Voicebank I made crashing in UTAU during 'loading process' of UST

tomoki

Momo's Minion
I'm a total newbie to creating utau vociebanks, and recently I slapped together a CV voice bank in OREMO. At first I used it to sound out a few syllables in the program, and it worked just fine. But when I used it to sing an UST, It loads for a few seconds before utau ultimately crashes. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the OTO or my recordings, so I can't exactly pinpoint what the problem is. If you can help, please do! :bigtears:

I attatched a recording of the issue:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Where is the entire UTAU folder located? Make sure it's not in Program Files.

Reactions: Halo

tomoki

Momo's Minion
Where is the entire UTAU folder located? Make sure it's not in Program Files.
ooooof it actually is. My utau folder is located in 'Program Files (x86)'. If if not there then where should it be located?

tomoki

Momo's Minion
It seems like when I put it anywhere except 'program files x86', whenever i want to use a UST it shows some screen instead of the tab for selecting which voicebank i want to use. But when I put it back into that folder, the UST responds and works just fine. For example, I put the utau folder in desktop and it shows this when I selected a UST:

Last edited:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
It seems like when I put it anywhere except 'program files x86', whenever i want to use a UST it shows some screen instead of the tab for selecting which voicebank i want to use. But when I put it back into that folder, the UST responds and works just fine. For example, I put the utau folder in desktop and it shows this when I selected a UST:

You have to extract USTs to their own folder, you can't use them from an archived (.zip or .rar) file. In this screen recording you're essentially previewing them.
Also just a heads up that there's meant to be a black window that shows up when using a proper resampler. For some reason in the first vid you're using resampler.dll, and for various reasons you should avoid that (but that's secondary to getting UTAU to work at all haha)

Reactions: tomoki

tomoki

Momo's Minion
Ok, turns out I was a complete idiot who didn't know how to work utau correctly. I extracted my ust files to their own folders, downloaded another resampler, and sure enough the UST and my voicebank worked perfectly. It showed the black window while processing, which I was wondering why I didn't have when I saw other people use utau. I also found out that I was opening USTs the wrong way, by just opening them in files. When I open them in the UTAU program however, they work. Anyway, thank you both for your help, and excuse me for my stupidity. :uhuhu: It was really essential for me to work on creating an actual voicebank of my own.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Perfectly fine, and not stupid. Gotta learn how to use the program some way, right? Have fun! :creepy:

Reactions: tomoki