Best way to get your Utau noticed ?

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
So far I've made covers on sound cloud and YouTube and even share on google+ Utau community and don't ever get comments or likes is my Utau just not interesting ?

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Awww, I'm sure that's not it. There are a lot of UTAU in the fandom. Some have been here for years and people just know them by now and they've become the go to banks in a way. So when new UTAU come along it can be a daunting task getting others to listen to them. But it's not impossible!! And of course it's going to take some time and falls on to your shoulders to do most of the work as the UTAU's owner. Some of my tips would be:

• It helps to have friends in the community and then use each others UTAU because then other people besides yourself get to use and see your UTAU in action. And someone might discover something about using your UTAU that you don't know!! I know my friends have a habit of making Iris sound way more fabulous than I can get her to sound xD
  • OOOR Surprise people by using their UTAU. You can even use your UTAU together with theirs duets and choruses are always fun. Karma is an amazing thing and chances are you could become friends with that person in the end. Who knows?
  • This is probably going to sound kinda low to some people...or something I dunno...but you could also use your UTAU to release USTs. Then more people would come to the video and as a hopeful result listen to your UTAU and like them. Honestly, who knows where I'd be if I hadn't made that Hello/How are you UST all those years ago...it sounds shady but it's true.
  • Sign up for group projects and choruses. When people call for UTAUs...put yours out there. Even if the project falls through? You never know who might be clicking through for voices to use.
  • Same thing with free art requests honestly. Sometimes artwork pops up on my tumblr or dA feed and I'm compelled to look up the voice as well haha
  • Join social media sites. There's a pretty hefty amount of users on tumblr and twitter. Share your stuff there too!!
  • Don't give up ;; No one was born known or famous...well...no one here anyway as far as I'm concerned. We all worked hard and kept going even when we felt like we weren't getting anywhere. Even when we felt like quitting or deleting our voicebanks because no one was noticing. We took deep breaths, or maybe even a small break, and kept going ;; So you shouldn't give up either!! Patience and diligence friend!
Now, also, I'm not saying to use people or to trick people when it comes to making friends and USTs....be honest and kind in your work and in the UTAU you use. Don't just use someone's UTAU because they're popular and you wanna get in with their circle of buddies. Use their UTAU because you genuinely like the voice. Make USTs of songs you actually want to cover so you know it'll sound good and put the hard work into it. And overall good luck and have fun~ I'm sure you'll get there!!! ouo