【Glucagon / グルカゴン】 Hop! Step! Instant Death! A Happiness Dance Death-Trap 【UTAU Cover】

iXari3l

Momo's Minion

This was one of the first covers I ever made with Gluca, but I took down the old cover long ago. So I have decided to show I have improved. At least a bit. The difference is mostly in the tuning, haha. I'm not very good at mixing but I tried my best! I hope it's noticeable that the "alive" part was made with specific phonemes (a, la, i, vu, respectively) and that some "su" that sound only like "s" were manually edited too.

Fun fact, a stranger commented in that specific cover that I might need to check his oto. This was back when Glucagon was first ever released. I had absolutely no idea of what an oto is. So that stranger helped me with discovering something that for some reason wasn't in the tutorial I used back then. I will forever be thankful to that stranger.

Glucagon is my UTAU, he has a growl append included in his voicebank. I love how you don't really need any kind of external edition for the growls to work, just use the V suffix, adjust BRE and it's done!
All the growling is made inside the UTAU program alone. The only effect that exists is reeverb and is added through the mixing.

The video edition gave me some problems, spent a whole afternoon on it because I wanted to try AviUTL. It was constanly destroying my audio and the UTAUview didn't work, so I had to use another MIDI viewer that I found online (ALMAMPlayer, it's cute but it took a bit) and make my way around AviUTL, then go into Vegas to fix the audio issues and add the text.

Credits​

Original Song: Utata-P
Translation: descentsubs
UST: EchoBlossom123
Tuning, Mixing, Video: Nexys4t
Glucagon Artwork: Fractured Hope Co.
Background: Nexys4t
Singer: Glucagon (グルカゴン) (made by Nexys4t & NaiveDesla)