• Megpoid GUMI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of these...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
P

PurinPuff

It's probably because Miku has a billion more songs. They're also the more popular ones too.

cynthia2901

Momo's Minion
RIN!!!  Daughter of Evil.  When I first heard it, I wasn't really into it...  Then I heard about Servant of Evil.  Favorite Vocaloid would have to be Len. 

Asuka

Teto's Territory
I believe the first Vocaloid I heard was Miku... My friend sang Ievan Polkka and she said Miku was the one who sang the original (which, as many of us know, isn't true). I searched her up (as my friend mentioned an anime) and her Ievan Polkka cover, which eventually led me to her "twin" Mikuo.

From there, I continued to search on more and found Rin and Len, which came to be my favorite Vocaloid. But it soon changed when I found GUMI in the corner and I became highly interested in her. I liked her voice as it wasn't high like Miku's and a bit "robotic" like the twins, but very soft and smooth.

But of course, I wasn't interested in Vocaloid when I first saw Miku. I actually wasn't even that interested in Japanese pop (other than the ones I saw in anime).

TallDarkAndBishoujo

Teto's Territory
Heheh. I'm weird, the first Vocaloid song I heard was Imitation Black, so I guess the first Vocaloid I heard must have been Gakupo.

I didn't take much notice of the song apart from thinking it was epic, and rediscovered it getting into Vocaloid two years later, via Miku's version of Dear You.

So essentially it took me two years to realise Vocaloids weren't human. O.o

lapinblanc

Teto's Territory
The first Vocaloid I heard and saw was Rin. I was browsing 4chan and her concept art came up. I was absolutely smitten by how cute I found her. I dug deep into the thread to find that she was called "Rin Kagamine" from "Vocaloid." Hooked since then. First song though? I don't remember!

Taylor Savage

Teto's Territory
I got into vocaloid from reading soul eater fanfic. The first vocaloid I heard was miku hatsune and the first song was rolling girl.

miri

Momo's Minion
Hatsune Miku, Kasane Teto and Akita Neru- Triple Baka.

Technically it was Miku singing the main vocals but whatever.

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
*doesn't know how to contribute to the polls*

First vocaloid I (officially) heard was Hatsune Miku. I was youtubing around like normal, and was watching a whole bunch of "kids react to" videos, and then I discovered "kids react to Hatsune Miku" So I watched it, and I was in awe of the (what I thought was holographic at the time) Hatsune Miku MMD dancing and singing for a concert. Later in the video, the guy goes on to tell the kids that the singer is ACTUALLY NOT REAL and is COMPUTER GENERATED! I was shocked, but then I forgot about it...

But the vocaloid/song that hooked me to the vocaloids was Kagame Len in Trick and Treat. That song is so much fun to hum to (since i cant sing in japanese)

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
Ah! The first I ever heard was Coward Montblanc by Gumi~ I was just derping around on a forum and stumbled upon a Vocaloid thread. Ah, memories~

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I was watching a speedpaint and the person had Triple Baka as their background music. I asked about the music and I instantly fell in love with vocaloid ^^

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
^would that mean Kasane Teto was the one you heard first, or Hatsune Miku? (not considering this is a "who was the first "vocaloid" thread)

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
The_Fish_God link said:
^would that mean Kasane Teto was the one you heard first, or Hatsune Miku? (not considering this is a \"who was the first \"vocaloid\" thread)
Um.... It's Miku feat. Teto so I'm not really sure what you're asking.....

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Lemondolly link said:
[quote author=The_Fish_God link=topic=1590.msg25937#msg25937 date=1348454698]
^would that mean Kasane Teto was the one you heard first, or Hatsune Miku? (not considering this is a \"who was the first \"vocaloid\" thread)
[/quote]

What I'm saying is, sure Hatsune Miku is the first vocaloid, but If you really think about it, Kasane Teto is the first voice you heard. (since she harmonizes by singing ~ahh~ before Hatsune Miku says the first verse)

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
The_Fish_God link said:
[quote author=Lemondolly link=topic=1590.msg25985#msg25985 date=1348526675]
[quote author=The_Fish_God link=topic=1590.msg25937#msg25937 date=1348454698]
[/quote]

What I'm saying is, sure Hatsune Miku is the first vocaloid, but If you really think about it, Kasane Teto is the first voice you heard. (since she harmonizes by singing ~ahh~ before Hatsune Miku says the first verse)
[/quote]
I guess you're right....

^^

NipNip

Momo's Minion
The first Vocaloid song I ever heard was Nostalogic with MEIKO singing, the video with the woman who is the spitting image of MEIKO.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't looking for Vocaloid when I stumbled across it, my only guess is I spelt something beginning with N wrong.

Either way I've been hooked on Vocaloid and UTAU ever since.  :wink:

TaiyoProwerz

Momo's Minion
Hnng I like reading the stories of how you guys all found Vocaloid xD;
Well it's strange actually because I heard Kasane Teto before any Vocaloid. So I'm not sure if you could count her (because as we all know she's an UTAU. c8)
But if you wanna be technical it was Miku's "Love is War". Then I saw this "Love is War - Akita Neru" in the recommendations. And I loved Neru to death, then there was these comments all saying stuff like "This is just Rin but pitched down" and blah blah, and I'm just like. "Who's this Rin chick? D8< Neru is awesome and unique and stuff".  Then I look to my suggestions and see "Love is War (Remix) - Rin Kagamine". Then I decide
"...."
"Let's check this Rin kid out."
-listens-
LOVE AT FIRST HEAR 8D
Now Rin is 5ever my fav Vocaloid :D
Hehe trust me to bring my obsession with Rin into this