How does one do a power/kire bank?

MintyR

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
oke, so as the title whould imply I need help making a power/kire bank but I dont know exactly how to do it >.< sooooooooooooo, I'm wondering if i should dl a kire bank and base my pitches off that and what bank to use >.< I struggle alot with power as my voice seems to have gotten weaker/softer over time ^^;

K

Kassandra

i recommend practicing singing until you're comfortable with belting/not hurting your throat. start with basic warm up exercises and water. definitely download some kire/power banks so you get the idea, but try not to overdo it. utau's not worth voice damage.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Well the short of it is, you record it the way you would record any other bank except shouting (in accordance with how powerful you want it).

Record the pitches you are comfortable with, rather than copy those of other more powerful banks.

Additionally, if you have trouble with shouting for long periods of time, I would recommend you not push your voice too hard as that can be quite painful, record as comfortably as you can, meaning only as loud as the best of your abilities and within your own range.

However, most people don't take that advice and scream their lungs off (and if I'm honest it usually sounds ok), so I suppose it's up to your discretion just be aware that it can be damaging to your throat :,>

It's also a good idea to drink water and take breaks

MintyR

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well the short of it is, you record it the way you would record any other bank except shouting (in accordance with how powerful you want it).

Record the pitches you are comfortable with, rather than copy those of other more powerful banks.

Additionally, if you have trouble with shouting for long periods of time, I would recommend you not push your voice too hard as that can be quite painful, record as comfortably as you can, meaning only as loud as the best of your abilities and within your own range.

However, most people don't take that advice and scream their lungs off (and if I'm honest it usually sounds ok), so I suppose it's up to your discretion just be aware that it can be damaging to your throat :,>

It's also a good idea to drink water and take breaks
oke will do and thanks for the advice

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
First, find your own vocal range, if you haven't already. Figure out your limitations on producing powerful vocals without strain. For example, the highest I can go is about F4 before it becomes uncomfortable for me to sing like that.

Next, figure out what scale you want to sing at, and how many octaves you want to cover. Then, figure out how many pitches you actually want to record. The idea of a powerscale is that each pitch will gain in, well, power as it goes higher, to mimic the tendency of songs and singers.

Ritsu Namine: Kire, the most popular example, goes about one and a half octaves [A3 + D4 + G4 + C5], though not on a set scale. Same for Meiji Gahata: Fantasy [A3 + C#4 + E4 + G4 + C5] and Merry Kohaku: Acrobat [A3 + D4 + F4 + G4 + C5], two other notable voicebanks, so if your goal is to imitate them, that's about the range you should look at.

As far as selecting pitches, avoid leaps greater than six halfsteps, as they will not transition well, as well as leaps less than two halfsteps, as they are too similar. Personally, for my powerscales, I use a four pitch single octave with four-halfstep transitions: E3 + G#3 + C4 + E4.

Be sure to alias each sample with the appropriate suffix so that UTAU can read it correctly and that you can use all pitches effectively in covers, ex. "a かE3" or "a か_C4"

Also, it's best to keep your voicebank organized by placing each pitch in a separate folder, appropriately named for what it contains. This will also better organize your oto.ini.