Galaco's pre-death

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well hello everybody, I wanted to hold this thread because yesterday night (nearly same hour) like most of us, I've discovered that Galaco would be definitively deactivated from all computers on Halloween 2013.​

(Yes picture is mine but it was 1:00am when I was half-way so don't point out how off anatomy and high-angle shot are, I'm aware of it)

Ok, I know that some won't regret her because of "LQ" she is and blablabla (though a few VBs got problems too and that even the most HQ can sound like total crap if used badly)... However, don't you think it's unfair to see one voicebank doomed to disappear ? While other Vocaloids (especially Kagamine's Act1) got at least the chance to be updated (though not all since V1 Engloids are neither) ? And more precisely, to remove a GIFT people worked hard for ? And who did their best into order to win her ?

Then, I wished something which may sound silly, egoistical and utopical... I would like to see a "Save Galaco Campaign"... With making covers or even originals, putting all of our hearts in it to show we care for her... To show her abilities, because yes, she has some easiness with languages for example, while other Vocaloids might need more edits to pronounce those said languages... And that she has the same right as other Vocaloids to exist, no matter if she was rushed or if she is a free Vocaloid gift.... And keeping on defending her.... Hoping Yamaha will pay attention to it and make them overtune their decision... Yes, forgive my naïveté please.

We also need to defend her because -and it's my case and I'm not the only one- amongst winners, a part of them have Galaco as their first real Vocaloid (after having used V3 trials or having collaborated with people who could render the vocals with the V3 they own/owned).
And probably their only one. I can also add the fact thatif it's for money, then they don't erally choose the right option because they'll be prepared to an amount of Polkaloid (I love that censored version of the name) and other illegal material, and THIS can really make them having no more money.

So well, if you are interested in it, then spread the word wider.

P-S : Sorry for my English souding off, but I'm quite exhausted çwç So don't worry if I've made huge awful mistakes

Edit (22/04/13): Journal entry in favour of Galaco-chan + another new concerning UO this time

Re-Edit (15/08/13): Guys, Galaco is safe now ! =D

http://utaforum.net/thread-so-galaco-won-t-be-deleted-after-all

↑ Here more informations ↑

As soon as I learnt about it, I was the happiest person ever on Earth ♥

On both threads, we will put on news as soon as they get more precise. Anyway, thanks everyone for the support ! On a light note, I'm nearly done with one of the originals I've planned to make using Gala' n_n​

Slowbroking1

Teto's Territory
that was beautiful ;A;
Sadly, I do not own galaco myself, but i really do hope people who do have her do something about it.
Even though there are issues with her, i don't think any vocaloid should be killed like this ;_;

Mrs.Peach

Married Sugar Mama
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Despite how low quality her Voicebank is, I still love her. She is my first Vocaloid and I worked my butt off for her. I will be disappointed when/if she does die.

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I didn't even know about this! :O
Sadly, I don't have Galaco... but I guess I could make some pictures with her. Anything to help, yeah?

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yep, pictures, originals, covers, poems.... Everything made by both owners and non-owners is welcomed !

Also gotta add my journal entry in the original post as 50% of it concerns Galaco (the other half concerns UO's come back)

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Poor Galaco. I wonder why Yamaha only intended for her to be released as a prize for a year? Perhaps they want her to deactivated, therefor opening the door for a physical product to be sold? Yamaha is an enigma.

shadoouge

Momo's Minion
Wheres the official post for this? >A> and how could she be deactivated if she's installed into our computers? I think this is false information.I'm one of the winners of galaco. The date is the last date to activate your copy of galaco in case you got the email and couldn't download galaco at the time. That just means you woun't be able to download her from the special site with the code they gave you. I seriously doubt anyone's gonna remove her :annoyed:

marshmellowguy

Teto's Territory
Supporter
shadoouge said:
Wheres the official post for this? >A> and how could she be deactivated if she's installed into our computers? I think this is false information.I'm one of the winners of galaco. The date is the last date to activate your copy of galaco in case you got the email and couldn't download galaco at the time. That just means you woun't be able to download her from the special site with the code they gave you. I seriously doubt anyone's gonna remove her :annoyed:

the information is correct, Yamaha themselves released a statement. http://www.vocaloid.com/news/products/vocaloid3_library_galaco.html They say you can email them and have your galaco extended up to the lastest, October. Their policy on email though is that they only accept and respond if the email is in Japanese. Unless you can communicate perfectly in Japanese I would suggest you start planning on losing your copy of Galaco. :3 Sorry for all the trouble. I'm just sent them an email and hopefully will have my new serial code sent soon. :3

AlphaUtau

Teto's Territory
Talk about a real Halloween. Damn, this is so stupid. I discovered Galaco the day she was announced, and since then I did everything to get her VB. This is just...

A

Adlez

Maybe we could make a petition thing, because I'd like to help save Galaco but I never finish any songs/art/etc. I don't know how well that would work, though.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok people, someone has launched a petition on Change.org :

http://www.change.org/petitions/don-t-kill-galaco-stop-the-galaco-s-desactivation

^I already signed it moments ago, so don't hesitate to sign and spread

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
With supporters like "Hola estas" and "fggdeedh rhdfhdhn" I'm sure Yamaha will listen!

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It's better than random weeaboos making fake marriage to be well-liked and who throw up their bitterness everytime they come =)

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
Just incase nobody know's, she's getting an update, with a cover using the bank already made ( It's on Nico, i'm sorry I don't remember the link or name ;//; )

Galaco users are advised to keep their product key. ( Galaco contest winners will probably receive a discount if they decide to sell Galco's updated bank )

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
o.o So then, that would mean in case it's only for Galaco owners, we'll keep our most recent product key -and it'll work, and in case she's sold, the winners will get her cheaper ?

And Light, someone let the link in this thread : http://utaforum.net/thread-so-galaco-won-t-be-deleted-after-all

Also, I'm gonna edit my first post and add that thread's link