What languages would to hear more used in UTAU?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I think more Korean would be nice, and I would love a serbian utau!

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think more Korean would be nice, and I would love a serbian utau!

That reminds me that I have an almost finished Serbian reclist lying around. I should go and finish it some time.

Also, I guess I'm one of the go-to persons in regards of German UTAU voicebanks and covers. I make German covers myself, have my own reclist, and I am acquainted with other German speaking UTAU/Vocaloid users who work on German covers.

Reactions: Nohkara
P

partial

I'm gonna just be that guy and say English. I know it is (at least, I think?) the most used language after Japanese, but because it's the only language I really know I always wish there were more options when it comes to voicebanks for it.

But compared other languages, I know I shouldn't make a huge deal out of it. How many Finnish or Russian UTAU have I seen? I could count them on 2 hands or less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
:V Tagalog
spread the word everyone
Am I the only one who wants Kire covers of Basang-basa sa Ulan and Halik?
I don't know that song... O_o pero I'll listen to it ^-^
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Santa/Saint Defoko, please make:

• TAGALOG (holy smokes I'd be stoked to try those out~!)
  • German (I wanna hear those sauerkrauts)
  • Pretty Spanish female voicebanks
  • Hmm... I think an Arabic one too? Never heard one, tbh ^^;
Thanks~ :uhuhu:

ReticentResolve

Ancient Master of Filibustering
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd love it if people started doing latin, russian, or maybe even something like cherokee or shoshone.

Course, I realize three of these (latin, cherokee, shoshone) would be hard to do, as they're kind of dead. But hell, that's not gonna stop me from wishing. As for russian, I might try to do that eventually.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Korean that doesn't sound spoken like the vocaloids and has proper morphological differences with the plain consonants ㅂ/ㅈ/ㄷ/ㄱ.

Optional: has extras for V, Z, F, J, distinguishes ㅐ and ㅔ (e/e and ɛ/E) - though this is more a North Korean thing since the South has merged these 2 into just 'e' - and includes arae-a (ᆞ or ɒ/Q) even though it's primarily used in Jeju/a throwback to Middle Korean.

Reactions: Aura Autumnus

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I kinda want a Tagalog VB xD xD
[doublepost=1488986640][/doublepost]
spread the word everyone
Id probably just let it say "Al asad walfa" or "Al hadeeka jameela" xD

Reactions: Ant0n and Piia

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
spread the word everyone

I don't know that song... O_o pero I'll listen to it ^-^
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Santa/Saint Defoko, please make:

• TAGALOG (holy smokes I'd be stoked to try those out~!)
  • German (I wanna hear those sauerkrauts)
  • Pretty Spanish female voicebanks
Thanks~ :uhuhu:

I have got a pretty Spanish female voicebank!!! :D

... Just kidding. Just a Spanish female voicebank xD
Catalan ftwwwwwww i gotta learn Occitan. I watch the news and i understand but i need the grammar too

And arabic vb? My friend aini recorded one, it is in my soundcloud if you wanna listen. The utauloid is Ainun

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I kinda want a Tagalog VB xD xD
[doublepost=1488986640][/doublepost]
Id probably just let it say "Al asad walfa" or "Al hadeeka jameela" xD
I have got a pretty Spanish female voicebank!!! :D

... Just kidding. Just a Spanish female voicebank xD
Catalan ftwwwwwww i gotta learn Occitan. I watch the news and i understand but i need the grammar too

And arabic vb? My friend aini recorded one, it is in my soundcloud if you wanna listen. The utauloid is Ainun

Ooh~! I'd love to use your Spanish VB~! <3
Good luck with your occitan-learning; I'm sure you'll learn it really soon ^-^

Yay, an Arabic utau~! I'll look Ainun up on sound cloud. Thanks for telling me~! ^^

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Looks like a lot of comments are what I had in mind, especially since I want to have my one utau sing in four languages, Japanese, English, German, and Korean, but no doubt that'd take some effort^^ I'd I've to hear more Korean voice banks, and while I've heard a few Korean covers I don't think they had Korean voice banks... Japanese and English are really common, but I'd love to hear Spanish even though I don't know any nowadays lol

Reactions: partial

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well I definitely would like there to be more released polish voicebanks, because we have a reclist and a small community already. But I know it's hard to record a polish vb - the reclist is not as long as an english VCV but its still pretty long and I'm sure it's hard to oto.

Also, are there any czech voicebanks? I'm kinda getting into czech language lately...

Yoichi-Masaki

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
humm... I would like to see more of everything. I think it would help if there were more universal banks though. Like what really is needed to make an English bank sing Spanish, Korean, and Tagalog? just a second set of R's and NG notes?