H E L P

Uh69

Momo's Minion
So yeah I just started using Utau like a day ago- And I've already gotten pretty used to the english teto voicebank. (Although it is pretty difficult lol) Im trying to mess around with it a bit and I want to get it so say the word "my" but im having trouble figuring out what I need to type in for it to pronounce it right. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

dead_byte

Momo's Minion
my = [maI] ( without the brackets )
Keep in mind that for diphthongs, there must always be a transitional diphone following it.

For example, "My turn" would be parsed like so

[- maI] [aI t] [t3] [3 n-]

Adding the "aI t" allows the vowel to finish, whereas without it, it will just sound like "ma".

Let's try another example. Assume you have the word "my" at the end of a phrase. Let's pretend the phrase is "In my" with no word words surrounding them and the whole phrase being in-between rests; that would be parsed like this

[- I] [I n] [maI] [aI -]

In Delta English ( which is the format that Teto uses ), [-] represents silence. You would use it like [- CV], [- CC], or [- V] in a note following a rest, and [V -], [V C-], or [C C-] preceding a rest. ( "V" represents a vowel sound, not to be confused with the actual "V" phoneme in Teto's voicebank, and "C" represents a consonant sound ). Thus is why you start the phrase with [- I] and end it with [aI -]. [aI -] allows the vowel in "my" to be articulated to completion, otherwise, again, it will just sound like "ma".

Let's try two last examples. Let's pretend the phrase is "My hand". Teto's version of Delta English includes triphonic "h" sounds, so phrases involving "h" will be parsed a little differently. In this case, it would be

[- maI] [aI h{] [{ n] [n d-]

Instead of writing [aI h], Teto's voicebank is made so that you skip that, and instead write it as [aI h{]. This goes for pretty much every instance of "h" following a vowel, it will always look like [V hV].

Last example. Let's use "My aim" as the phrase. It will be parsed like this

[- maI][aI eI][eI m-]

Since "my" ends with a vowel sound, and "aim" begins with one, there is no transition between them like with a consonant, so like with "h", it transitions directly from the first vowel to the second, formatted as [V V]. This is the same for all Vowel-Vowel combinations.

I hope this was helpful and clarified some things.

Reactions: Kiyoteru