I hate school.

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys! I know I've been really inactive recently, so I'll be telling why. Also I'm just letting you know I am busy 'til October 12 (first day of end-year exam) for some reasons.

1. UTAU-unrelated
- From Sep. 23 til 27, I can't be online 'coz I'll be away from home.
- From Sep. 27 onwards, it'll be 'intensive study sessions' at my school.

2. UTAU-related
- I'm making new reclists aimed at certain languages. Mainly working on a reclist that supports Spanish(mainly), Malay, Japanese and English because I'm going to record AOi with it soon. The reclist is called MultiList SMJE.
- After that, I'll make a modified version of VCCV English that'll reduce the Malaysian accent of my sister (I'll keep training her though, especially with the short vowels, diphthongs and consonants. Also, she can't voice act that well. Any suggestions on helping her keep her tone, pitch, character of voice etc. the same throughout the recording process?).
-Planning on making a Tamil+Malay reclist for my friend.
- Also still working on xtnd (recently modified the phonemes).
- I'm still researching the reclists used by Kevin Futarine STUDIO (French, especially. It seems like it misses some vowels and consonant clusters but what can I say? I'm not a native) and Czloidcheswaf respectively.

This isn't a true hiatus, I'll still can be seen around here at some points of the period, mainly at the SELENA thread.

P.S. I don't know what to tag this thread with.

Last edited:

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Hey! Umm... Just letting you guys know I had the exam date wrong (October 16 orz)
And also, I will not be on until the end year exam results are out (literally, EVERYTHING VOICE-SYNTH RELATED)(which means i cant change my name to aoɪnovp ;-; i wanted to change my name so badly). Here's why:

- I REALLY NEED TO FOCUS ON THE EXAMS. I been falling out of the 'genius yet not nerdy' zone and towards the other way around. I've started to receive complaints from my teachers via my parents about my academics and I realised MY HOBBY WAS THE REASON I'M WORSENING ;-;. Conditions turn worse if I don't reach the Top Five, or at least, Top 10 of... 200 people?! I can't be online 'til November 20(last day of school year).

-Also, recently the overusage of Internet raised the monthly bills to around... 300 ringgit I think? (circa 60 American bucks) and also electricity bill rising (mainly coz of my PC, at least that's what my mom said) leading to a set schedule my parents made to avoid me and my sis from overusing the Internet (curse you GST, curse you too Sir Jibby). Problem is, I can only use it in the morning and I sleep late (I school in the afternoon, mind you).

Long story told short, THIS IS A POSSIBLE, TRUE HIATUS UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER.

Sorry guys! It's just... urgh, life isn't taking my hardship seriously. I just can't balance school, relationships and my dear hobby well. Wish I could, tho *cries intensively deep insied heart*

I just ain't good with words now am I,

m(__)m

Till then.

Last edited:

JVウタウ

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hey! Umm... Just letting you guys know I had the exam date wrong (October 16 orz)
And also, I will not be on until the end year exam results are out (literally, EVERYTHING VOICE-SYNTH RELATED)(which means i cant change my name to aoɪnovp ;-; i wanted to change my name so badly). Here's why:

- I REALLY NEED TO FOCUS ON THE EXAMS. I been falling out of the 'genius yet not nerdy' zone and towards the other way around. I've started to receive complaints from my teachers via my parents about my academics and I realised MY HOBBY WAS THE REASON I'M WORSENING ;-;. Conditions turn worse if I don't reach the Top Five, or at least, Top 10 of... 200 people?! I can't be online 'til November 20(last day of school year).

-Also, recently the overusage of Internet raised the monthly bills to around... 300 ringgit I think? (circa 60 American bucks) and also electricity bill rising (mainly coz of my PC, at least that's what my mom said) leading to a set schedule my parents made to avoid me and my sis from overusing the Internet (curse you GST, curse you too Sir Jibby). Problem is, I can only use it in the morning and I sleep late (I school in the afternoon, mind you).

Long story told short, THIS IS A POSSIBLE, TRUE HIATUS UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER.

Sorry guys! It's just... urgh, life isn't taking my hardship seriously. I just can't balance school, relationships and my dear hobby well. Wish I could, tho *cries intensively deep insied heart*

I just ain't good with words now am I,

m(__)m

Till then.

Being an honor student, I feel this way too. Last year, I was the 4th best student in the batch, but the last quarter (which started after I got into UTAU) I fell into 8th out of around 300.
Now my grades are not really going the best way. On the bright side, I have the highest score in a recent Science examination at 109/120! But on the other hand... I got 30/55 in a recent Mathematics quiz, and 88/100 in a recent English one. Those three subjects all take up two units each, and are the major subjects. I'm not doing exactly well either in the others...
I really want to go back to being in Top 3 like I was in Elementary, and my parents are not pressuring me. Yet, there are three things I realized:
  • I was the one pressuring myself all along.
  • Now, because of where I got myself, people have high expectations of how someone like me should perform.
  • My hobby took time from what what supposed to be used for studying, because I begin to find more fulfillment in entering the independent vocal synthesizer music world than in studying.
The latter one is a problem, because although I love music, I really cling on to grades as a metric of one's diligence. While this may not be true as many people from guidance counselors to inspirational speakers have said over and over, while I do not find fulfillment in studying I indeed find fulfillment in achieving high grades and proving that I am one of the very top in class. But it is hard. We actually have another math exam tomorrow, but instead of studying I found myself listening to the following songs: Plus Boy, BREEZE, PartyXParty, World is Mine, Uta wa Utau Hito, and drafts of my own WIP original in seemingly endless cycles of repeat, all while reading articles on the next Megpoid release.

After my birthday passes on October 11, since major projects are passed by October 16 and the midterm examinations start on October 19 (thankfully the same date as the Miku Expo deadline which means there's a reason for me to finish ASAP so that by the time examinations start I can focus on them), I'm starting a hiatus of my own, and this one should last a good bit for weeks on end due to multiple things. After these examinations, I'm being sent to another city to compete in a national journalism competition, then I'll be part of the technical staff of yet another school play, which I was put in just after finishing acting as a major character in another play, which I got the role of after finishing my stint as a technical staff person in the play before that. (What is this, drama school? XD)

So what's the point of me spilling out my life story here? I want you to know, AOi, that you're not alone, and there are people like you in at least some sense, and even those who aren't can understand if you want to take some time off. In the end, everyone i hope is here to partake in a wonderful hobby, because they want to have fun, and no one has the right to pressure someone into staying. So, there really is no need to go all "gomen, gomen, gomenasaiiiii" around XD Have a good hiatus, and wish me luck for mine as well.