What Voicebanks are Your Mainstays?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
We all have a handful (or more) of voicebanks that we've found reliable, lovely to listen to, or just fun to make choruses/covers/originals with in any capacity. What banks have earned a permanent place on your HDD/private cloud storage (no, you may not cheat and just name Vippers and your own banks :P)?

My favorite go-to banks are...
- Hae Ya (ヘヤ // 해야) - her voice is just so soothing and she's also one of the [too] few Korean banks out there.
- Ooka Miko (櫻歌ミコ) - she has so many banks, but they're versatile enough to make a difference in cover usage. While she does have that kawaii-desu nasal timbre, it's not as obnoxious as say.... Teto.
- Kim Yuchul (김 유출) - kind of cheating here, cause I own the bank (not voiced by me), but his voice is androgynous enough for feminine roles and can gender factor to sound manly as needed. He's like my own little Piko or Len.
- PIANO - not as expansive as Gahata Meiji to be sure, but she's a nice alternative for when I don't want to bog down my HDD and bandwidth.

This list is really short, but I have banks in my cloud storage and on my HDD that I want to use before I decide their place in my pantheon of sorts. I don't have terabytes of storage to devote to every bank, so I have to be picky.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think I really have any UTAU mains? I think it'd be nice if I could main Viki Hopper. I also keep Adrian and Kotonone Azami on standby. But the UTAUss that I focus on really depend on the project. With TS_B, that would be Dominic/Equinox/Velveteen/Dreamnoid. As for Fractured Planes, I'm trying to find a female english UTAU with a green color scheme to main.

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
I don't really have mains but something more akin to the banks I have wherever I go. So mostly Kyou Hana and Ryszard Anioł for when I'm just random testing usts or making scraps and Halt Tanner for anything English wise.

Blackbird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i pretty much just use al!ce.16 because i love alice's voice and i can only get her to sing for me when i guiltrip her into doing so XD

Reactions: Kitcat190

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
I have a small handful of voices that I gravitate towards:
  • Czloid- yes I know I'm a basic bitch who uses Cz for like every song, but I find that their voice fits in pretty nicely with the sound of my songs. Fun fact: I'm pretty sure songs that I do with CZ could be easily interchanged with A/E Daisy vocals.
  • Denki Sai- I think everyone should know this, that I am absolute garbage for Denki Sai. Surprisingly, I haven't been using him a whole lot lately, but that's probably because I've been writing more songs for female voices. Bonus: his accent works very nicely for Engrish.
...and that's about it lol. Actually, there are a bunch of other vocals I have taken a shining to too: Equinox, Galvan Ize and Mimi Yorune. I didn't put them on this list because I haven't used them all that much, though I do wish to do something with them in the future!

Reactions: Kiyoteru

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
  • the obvious, number bronze - she has so many appends. they basically cover the complete range of human emotion all told. and theyre such good quality jfc
  • mizuki zuiga - his power bank is great, and such good quality!
  • noelle VCCV - I just love the tone of her voice, and the recordings are pretty good quality
aside from that I also like nizimine kakoi, amaga elu, and makimiya fuuki, but I haven't used em as much for whatever reason

lunavi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have a ton of voicebanks, but the ones I adore the most (or, at least, use most often for cover making) are:
  • Gahata Meiji - I love the crispness of her voice.
  • Kohaku Merry - Quality voicebanks are awesome, and big, mature-toned female voicebanks are even more awesome.
  • Cyk - I haven't posted any covers using her yet, but she's one of my favorites. Her ACT 1 has a crazy powerful range, and she has an amazing assortment of appends.
  • Macne Nana (2S) - I adore Nana's tone; sweet but not the super-nasally kawaii tone.
  • Macne Coco (Black) - Despite the issues with her samples, I still love Coco.
  • Mawarine Shuu - I love his voice. Like Cyk, I haven't used him for any covers yet, which makes me sad.
  • Makune Hachi - Hachi remains one of my favorites.
  • Kyone Killy - Awesome male vocals.
  • Sonone Linako - Another quality mature female voice.

M. Enini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have bunch of banks that are my to-go that I love to use like:
  • Shione Lt - She has quality and many voice banks so shes really diverse for any song type and she has great power for high notes.
  • Kohaku Merry - She has great quality and has great solid strong voice.
  • Gahata Meiji - I like her tone and quality.
  • Akesato - She sounds adorable and fun to use.
  • Anna Nyui - She has great quality and fun voice to use.
  • Mariko Chiyone - She has a clear and crisp voice and has great power.

