How to design middle aged character?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have a plan to a remake a motherloid and I need some tips and advices how to make her "mother-looking" or at least "middle aged".

I think to set new motherloid's age around between 40-50(?) and I know that my mother voice is low and mature sounding for a women.

I don't know what kind of hair or clothes would fit on her. What kind of clothes makes her look grown adult? At least I know that no anything kawaii shoujo sparkling rainbow glittering nor super short skirt Aspecially I have no ideas with hair... ^^;

Any advices and ideas are welcome!

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I have a plan to a remake a motherloid and I need some tips and advices how to make her "mother-looking" or at least "middle aged".

I think to set new motherloid's age around between 40-50(?) and I know that my mother voice is low and mature sounding for a women.

I don't know what kind of hair or clothes would fit on her. What kind of clothes makes her look grown adult? At least I know that no anything kawaii shoujo sparkling rainbow glittering nor super short skirt Aspecially I have no ideas with hair... ^^;

Any advices and ideas are welcome!
Perhaps a hairstyle like a bun or relaxed hair? I'd think she'd be realistic and mature and would have a design/outfit reflecting this.

Her outfit could consist of a simple top with long or medium sleeves, and she could wear a pencil skirt of maybe knee-length...

Also I think she'd be busty xD

Reactions: Nohkara

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Maybe try to look up hairstyles and fashion from the time when she was a young adult.
Also, a lot of parents wear simple clothing but of course some of them are more extravagant. Basically, look at your parents :sing:

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Maybe try to look up hairstyles and fashion from the time when she was a young adult.
Also, a lot of parents wear simple clothing but of course some of them are more extravagant. Basically, look at your parents :sing:

My mom sadly isn't very fashionable person at all. Just wear random thinks and doesn't care much what she's wearing at all, so.... :"DD (I'm so clueless of actually/cool/ RL fashion TBH)

Nah, maybe simple clothes are good enough? Casual-ish?
[doublepost=1498328946][/doublepost]
Perhaps a hairstyle like a bun or relaxed hair? I'd think she'd be realistic and mature and would have a design/outfit reflecting this.

Her outfit could consist of a simple top with long or medium sleeves, and she could wear a pencil skirt of maybe knee-length...

Also I think she'd be busty xD
When I tried to sketch pretty realistic looking middle aged woman it looked like a grandma X"DD Lord, I'm too used to draw young characters only. Thank you for suggestion tho

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
My mom sadly isn't very fashionable person at all. Just wear random thinks and doesn't care much what she's wearing at all, so.... :"DD (I'm so clueless of actually/cool/ RL fashion TBH)

Nah, maybe simple clothes are good enough? Casual-ish?
[doublepost=1498328946][/doublepost]
When I tried to sketch pretty realistic looking middle aged woman it looked like a grandma X"DD Lord, I'm too used to draw young characters only. Thank you for suggestion tho
If your put her in very simple clothes, the design may end up a bit bland. You could alway accesorize with a stroller or a handbag full of toys or even with an actual toddler that she carries around. It could be cute to hear her sing to her child !

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Since your mother has the tendency to just wear stuff randomly, perhaps major contrast in colors and clothing size would help if you want to include her sense of fashion into the design. Tights and a cropped long-sleeve tee (or anything reflecting her view regarding modesty) is a good place to start. I'd agree with Melomad about looking up what she used to wear, too.

Also some middle-aged women tend to look 'bigger' (i.e. more boing around the chest-to-thigh area). Of course, not all of them are identical twins, though. idk rip anatomy???