Your opinion of moresampler as an otoer?

WretchedKalamity

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think we're all happy about moresampler's oto creation, but how do you feel about it? Do you use it to make otos for your banks? Base otos? or do you stick to by hand? Why?

I personally use it for otos and then clean up anything that sounds off. I have very low patience so it's a huge lifesaver, but i'm sure not everyone feels the same.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, the only time I would recommend using it is hiragana VCV as a base that you can clean up as you see fit.
The CVVC otos, for me personally are not up to par to what I would do by hand or with a pre-existing base. The auto CVVC oto is high key garbage.

I usually record more CVVC than VCV so I don't use moresampler often.

Reactions: Nohkara

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The oto function needs some fixing to be honest, it has some issues with some hiragana.
While the VCV oto generator is pretty good the CVVC generator is basically useless.

The overlap placement pretty much goes against all the rules of otoing and causes envelope errors for both.

Anything that isn't your voice in a recording (such as background activity) seems to throw it off. (?)

Still better than oremo since you don't need to record on tempo though.

K

Kassandra

I personally prefer setparam over moresampler because it doesn't give you enough room to work with a sound, it cuts off to early or makes the distance between the vowel and consonant way too short. I like it for testing a new voicebank, but otherwise I just prefer generating an oto and doing it that way, it's a lot easier and sounds better because when you oto it yourself you don't end up running into mistakes like with moresampler.

I like moresampler as a resampler better, it has more flags to offer which is much more interesting to me.

Also, most people kinda already record on tempo since we've all practiced the whole 'ka ka ki ka ku' recordings to death lol.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I personally prefer setparam over moresampler because it doesn't give you enough room to work with a sound, it cuts off to early or makes the distance between the vowel and consonant way too short. I like it for testing a new voicebank, but otherwise I just prefer generating an oto and doing it that way, it's a lot easier and sounds better because when you oto it yourself you don't end up running into mistakes like with moresampler.

I like moresampler as a resampler better, it has more flags to offer which is much more interesting to me.

Also, most people kinda already record on tempo since we've all practiced the whole 'ka ka ki ka ku' recordings to death lol.

You do realize you can edit those to give yourself more room, right? You don't have to keep everything the same amd probably shouldn't if you can help it.

Also for setparam/oremo you need to basically record perfectly on tempo or you will get a completely incorrect oto. Also it uses generic parameters anyways.

K

Kassandra

You do realize you can edit those to give yourself more room, right? You don't have to keep everything the same amd probably shouldn't if you can help it.

Also for setparam/oremo you need to basically record perfectly on tempo or you will get a completely incorrect oto. Also it uses generic parameters anyways.
I prefer a uniform oto, it tends to sound better.

Not really, as long as it's basically on tempo/spaced enough equally, it works fine. I've been generating otos for my banks with it and otoing and I don't have any issues.

If I just use moresampler it cuts off too much and leaves that itty bitty distance between the red and the green line and I highly dislike it.

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I made a vcv n put it in more sampler and it messed it up badly and IDK how to fix it

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
The function is absolutely amazing because it enables me to be able to test new banks of mine shortly after being recorded rather than 70564645 years later because I can have a functional oto done in like 5 minutes whereas it'd take me a good couple of hours to oto enough by hand to get through a UST or something. Huugee lifesaver :"D
For the most part Moresampler tends to give some pretty accurate otos that generally only need a few touch-ups here and there. However, regardless of me also being a person with very low patience, I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so in the long run I'll use Moresampler for a base oto and then go through the entire thing to fix up the parameters later :3

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I can't use moresampler to oto because I use UTAU Synth HOWEVEr I've noticed that people have gotten kind of.. lazy? with otoing ever since.

It's kinda nice that people can get a workable oto right away and you don't have to wait like a month after recording for a bank to be released

but then people just release banks with the generated oto and don't plan to fix it later

I kinda liked it better when I could open a bank and find an already finished, not-shitty oto that I have to edit myself, even with the wait.

The vcv oto is pretty damn accurate for a generated oto, and is probably way better than nothing, and maybe for some people is a better oto than the one they would've made themself, but I'm just saying it would be nice if people weren't lazy

Maybe that's just the utau synth resentment talking but

Amzsie

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I use the moresampler otoer but I ALWAYS check the oto and fix it after. Moresampler is a good way to be able to get the basic idea of what your bank sounds like, and it helps place the oto pretty close to where it needs to be. If anything it just makes otoing easier, but imo it should always be checked and fixed after.