How to record utau Chinese

Aika

Teto's Territory
Can someone teach me how to record a Chinese utau because my reclist is like this
Screenshot_20210729_034024.jpg

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Where did you get this reclist from? Are you able to find any existing voicebanks using the same reclist? You can use those for reference.

Aika

Teto's Territory
Its hard to look for Chinese reclist I can't find the one I know how to record so I use this instead (although I don't use this kind of reclist before)
Where did you get this reclist from? Are you able to find any existing voicebanks using the same reclist? You can use those for reference.

dead_byte

Momo's Minion
What's confusing about it exactly? I don't mean to sound condescending or anything, but it looks rather straightforward to me.

Are you asking about Chinese pronunciation? Or is it the [_ai_q], [_ai_j], [_ai_x] type of samples throwing you off?

If the latter, it looks to me like the reclist was generated from a VOICE-MiTH voicebank ( specifically Xia Yu Yao, OSCAR, or JOAN ). In those voicebanks, many recorded samples where cut up into singular phoneme combinations, so many VC combinations ended up like that. If you're determined to use this reclist, just pronounce any vowel after the consonant, since only the VC is needed anyways. Otherwise, I'd recommend CVVChinese. There are a lot more resources for it, and it makes more sense to read, and is generally better than VOICE-MiTH ( not that VOICE-MiTH is bad, CVVChinese just accounts for more sounds basically ), and of course, there's no official public recording scripts for VOICE-MiTH either since they're a professional company ( like I mentioned before, this one looks auto-generated from one of their voicebanks ). If you need a CVVChinese reclist, send me a DM. I'm willing to provide it, since they're mostly on baidu, which is very difficult for non-Chinese people to use.

Reactions: Namumi and Aika