Romanian voicebank?

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Is it worth to create a Romanian voicebank? I mean sould i bother for it. I made a reclist, but there is a lot to work on and I want to know if it is worth or/and if there will be pople intrested in using, making or helping me make it real.

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd love to hear a Romanian UTAU! I don't know any Romanian, but I think it would still be fun to make a Romanian UTAUloid sing.
You should go for it, even if it might take a while~

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I believe if you really want to see it happen, it's worth it. :smile: It's good to make stuff keeping other people in mind, but your main reason should be that you yourself want to see it happen. I don't know if you are aware of UTAU Crina and her Romanian voicebank? It should be proof that it exists and that it is possible! Maybe you should look to her Romanian voicebank as source of inspiration.
There will always be someone interested in your work, so don't worry about that. :smile:

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, you should create a Romanian bank because that's one more language that can be used in UTAU.

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I believe if you really want to see it happen, it's worth it. :smile: It's good to make stuff keeping other people in mind, but your main reason should be that you yourself want to see it happen. I don't know if you are aware of UTAU Crina and her Romanian voicebank? It should be proof that it exists and that it is possible! Maybe you should look to her Romanian voicebank as source of inspiration.
There will always be someone interested in your work, so don't worry about that. :smile:
I know about her Romanian bank. But it is a little bit hard to use and has a weird type of aliasses. I think I will start the recordings and I will see what will happen in the future.

Reactions: adriann

Aline

Teto's Territory
Nothing is unworthy if it's in the name of science. If you think you're going to have fun and develop a new, more efficient Romanian reclist, by all means, go ahead. Maybe Shiva may even use your reclist for future recordings.

But a friendly reminder: UTAU, due to being initially coded in ANSI, doesn't accept accents; you'll have to find a way to make these aliases work without using them.

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Nothing is unworthy if it's in the name of science. If you think you're going to have fun and develop a new, more efficient Romanian reclist, by all means, go ahead. Maybe Shiva may even use your reclist for future recordings.

But a friendly reminder: UTAU, due to being initially coded in ANSI, doesn't accept accents; you'll have to find a way to make these aliases work without using them.

I am using a hybrid phonetic system between Romanian phonetics and VOCALOID phonetics.

- First demo and demo voicebank download(with UST)

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when"!
UTAU should be expanded to all languages and it's the first few experimenters that make it happen.

Kiyohime

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think the excising reclist is already good, even for not natives. At least I understand Shiva her reclist. It is even more understandable than Dutch CVVC reclist and Dutch is my mother tongue. I think if you really want to make a new one, you should look for a VCV reclist. Cause I admit it could be sound more fluently.
That would be so damn cool!

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The thing with her reclist is that it's unstringed and does not contain CC combinations, niether final CC or final palatized "i". Also I find it hard to read...