Creating a Youtube channel for Utau originals

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Now I know there are probably tons of these already in existence, but I'm working on a Youtube channel that will be specifically for Utau originals, with an emphasis on English (if any english songs roll in that is). The way it would work is you would just submit your song to me and I'd upload it to the channel (with links to your channel/social of course). Over time, it could become a nice collection of original Utau music, as well as a good promotional platform if enough people subscribe. Tell me your thoughts!

EDIT: Here's a link to the channel, it's blank right now but I'll finish it soon.

EDIT 2: The channel is up and ready. If you want to submit a song, please check this thread.

Last edited:

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is a good idea! You could make it so that only subscribers can submit things and then it'd start spreading fast I think? Probably... But I think this is a good idea because I think most channels like this have been abandoned or only covers ect

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
The idea seems promising, however, my largest concern is with proper accreditation and memorability of featured artists. Will people remember the artist or focus more on the UTAU used, as was the case with many a works utilizing Vocaloid? Not so much as a legitimate concern with the concept, but as a personal issue. One thing I find appealing is the lack of copyright error, as you will be taking submissions, and since the artist gave consent, there wouldn't be much drama over permissions.

Diongoespew!

eldritch horror
Defender of Defoko
looks really cool ! will you be updating this thread as more info about the project surfaces?

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
This is a good idea! You could make it so that only subscribers can submit things and then it'd start spreading fast I think? Probably... But I think this is a good idea because I think most channels like this have been abandoned or only covers ect
I think that's a good idea to gain more subscribers, bit I don't know if that would drive away some producers so I might not make that a requirement.
The idea seems promising, however, my largest concern is with proper accreditation and memorability of featured artists. Will people remember the artist or focus more on the UTAU used, as was the case with many a works utilizing Vocaloid? Not so much as a legitimate concern with the concept, but as a personal issue. One thing I find appealing is the lack of copyright error, as you will be taking submissions, and since the artist gave consent, there wouldn't be much drama over permissions.
I don't see why the artist wouldn't get recognition. The video title format will more than likely be Artist - Songname [UTAU], and would have links to the original artist's youtube and social media.
looks really cool ! will you be updating this thread as more info about the project surfaces?
Definately! I'll edit the post when something major happens. I'm going to make some header art for the channel as soon as i get home to my tablet.

nui

sleepy
Defender of Defoko
I don't see why the artist wouldn't get recognition. The video title format will more than likely be Artist - Songname [UTAU], and would have links to the original artist's youtube and social media.
Ah, my previous post was a bit of a needless statement on my end, but I was lazy and decided to just leave it in there without it actually tieing in to a legitimate concern. My apologies.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I've got the channel up and ready. I'm working on a template for upload visualizations. Here's what I got so far:
upload_2016-1-6_20-19-36.png

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
will this be a stand-in for originals without a PV or does it encompass all songs submitted regardless of whether or not they have a premade video to accommodate them?
If a song has a music video I will probably use it. Otherwise I will overlay this visualizer on static art (art that goes with the song if available).

bearhack

Disciple of Aoede
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well considering that you've already got this rolling it seems... How are you going to take submissions? If you're looking for an English original, you can post my song Patronize using Jayden, credit me (bearhack145) and my main YT channel is under Nigel145 but I haven't made a video to post there yet because I don't have any static art of Jayden. Let me know how you want to work this exactly.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Well considering that you've already got this rolling it seems... How are you going to take submissions? If you're looking for an English original, you can post my song Patronize using Jayden, credit me (bearhack145) and my main YT channel is under Nigel145 but I haven't made a video to post there yet because I don't have any static art of Jayden. Let me know how you want to work this exactly.
If you want to submit a song, I have instructions in this thread.