Crossfade doesn't apply, A La Carte error on Mode2.

Eglaios

Momo's Minion
Specs :
-Win 10 64b
-Correctly set native to JP
-UTAU v0.4.18e, downloaded on http://utau2008.xrea.jp/

For some reason, crossfade doesn't apply to any note excepted the default character ("a"), neither to other kanjis.

On image : I applied crossfade [Crossfade built-in tool] to link the 2 notes at right, then tried the same manipulation on the left. Only this default character seems to be affected by Crossfade tool somehow.
crossfade.PNG
(This is Kikyuune Aiko JP-EN)

Furthermore, if I happen to use A La Carte while in mode 2, this happens :
-Before applying :
BeforeALC.PNG

-After applying :
After ALC.PNG

Are these known issues? What would I need to fix them?

Thanks!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU's built in crossfade tool is meant for editing the note parameters of vowel notes, in case the OTO isn't set up for smooth crossfades already. Normally you'd simply crossfade all notes by pressing either the P1P4 or P2P3 buttons.

Reactions: Halo

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
What were your a la carte settings when you got the error?
I've used a la carte in mode 2 before and never seen that error.
Nowadays I use the crossfade buttons and pitch control (right click notes > pitch).

Eglaios

Momo's Minion
What were your a la carte settings when you got the error?
I've used a la carte in mode 2 before and never seen that error.
Nowadays I use the crossfade buttons and pitch control (right click notes > pitch).
I think that's more only about Mode2...
The error happens in fact only when "~" is on. If I disable "~" then, Mode2 looks fine.

...So I managed to apply A La Carte on mode 2 as ~ was disabled, but while it was supposed to result into a portamento from F4 to G4, the second half of the F4 went up at ~C#6, then fell back on the G4, so I assume I definitely have a problem here...

Last edited:

Eglaios

Momo's Minion
I just found the crossfade tool had a "target" criteria, and there were only 5 kanji in it, including the default one. Finally, I just have to set the targets I want and it works just fine
I guess I'll give up on A La Carte and mode 2 stuff, it should still be enough

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I think I have your solution to this problem! as I ran into a simmilar error today, turns out I forgot to change my format settings back to Japanese. You can keep it in your language if you need it, just go to the advanced/more settings in the format tab and change the decimalsymbol from a comma to a dot(.).
you find the format tab by going to control panel -> clock & region -> region.