Designing Rough Draft

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
Please excuse my sloppy sketch haha I just wanted to get the design down and not worry so much on making clean lines and details. I just want to know what some of you think of my design. I had a design a few months back and actually made the UTAU voice bank, but I lost interest as school was drawing to a close, and I gave up on making the voicebank better. So hopefully I will pick up on this again and start fresh. And even if I don't make this into an UTAU, I'd be very happy to help design UTAUs for people :uhuhu:

9th2kw.jpg

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
First of all, you have a nice art style, and this design is very cute. I love the idea of having the speaker as a hair accessory too, and the color scheme is nice, too.

Only suggestions I have is that since there are other UTAU's with similar names, (i.e Maya) you might want to change that. Also, maybe you should play around with the hairstyle a bit, it looks a tad generic IMO. I would have her hair up or something, personally.

Other than that, I like it a lot!

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
Yeah the name I will definitely change up, that was just something quick I thought of. I personally like the generic hair because I don't like too many details to keep the viewer distracted from the main design, but I'll consider something else. Thank you!

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
what a cutie ^o^ It's difficult to get a design across with monochrome, but gosh darn you did it. My major concern was the huge number of different things that are going on, but the frills on the picture to the left look much more together. Other than that, the grey sweater seems out of place. So does the lemur. I'm thinking that if the lemur had some visual resembelence or callback to something on her outfit already, it'd seem less like a non-sequiter.

I really admire this design. Lots of all-over-the-place details, but the overall look is good. She's so cute ;o; She looks like she's ready for ADVENTURE. Well, okay, maybe not adventure. Not in those heels, and she's got an introverted sort of look. But with those accessories, and with a good attitude, I get the feeling that she leads an exciting existence XD

cosumiku

Teto's Territory
Wow, thank you! Yeah I agree with the lemur the more I look at it, I think I'll end up taking that out. And I guess I'll play around with the sweater and see if something else fits better! Thanks again! :'D