Do you think there should be a tutorial on mixing ?

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
I mean there is lots of tutorials for everything how to oto, how to do vccv , how to use flags , how to tune just a few examples but I noticed there isn't really anything like how to mix. every time I see one of kyaami's coversI see comments like teach me master/senpai or other popular utau users how did they learn how to mix like that ?

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I've actually recorded a tutorial but haven't had the time to edit and release it ; v ;
I've learned from the wonderful world of google, as well as from people who deal with music on a daily basis and know their way around a simple cover. Depending on how you learn, it can be quick and easy, or painful and long.

For now I'd suggest looking up useful programs if you don't have them already. They can be a bit pricey as well, these programs include, Reaper, FL Studio, however, not audacity.

Reactions: Agentzap0

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
There are mixing tutorials for vocals, but there are little to none that focus specificly on UTAU vocals. The reason why is probobly that the differance between those two aren't that big. UTAU vocals only have a little egine noice, but thats about it.
So, a great way to start is looking up how to mix vocals in general for the program youre using. If you only have audacity I suggest to do as @Alice Himora~ suggest, and play around with different mixers til you find one you feel satisfied with.

As for the part of "should there be a tutorial for mixing" I would say yes if it states it focuses on UTAU vocals. I bellive that that way alot of other users who are having a hard time finding mixing tutorials for the program will find it and learn a few neat tips and tricks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitcat190

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To be honest I think you just need to follow a regular vocal mixing tutorial. However, some steps you can really just skip. If you don't edit the envelopes in UTAU, everything will be the same volume, so you don't need to compress. Also, since it's not a human singer, you don't need to autotune the pitch, and you don't need to remove breathing sounds.

Cdra posted a guide about equalization here.
http://utaforum.net/resources/mixing-tutorial-equalization.48/

I'llSeeU-P also wrote a post for Engloids.info about mixing vocaloid, but its still about vocalsynth.
http://engloids.info/column/elementary-mixing-tips-vocaloid-vocals/