I want to start an UTAU group with people.

UTAU Color Schemes

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1861265/Cyberpunk_Dream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/117453/Robotnika

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/28691/tech_news

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/126662/Tablet

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/160232/It_goes_in_here

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1265009/Apocalyptic_Sunset

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/980366/death

• http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/941416/apocalyptic_dork

• Total voters

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
HiddenVenia link said:
Doing a HomeStuck like group would kinda be...Unoriginal in my opinion.

To be quite honest, I agree with you. I'm not too familiar with it, but taking an internet phenom and stealing its ideas doesn't sit well with me. So no. No Homestuck.

HarazokiYuki

Momo's Minion
Oh, and by the way...

Would you like me to start our own forum? [website wise..]

It wouldn't be like.

An OWNED domain, but it'd be nice to have our own group website...

[size=large6]O3O[/size]

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Harazoki Yuki link said:
Oh, and by the way...

Would you like me to start our own forum? [website wise..]

It wouldn't be like.

An OWNED domain, but it'd be nice to have our own group website...

[size=large6]O3O[/size]

I can start with that. First we have to decide on a group name and concept. Once we have that finished, then we can start thinking about websites.
I appreciate it.

Also, would you mind not going all out on the crazy text? I would really like this thread to be as easy to read and relatively professional as possible. Also, I have a minor irritation regarding such text...orz;; Thank you very much for understanding!

HarazokiYuki

Momo's Minion
Fuuko link said:
I can start with that. First we have to decide on a group name and concept. Once we have that finished, then we can start thinking about websites.
I appreciate it.

Also, would you mind not going all out on the crazy text? I would really like this thread to be as easy to read and relatively professional as possible. Also, I have a minor irritation regarding such text...orz;; Thank you very much for understanding!

Sorry with the text.. I just discovered I can do that... I got a little excited... And plus, I'm weird like that! XD Sorry!! And okay :3

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ScandinavianSweetie link said:
I like the idea of RPG...
But, what kind of RPG are we talking about? Like, classes-wise.
Are we talking about fighters, archers, mages and so on?
I would say pretty much any class that can be found in a fantasy rpg.
Example:
Soldier/knight
Mage
Priest
Monk
Theif
Pirate
Samurai
Ninja
Archer
Gunner
Summoner

Those are just some classes I pulled off my rpg maker and out of my head. I know there are more classes though.

P

PurinPuff

I'm stuck on Fairytales and RPG. I voted for Fairytales, but I think I might want to change my vote to RPG. ^^

Also, how many peeps are here and accepted as group members, Fuko? Just so we realize how big of a group we're dealing with...

EDIT: I love Rogue classes so much. ^^

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Currently our group members are:
ScandinavianSweetie
Snowsongstress
Candymarbles
Mei Okurin
MsStarryDreams
Fawkesy
Harazoki Yuki
TheLoonyLibrarian
EspeonLady

I believe that's all I need. if anyone wants to apply, please message me with a sample of your work. Thank you.

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
I second Purin with not wanting Zodiac, since too many people associate it with Homestuck, and it's sorta getting on my nerves. (Like when I say I'm a leo and someone's like, "omggg ur so like Nepetaaaaa" OTL)
But yeah :D I voted for the fairy tale idea. I really really love The Grimm Brothers, so it would be so cool to have a Goose Girl UTAU or have a Brother and Sister based UTAU.

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm fine with the fairytale theme, but I want it to be so that any UTAU can be in it and not be changed. (Except maybe their clothes or something.)

P

PurinPuff

I'm fine with the fairytale theme, but I want it to be so that any UTAU can be in it and not be changed. (Except maybe their clothes or something.)

You mean already existing UTAU? [sub]I figured we would make UTAU for the theme of the group, and prior UTAU would be considered separate.[/sub]

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, that could work, I guess. But wouldn't it be more fun to have our own OFFICIAL UTAUs in something like this? *shot for coming off rude* XD

HarazokiYuki

Momo's Minion
I'm fine if I have to re-record Yuki's voicebank and make it an append library, but I can't MAYBE change her design because someone else drew an amazing design for her and I LOVEEEEE ITTT. << sorry hyper
But I can try to get them to re-do it.
I think we'll all have to make adjustments to our UTAUs for this, but I'm fine with it.
Just saying.

After we get this situated, we should REALLY think of a name. :D

P

PurinPuff

Well, that could work, I guess. But wouldn't it be more fun to have our own OFFICIAL UTAUs in something like this? *shot for coming off rude* XD

You didn't come off rude to me; it's a valid question. :smile:

I think making UTAUs for the purpose of the group is a good idea, because I personally feel that in order to grasp a concept fully, one has to go that extra mile to have their UTAU embody that concept. For example, if I were to take one of my already existing UTAUs and were to fit him to the theme. I would have to re-vamp the design completely, and I don't think that's entirely fair (especially to my artist, who worked so hard at designing him xD)
To have a theme like zombie apocalypse, it's much to scenario-based to really suit a design structure. Sure, you can tear up the clothes, but how obvious is the theme going to be? It might just seem the UTAUs are injured, and how are the zombies going to be associated? (Without Fuko's help, of course.)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the few UTAU groups I know of don't have strong themes to base designs around...

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I didn't think of it like that..... I came up with my UTAU's designs on my own, so I guess I couldn't see it from someone's point of view who had their UTAU designed for them...
But I still think it would be fun to incorporate our official UTAUs into whatever theme we're doing.
But if everyone votes against that, it's fine, I guess. :3

HarazokiYuki

Momo's Minion
PurinPuff link said:
[quote author=ScandinavianSweetie link=topic=1708.msg13543#msg13543 date=1336433358]

You didn't come off rude to me; it's a valid question. :smile:

I think making UTAUs for the purpose of the group is a good idea, because I personally feel that in order to grasp a concept fully, one has to go that extra mile to have their UTAU embody that concept. For example, if I were to take one of my already existing UTAUs and were to fit him to the theme. I would have to re-vamp the design completely, and I don't think that's entirely fair (especially to my artist, who worked so hard at designing him xD)
To have a theme like zombie apocalypse, it's much to scenario-based to really suit a design structure. Sure, you can tear up the clothes, but how obvious is the theme going to be? It might just seem the UTAUs are injured, and how are the zombies going to be associated? (Without Fuko's help, of course.)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the few UTAU groups I know of don't have strong themes to base designs around...
[/quote]

I'd hate for this to become a debate and whatnot, but I think that if it took a long time to design the UTAU, then you shouldn't re-design it. But if a group were to do a specific theme like ours is, we should have maybe a choice for the re-design? Like, your UTAU looks very nice, the design is neat and the artist who drew that is very talented, but say they say they don't want to re-design it, that it was hard enough work as it is- we should be able to deal with it, but it wouldn't very fit a certain theme, such as Cyber and whatnot. I don't know if I make sense right now... Well, also, I think that we should be able to keep partially their original design, such as maybe the colour of the top or the design of the shirt. But...

I don't know. I think I'm starting to argue with myself, now....