Critique Requested Nostalogic KATAI

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello, how are you today? ^-^First I'll tell you how I like to analyze covers:

1 - Voicebank
Here I will analyze how your voicebank is, if it's well otoed, if sounds nice and if it has any recording/FRQ error that could be heard in the cover.

2 - Ust;
I will analyze if the ust sounds good, if the transitions and extra sounds like "breathnes" and "sh" are well sitted in the cover. If they sound displaced I will tell you.

3 - Tuning;
If you tunned your utau well, if the transition between the notes are clear and didn't make some notes sound out of place. If you add some effects using the tunimg.

4 - Mixing.
Here I will basically judge if your utau is well place im the mix, if the voice is strong and higher than the rest of the mix, but not too higher at a point that you can't heard the others instruments.

Extras:

5 - Dynamics;
If your vocal sing always at the same volume and if you can hear clearly the consonants sounds.

6 - Creativity.
Here I will judge if you edit something in the cover that makes it sounds different from the original work.

I will give you a note that can be something 1 until 5 stars:

:wink: (1 Star) - Bad, I don't like it!
:wink::wink: (2 stars) - Cool!
:wink::wink::wink: (3 stars) - God, this is how to do a cover!
:wink::wink::wink::wink: (4 stars) - Surely I will put this in my playlist!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: (5 stars) - Creative and wonderful, just perfect!

You have to understand too that I like utau covers that sounds like human. So more human it's better for me. Let's begin with the analysis.

1 - Voicebank

Ohh, I love her voice so much! She is deep like Meiko, but I preffer her timbre. It souns so nice, are you the voice provider? If so your voice is amazing. About FRQ errors and transitions I can't hear anything. They're hard to hear sometimes, but I really love the way that you otoed your oto and I can't hear any error.

Her voice is so good that just because the voicebank I loved your cover. Nice job if it's your.

2 - Ust

This ust is amazing. It fits so well and copy the original melody perfectly. I really loved how the ust worked with the VB. The breath at the beginning, the harmonies and the transitions seems good to me. I really liked them, it's high quality ust. If it was you that made the Ust you did a really nice job. (And ohh god, this ust with this voicebank is so good)

One thing that a really loved was how you used breaths. It's so perfect. I love it!

3 - Tunning

I like your tune, but it could be better. Don't get me wrong, the transitions between notes is so good and smooth. God, I really loved your trasitions. And the hight notes are so harmonic, I really liked the way how you did the pitchbend, 2:24 a 2:28 is an amazing example of this. I really loved this OoooOOOo! XD The trasitions are good too, it makes me feel like you know how to use the preutturance and overlap values.

But I wanted to see different effects. I really love when someone do vocal frys and other things. I remember that, in some point of your cover the voice seems to do a quick fry, but i didn't remember where. Anyway, your tunning is good enough and I like it.

4 - Mixing

I really don't know anything about Mixing, but I believe that your mix is good. The voice and the music melts perfectly although the voice doesn't sound too vivid for me, Idk, maybe you could let the voice stronger. Anyway, good job here!

Extras:

5 - Dynamics

I think you didn't do any dynamic change, or at last any expressive envelope edit. So I won't say nothing about it.

6 - Creativity

I think you could be more creative and change the original, but It isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And your note is...

:wink::wink::wink::wink:
(Surely I will put this in my playlist!)
I really liked your voice and your cover, it's better than the original, at least for me. Anyway, if you disagree or didn't like anything that I said in this post know that this is just my oppinion and it isn't necessarily a true. I really liked your cover although I wanted to see a different tunning. I loved your cover and hope you continue with this good work! ^^

See ya~ ^^

Reactions: Sheanna122

Sheanna122

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
...Are you the voice provider?

Yes, I am.

Where is the VB download link

KATAI's voicebank is limited release, mainly, this current voicebank has a lot of problems and I'd prefer to only give her to experienced UTAU users.

Private message me on here or add me on Discord if you're interested in KATAI's voicebank.

Also, thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it very much.
:smile: