VCV Voicebank is actin up !!!!

fussyfangz

Momo's Minion
Pls help,. this is the deal: i recorded a VCV VB, I made a base oto.ini with moresampler,. and,. it just,. doesn't work. Some phonemes do make sound but most of them aren't,.! some of them even make a completely different sound from what it should be. !!! i tried fixing it, cuz the moresampler thing was only to use it as a base, but it doesn't really let me for some reason?? idk if the issue is clear or if this makes sense at all but Help
EDIT: yes, I've tried using different resamplers and wavtools,. and I have changed the phonemes that weren't recognized by the thingy,. but it doesn't work no matter what !!!!! /lh

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Pls help,. this is the deal: i recorded a VCV VB, I made a base oto.ini with moresampler,. and,. it just,. doesn't work. Some phonemes do make sound but most of them aren't,.! some of them even make a completely different sound from what it should be. !!! i tried fixing it, cuz the moresampler thing was only to use it as a base, but it doesn't really let me for some reason?? idk if the issue is clear or if this makes sense at all but Help
EDIT: yes, I've tried using different resamplers and wavtools,. and I have changed the phonemes that weren't recognized by the thingy,. but it doesn't work no matter what !!!!! /lh
Can you send a screenshot of what the current configuration looks like?
If you're unable to edit the oto.ini, it might be because your voicebank is in Program Files. If it is, try moving it to Downloads/Documents. If it isn't, I'm not sure what could be causing that paricular issue :sad:

Gehenna

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello!
Moresampler is good for a base, but doesn't always configure things correctly. Usually, you have to manually edit some samples (Tools > Voicebank Settings) or (CTRL + G) on the note you would like to edit / correct.
It would be super useful if you took a few screenshots though! :smile: Thank you~

fussyfangz

Momo's Minion
@vlbonnie I will try to move everything to documents!! but the editing issue has not happened to me with the other vb I've made (which are CVVC and CV).
The configuration looks normal *i think*
1621116058500.png
However, the recordings i can edit (because i can edit some, but not all) look like this
1621116182275.png
While the ones that dont work or i cannot edit look like this (and i can't play them)
1621116228912.png
hope the ss shine some light on what the issue is but!! i'll try moving utau first -- otherwise i'll just have to edit the oto from scratch qwq

Reactions: Gehenna

Gehenna

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@vlbonnie I will try to move everything to documents!! but the editing issue has not happened to me with the other vb I've made (which are CVVC and CV).
The configuration looks normal *i think*
View attachment 10300
However, the recordings i can edit (because i can edit some, but not all) look like this
View attachment 10301
While the ones that dont work or i cannot edit look like this (and i can't play them)
View attachment 10302
hope the ss shine some light on what the issue is but!! i'll try moving utau first -- otherwise i'll just have to edit the oto from scratch qwq
It seems some of the files have become corrupted, or they're in the wrong format for UTAU to read. Are you able to port them into audacity at all?

fussyfangz

Momo's Minion
It seems some of the files have become corrupted, or they're in the wrong format for UTAU to read. Are you able to port them into audacity at all?
Yep! And they look fine there , which is mostly why i'm confused
this is the one from the corrupted example i gave !! it looks and it sounds normal outside UTAU 1621117095955.png

Reactions: Gehenna

Gehenna

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yep! And they look fine there , which is mostly why i'm confused
this is the one from the corrupted example i gave !! it looks and it sounds normal outside UTAU View attachment 10304
I'd recommend trying to re-export it, the issue is most likely one of the following;
1. Wrong file (it has to be a .wav)
2. Wrong bitrate (It must be 32-bit float)
3. Wrong Hz (44100Hz)

You can change this in Audacity by clicking the top-down menu next to the name of the file. Hope this helps!