How Do I Tune My UTAUloid?

Chaos Battery

Momo's Minion
I've been listening to a lot of UTAU covers by kyaami and all of them sound so realistic. I tried asking her how the makes UTAU sound so real, but she won't tell me. I would really love to know.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
...Did you really just try and PM Kyaami just asking "How do you tune!?"
Because that's frankly a tad presumptuous and rude.

She's rather busy at the moment, with a lot of things more important than UTAU/VOCALOID, so perhaps she has little time to explain or do a stream (she does those, by the way, I don't know if Nico saves them or not so I couldn't point you to them); so I will in her stead.

It's an art of listening and replicating. Try singing the song for yourself-- what do you do? Mind, this works better when you have had a little training in singing, but all the same... If you're not so good, you can look at a cover.

It's really hard to explain, since when you know, you KNOW. Mostly she makes a point of using four point pitchbends and strong, fast, natural vibrato in the right places.

I might do a stream later this week if I've got time, since this isn't very helpful because I'm rushing.

Chaos Battery

Momo's Minion
That was kind of helpful, but a bit hard to follow, so i'll be looking forward to the stream you where talking about. As for the PM, I didn't just bluntly ask "How do you tune?", it was more of "what are some pointers, or where can i find a tutorial?". I didn't know she had so much going on, i just figured she was ignoring me... But her being busy makes a lot more sense. Maybe she just didn't see it in the cluster of messages she get's from her fans. What website would you be doing the stream on? also, thank you for your help.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it got lost in her inbox or something also.

Regardless, I guess that solidifies the stream. I'll be doing it on livestream, sometime this week. What timezone are you in (so I know a good time)?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I'm Australian so I'm guessing that's USA Central Time? Anyway, I'll be streaming in a minute but I'm starting with Otoing, and I'll tune in about half an hour for as long as I can stand to.
I'll save the video in the case you can't make it.
Check this thread: http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=4690.0