How to make sure that VB that is encoded in hiragana on Mac works in Win?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok, those who don't know: I have Mac computer only (MacBook Pro, 2015 model in latest OS)

I started creating own VB in 2013 autumn and my first VB back then was CV VB in hiragana (あ.wav か.wav and so on) and was zipped with Mac build in "compress".

When I released that VB for a public, dozens of people who downloaded it told me that "VB doesn't work, all is mojibake - even with a right local settings". So, I really quick learned that Win users cannot use my UTAU if I encode file names in hiragana, so I started to encode all file names as romaji to make extra sure that anyone can use my UTAU but now in 2017 I want to get back in hiragana specially for VCV (I hate to use all the time same reclist over and over again and putting extra time/effort on writing oto files if I use different reclist... I wanna autogenerate oto too ><) but then this: the unsolved annoying problem....

So, my question are that:

- what heck causes this? Romaji encoding causes no problem but why must with Hiragana (and with Japanese text in general)?

- does used recording program (Audacity and OREMO's Mac native ver) cause this? Is this because I zip with a basic "compress" program and don't use 3rd party programs?

- is there a way that I can encoded Hiragana VB in a way that will work normally in Windows (no mojibake etc) but using Mac only?

Sorry if this question are answered multiple times on this forum but I have tried research by my own quite long with no results... ^^;

Thanks for reading!

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Oh, not sure since I dont use Mac, and other UTAU made on Mac seems not to give me problems...Well, here what I think could be the problem:

-The encoding could be the problem: I think for japanese you can use UTF-8, UTF-16, ANSI and ShiftJIS... Try switching ro one of those and see if the problem persists.

-I higly doubt it...^^' But if the mojibake only happens in your voicebank (like, it doesnt affect your Twitter which I can see perfectly on Windows) it may be a problem with one of them. But I still think it could be the encoding :P

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I had problems with a bank that I compressed to zip using the default compression, so I used Keka to compress it to 7z and the encoding problems were gone.

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I had problems with a bank that I compressed to zip using the default compression, so I used Keka to compress it to 7z and the encoding problems were gone.
(Keka? A program?) So, packing VB in to 7z instead zip will solve the issue, it is really that simple? :0
[doublepost=1489842947][/doublepost]When I get home, I will install that program and try it right away. I will ask also few friends to DL a test file to make it eeeextra sure that works

Reactions: Kiyoteru