Favorite Vibratos

Light

Momo's Minion
So I thought It would be cool to have a list of vibratos that they like to use (the settings for them) I don't know if this is interesting o anyone else but heck.

My favorite ones:
63 length, 200 cycle, 26 depth, fade in 30, fade out 30, phase height period changes 0, strength 100

It works well on medium-short lenghts

The same as the one above with a length of 38 is good for notes that you want to sound good, but wouldn't have any vibrato

Attachments

• hi.png
    hi.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 19

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't really have much to contribute because I don't look at the numbers often but this is both very interesting & possibly very useful for future use :I good work, I approve.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
My favourite kind of vibrato is the kind that dips a tiny bit into the tone below the actual note, like this.
xx00_by_kiidos-d763u7u.png

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, currently on UTAU-Synth so there are no direct settings to edit/screenshot (I think at least).

What I generally do for vibrato is activate it, pull it back to make it slightly faster and push it up to make it slightly deeper. Depending on the note of course, if it's in the middle of a string of notes and isn't too long I might make it faster and fuller than an ending note where I go by the former. I really dislike what I call hyper-vibrato though because it just sounds unrealistic and bad in UTAU if you don't do a lot of post-editing with dynamics.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Light said:
hmm I though you just press k and go to vibrato? (I have utau-synth)

*did not know this*

*tries pressing and selecting and fiddles around*

Well, now that I know that exists, how do you view the settings for an already edited note with vibrato?

EDIT: That's the Note Default properties, not the properties of each individual note and thusly their vibrato. I don't think that's possible on UTAU-Synth.

Light

Momo's Minion
I was also wondering about that to, it would be really useful to be able to save a vibrato

Actually I just select the note and then apply the vibrato to selection

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
This is the vibrato I have set as default.

Back then in my earlier UTAU days, I never knew about pitchbends so the only tuning I did was editing each vibrato manually (now, I just use setted settings OTL)

Rook sounded nice at that vibrato (it sounds good at falsettos!) so I decided to make it default :sing:

Attachments

• vibrato.png
    vibrato.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 35

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i use A La Carte in setting vibratos cuz it much more easier for me XDD

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 22

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KiiDOS said:
My favourite kind of vibrato is the kind that dips a tiny bit into the tone below the actual note, like this.
xx00_by_kiidos-d763u7u.png

This is just a guess, but I would think that kind of vibrato would portray a more sorrowful/wistful emotion? Since it dips a little lower, and has dramatic peaks? I'm not sure... I tend to think more about the emotions different vibratos portray than a "favourite" xD