All recordings in OREMO sound odd

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Too far away from the mic. Are you 100% certain your headset was getting picked up by OREMO and it wasn't defaulting to your inbuilt? You should be able to check this in Option > Audio I/O Settings

I had an incident when I was younger where I recorded a whole VB with my inbuilt mic on accident, so now I always quickly test what mic is being used by breathing into, moving, or scratching around the head of the intended mic-- if you do that it should be super loud and even garbled; if it isn't it's quite probably not using that mic and its worth double checking. This is harder but not impossible with the inbuilt and headset.

MoriMoriMori

Momo's Minion
Too far away from the mic. Are you 100% certain your headset was getting picked up by OREMO and it wasn't defaulting to your inbuilt? You should be able to check this in Option > Audio I/O Settings

I had an incident when I was younger where I recorded a whole VB with my inbuilt mic on accident, so now I always quickly test what mic is being used by breathing into, moving, or scratching around the head of the intended mic-- if you do that it should be super loud and even garbled; if it isn't it's quite probably not using that mic and its worth double checking. This is harder but not impossible with the inbuilt and headset.
I finally figured out a good system for recording, My on-board mic is next to my webcam so I just get near my monitor and sing kind of loudly. It also worked with my headset but it was easier with the laptop mic.
Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Halo