Reactions: WyndReed

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I like a lot of banks and I have a lot of banks stored on my external drive, but I think that these are the ones that I use the most:
  • Mona Minarai
  • Aino Erufu
  • Megami Yuwakune
  • Shima Hakone
  • Mimi Yorune
  • Tomi Samura
  • Myth-poid
  • Yami Ryone

Shibaru 101

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well I love using:

Yami Ryone
-Because his voice is really smooth and just... kawaii! He fits with any soft song.

Namine Ritsu
-His voice is like wa....? And the KIRE sounds so natural.

Kinoa Irotei(?)
- Her voice powerful and I have made a cover with her. I haven't post it yet tho...

And lastly, my own UTAU.
That is Hyakuya Kinsei.
- If you don't use flag. She sound cute. And her VCV is has a (not really) really deep tone. I think her voice is powerful ( well I was half shouting while recording her ). So thats why..

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This thread is starting to descend into "Which banks I have installed". Maybe people just don't have single UTAU mains the way Vocaloid users do...

Reactions: VocAddict

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
  • Miko Ooka - Surprise, surprise 8D Similar reasons to Suyeon: Miko is uber adorable and is diverse with her many voicebanks (I have literally all of them except for her old whisper VB and Lite CV since it's pretty much part of her normal CV). On the other hand, her second form's VBs (which I combined) are really flexible. Unfortunately, I haven't been using her as much as before D: But she's the first UTAU I usually think of when deciding what UTAU I should use.
  • Yuutsukoe Karasu - The UTAU that made me start downloading more overseas voicebanks. His voice is just so good, has a large range, and I like tenors ~ I haven't made a full cover with him yet but now that Rev finally distributed his other voicebanks, I'll probably be using him more now.
  • Utayume Kana - Most likely because Kana's female VBs remind me of Miko a lot. I first saw her at deviantART and decided to look up her wiki page because why not. Her voice was really cute >v< Kana's male VB is both high and manly at the same time (sort of like a naturally manly Ritsu) and is a tenor so bonus points becuase of that ~
I'm starting to use/beta-ing Kuro Cure's UTAU so perhaps Sakasa Shiki and Yumeiro Hasaki will become mains as well.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
GUESS AHAHAH

MHMHM Mawarine Shuu 99.7% of the time because he's really flexible and I love his voice if that wasn't already evident. Obviously he can sing songs that require power but his falsetto works really well for softer songs in conjunction with his normal one (I use them like a sort of half xsy lel)

Also I've dedicated my life to making him cover as many things as possible because there needs to be more of him there is neveR ENOUGH SHUU I WILL NOT REST UNTIL HE IS EVERYWHERE AND YOU CANNOT ESCAPE HIM-

.2% of the time I use Ayume Maruko because I like really his tone a lot and he is surprisingly flexible for a monopitch bank (plus he just recently got appends ayyy). I don't usually like super high voices but he's like, a way better version of gachapoid tbh. As a character I'm preemptively attached to him cus he's just so sweet so that probably also contributes- I like using him for rock and screamo because his voice is super unfitting but iS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN TO WORK WITH IN THAT GENRE LEL he always sounds good tbh.

The last .1% of the time I use Asane Hana but I haven't actually finished any covers with her. But her voice is just so beautiful and unique and has such a varying range of tone, and sounds good on like everything like hot dam I really really like it.

discounting my own utau because I only use him because he's mine and he sucks rip

Reactions: Kiyoteru

PeyPeytonton

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I typically use any VB tbh. Although I mostly use mine (because i'm trash), Erin Ashford, Akane Ikeda, Teto Kasane, and a few others.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
This thread is starting to descend into "Which banks I have installed". Maybe people just don't have single UTAU mains the way Vocaloid users do...

I think it's more like people have the freedom to have a favorite Utau bank for any genre/song type they want. I mean Vocaloids can be pretty costly and there are only so many different voices out there at this point(especially for languages other than Japanese). There are so many different Utau banks and most of them are free, which makes it easier for people to have many favorites or many banks that they use often.

Wolfe Nebula

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Definitely with out a doubt my favorite banks would have to be Merisdae: Crescent Moon and Mine Laru: Query, they are both amazing in design and sound. One I think is just fun to listen to is MONBOM. (Wow I just realized they all start with M 0_0)

Reactions: WyndReed

yuyukun

Momo's Minion
Matsudappoiyo 「Edge」, Mawarine Shuu, and I guess Anna Nyui/Yokune Ruko would be the next in line.