What Vocaloids do you own?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have Mayu. A few days ago I placed an order at B&H because they said they had physical copies of Miriam, but I'm not holding my breath too much for that to pan out. If it doesn't, I might buy Avanna or Sweet Ann.

(As you can probably tell, I mildly regret ignoring the advice to buy a Vocaloid in one's native language first)

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
teifuani said:
(As you can probably tell, I mildly regret ignoring the advice to buy a Vocaloid in one's native language first)
Don't get more wrong, I love the vocaloids I have, but I feel the same right now. I really want english Gumi, or english Miku.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I currently have

MAIKA, Merli, VY2V3, Tohoku Zunko, IA, IA ROCKS, AVANNA, and KAITO V3!

I am hoping to get galaco ASAP as well~

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

HiddenVenia said:
teifuani said:
Don't get more wrong, I love the vocaloids I have, but I feel the same right now. I really want english Gumi, or english Miku.
Dude guys don't regret it. I only have two, Tonio and Miki, and I got Tonio first. Dear god he was hard to use. It was awful. While I got Miki later and she does have some tone problems she was so much easier to use. It might mostly be because their English phonetics system is a mess and Vocaloid has such a harsh learning curve. I wish I had spent Tonio's money on someone like Meiko or Gakupo or Iroha - someone I liked.

XJM

Teto's Territory
What Vocaloids do you own?: THE REPLY!! O_O

I have almost all PowerFX Vocaloids (Big Al, Sweet Ann, and Oliver) except YOHIOloid, I have every V1 from Zero-G (Leon, Lola, and Miriam), and will be looking to add the rest of the engloids when I get my windows machine fixed!

shinami said:
Vocaloid has such a harsh learning curve.

I must be a quick learner, in that case, because It was pretty straightforward for me. Working with software instruments probably helps with the curve a bit ;P

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Eh, it was probably because I'd already been using UTAU for a long time and that Tonio does not come with any instructions. (Plus I don't know if he worked right? People claimed with Engloids you could just type a word and it would make the syllables, which never worked.) I was used to seeing everything vibrato and pitchbend, and the methods are very different requiring mostly lots of note placement rather than pitchbending. And all the side values were very confusing. How do you know where your PIT is going? Why is their convel so limited? What the heck is up with the vibrato editor? I ended up disliking the vibrato so much I had drew it, but Vocaloid doesn't make nice curves like UTAU when you edit and it was always gross. And their phonetics system makes no sense compared to UTAU CV VC English.

*has too many complaints but they are the many reasons she couldn't get into vocaloid*

I suppose it's a bit off topic to rant.

I did find Miki much easier to use like I said. Maybe it's the huge cluster that is the English language being difficult. And hey if I ever get a V3 that UTAU-like plugin would likely help me.

Chorvaqueen

tonileon apologist
Supporter
RE:

There's a really awesome sale right now for the zero-g V2 'loids. From the original 70 usd pricetag for DL, it's now down to 50.

*is currently downloading Tonio as I type this*

So I guess now own Leon Lola + Tonio :3

XJM

Teto's Territory
Chorvaqueen said:
There's a really awesome sale right now for the zero-g V2 'loids. From the original 70 usd pricetag for DL, it's now down to 50.

*is currently downloading Tonio as I type this*

So I guess now own Leon Lola + Tonio :3

$70 was great to begin with, $50 is a steal lols

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

merp guess i should wait to sell tonio until the sale ends i suppose sigh
i should have sold him years ago

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

HHHH I want to buy sonika but I'd probably hate myself for getting her + I'm saving for galaco NEO right now xD

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Adlez27 said:
Haha, I'm actually really hoping to get sonika first

If by that you mean SONiKA as your first VOCALOID then you are setting yourself in a death trap

She's one of the hardest VOCALOIDs to use, but I mean there are tutorials so you could probably figure it out!

I dunno, none of my VOCALOIDs are particularly hard to use, I've never had to deal with this

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

To be honest, I'm actually using FE as a means to teach myself how to use vocaloid, how it's English works, and how to configure and tune sonika. Then again, V2 vs V3 differences.

Anyway, I think I'm doing pretty well, but I'm not so willing to post stuff made with FE. Hope I'll be able to improve further upon getting her legitimately.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Adlez27 said:
To be honest, I'm actually using FE as a means to teach myself how to use vocaloid, how it's English works, and how to configure and tune sonika. Then again, V2 vs V3 differences.

Anyway, I think I'm doing pretty well, but I'm not so willing to post stuff made with FE. Hope I'll be able to improve further upon getting her legitimately.

Yeah, I would not post stuff made with FE. I mean I suppose it's good if you want to see if you want to buy a product, but afterwards you should purchase the product legitimately.

Good luck with SONiKA!

MusicPride

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I have LilyV3, Gumi Native, Mayu is being shipped, and I'm getting Megpoid Complete the first of next month~ I wanna get MeikoV3 and Yukari soonish~

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Eee, I have sonika now! I'm collecting configs again, since I obviously can't use my FE ones, then I'll be working on a song.

Don't really think I'll be getting any other vocaloids, for now I'm really happy to have gotten one.