Envelope Overlap Pre-Utterance Plugin

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Does anybody know a plugin to manipulate overlap and pre-utterance directly on the piano roll? Right now I have to right click on the note, go to properties, and edit the overlap and pre-utterance value. Then I can reset the envelope to the new overlap and pre-utterance value. This is tedious (︶^︶)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
By default, notes will use the preutterance and overlap values from the voicebank's OTO. You can edit this from Tools > Voicebank settings or with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+G.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
By default, notes will use the preutterance and overlap values from the voicebank's OTO. You can edit this from Tools > Voicebank settings or with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+G.

Yes, but I want to set the overlap and pre-utterance value per note, that's why I wonder if there's a plugin that let me do this easily...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
May I know why you need to do this? Generally, after the OTO is properly configured, you only need to clear the per-note parameters and crossfade the notes. If you're regularly editing the per-note parameters this may be a sign that you should edit the default parameters in the OTO to avoid repeating yourself.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Sure! Here's what I do:

Transitions.jpg

There are 2 notes, "a" and "i". On picture number 1, the note "i" has its default pre-utterance and overlap value, which is 50.
Then on picture number 2, I changed the "i" pre-utterance to 200 and the overlap to 400.
Then on picture number 3, I set the crossfade using P2P3.

And finally, I got a smooth transition from "a" to "i"! The thing is, I don't always want to do this, or if the notes are shorter, I want to use pre-utterance 100 and overlap 200. Or if the notes are very long, I'd use pre-utterance 500 and overlap 1000. That's why I don't want to change the Oto, I want to modify these values per note.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can duplicate the line in the OTO and alias it something like [* i] then set alternative preutterance and overlap values. That way, you can easily choose between the version with a small overlap and the one with a large overlap just by editing the lyrics.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You can duplicate the line in the OTO and alias it something like [* i] then set alternative preutterance and overlap values. That way, you can easily choose between the version with a small overlap and the one with a large overlap just by editing the lyrics.

Oh, I see, never thought of that before. Thanks for the suggestion!