What's the difference between Diffsinger and Openutau?

kokosagina

Momo's Minion
I won't lie - I haven't been keeping up with the tech news for years (not that in the past I knew that much anyway). Lately I found myself listening to Diffsinger covers and I vaugely understood it was some sort of alternative to openutau, deepvocal and such. But apparently I was wrong because all tutorials regarding Diffsinger just tell you to download openuatu? I literally couldn't find a single tutorial that would tell you to instal diffsinger from it's original github page, they just tell you to install a fork of openutau (which to my understanding is like a modified version of openutau)

I have no clue what I'm doing gang. You'd think if diffsinger refer to installing openutau then those should be the same - but form the covers I stumbled upon they sound completely diffrent. I know it depends on the person tuning and the voicebank and such but there's a drastic difference so they can't be the same...

Explain it to me like I'm five

Berrweary

Momo's Minion
diffsinger is like an AI voice bank data base thingy, you have to train a voice model using diffsinger or NNSVS (its complicated) then once you have the model ready put it in open utau and select the phonemizer to diffsinger
so basically diffsinger is Utaus version of AI voice banks or something like that

(i have no idea how to explain this)