was the right one. If it isn't, provide more info and I'll try to help as good as I can.
P.S. To set everything to the settings that will work with your UTAUloid: Press CTRL+E, click "Clear" beside the "Preutterance" and "Overlap" boxes to set them to your UTAUloid's oto settings, if the "Consonant Velocity" box is grey or has any number in it clear it and clear the "STP" box. Also, when you go back to UTAU's main window, press "Reset" button so the envelopes are reset to their default values.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Okay, first, as RUIN has pointed out, it could be a fitting issue. Please see this thread if you're not aware of why it's important nor how to do it.
Fitting a premade ust to your voicebank

But listening to your sample, it seems like you don't have those samples at all (or at least resampler thinks you don't), as there's no telltale hiss of static that usually comes with bad otoing/no fitting.

What resampler are you using? I'm kind of wondering if perhaps it's a dot/comma problem.
Please see this post, and follow the instructions to make sure your decimal symbol is a dot/full stop instead of a floating point/comma, then try again making doubly sure to use resampler.exe, not resampler.dll.
http://utaforum.net/thread-vcv-and-cv-resampler-problem?pid=45223#pid45223

And finally, just in case, can I confirm that you're running UTAU version 0.4.18e in Japanese locale?

RyeKoizumi

Momo's Minion
Hi, thank you for your very clear responses, I finally could make it work, I configured the oto again but it still didn't seem to work, because the cmd was only showing ##### and didn't make any sound so I changed the resampler, and then it worked... I'm ashamed it was something so easy to do... it seems I still have a lot to learn about UTAU...thank you so much, really!!!