What is better ?

doopah

Teto's Territory
I think I usually like powerful voices more, but it really depends on how the voices are used and the type of music.

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
I prefer soft voices, but it's not like I dont like powerful ones!
Okay I see but soft voices are more difficult to mix no ?

I think I usually like powerful voices more, but it really depends on how the voices are used and the type of music.
Yes you're right and don't forget the type of the voice like shonen voices or kawaii voices

Last edited by a moderator:

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It depends on the song I want to use that UTAU. For example, soft voices for strong/rock songs are really hard to mix and to make them heard by the listener. That's why when I like an UTAU, I also tend to look if it has appends that allow me to use it in all type of songs possible. owo

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
It depends on the song I want to use that UTAU. For example, soft voices for strong/rock songs are really hard to mix and to make them heard by the listener. That's why when I like an UTAU, I also tend to look if it has appends that allow me to use it in all type of songs possible. owo
OOOh I see -°w°- but see some UTAU sing with soft voices in Rock musics :P and they are very clear but I can't remember where I heard them...

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It all depends on the song and how you mix it. Soft and Powerful voices are both fun to mix~

Haruka

Momo's Minion
I think it all depends on the voicebank! Some soft voicebanks are lower quality than powerful voicebanks which makes them harder to mix ~.

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
It all depends on the song and how you mix it. Soft and Powerful voices are both fun to mix~
If you use soft and powerful voices together it's maybe better no ?

I think it all depends on the voicebank! Some soft voicebanks are lower quality than powerful voicebanks which makes them harder to mix ~.
Yes that's right °x°

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Xuu

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you use soft and powerful voices together it's maybe better no ?
I like songs where you can have a soft voice go into a powerful voice~
In fact, the 3 Voicebanks I'll be releasing soon are designed to do that!

Haruka

Momo's Minion
I personally prefer softer voicebanks , but there aren't that many soft multipitch voicebanks.I think it all comes down to personally preference really. I think its better when a utau has multiple voicebanks of varying tone, as they can cover a lot more songs that way!

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
I personally prefer softer voicebanks , but there aren't that many soft multipitch voicebanks.I think it all comes down to personally preference really. I think its better when a utau has multiple voicebanks of varying tone, as they can cover a lot more songs that way!
The only soft multipitch voice Ii know is Linako Gentle and she's not easy to mix... after I don't know if there are others.. -___-'

Haruka

Momo's Minion
aaaah there are a few more ~

Asane Hana Anemone, Nolae Kimochine Quiet, Nyui Anna Coquette,唱地ヨエまどろみ(don't know her name in Romaji) , Crina_rain,Hakupo and Kiei Calm.

Theres also utau's like Desune Moralix WOLF and MIKA-03 hishihishi , who have very soft lows but powerful highs

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
aaaah there are a few more ~

Asane Hana Anemone, Nolae Kimochine Quiet, Nyui Anna Coquette,唱地ヨエまどろみ(don't know her name in Romaji) , Crina_rain,Hakupo and Kiei Calm.

Theres also utau's like Desune Moralix WOLF and MIKA-03 hishihishi , who have very soft lows but powerful highs
Wow there are lot 0__o !!! haha now I got a list thanks haha ^ww^*

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've noticed I think I like powerful voices but then I look at my favorite banks and 90% of them are soft. I have no idea what that means, unless my brain is confusing "powerful" with "mature" and/or "deep."

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think it's really fair per se to ask which is "better". That's like asking which color looks the best on people. Obviously different people will have different colors that look good on them. Likewise, different bank types fit certain songs. Softer voices are good for ballads or maybe even some folk songs. Power voices fit rock songs and maybe even dubstep-ish and house songs. You wouldn't use Ritsu's kire bank to cover a Wonder of Asiya, right?

Or at least I hope you wouldn't...cause it doesn't fit. And part of making really good covers and originals is finding the right voice and voice type for the song.

As long as you have the right voice singing the right song that's all that I really need~ So I guess I can say I like both lol

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
H
I've noticed I think I like powerful voices but then I look at my favorite banks and 90% of them are soft. I have no idea what that means, unless my brain is confusing "powerful" with "mature" and/or "deep."
aha that's funny :3 maybe you prefer the low sound in the powerful voices and that's why you've got more soft voices ^w^'

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

UTAU-Linx

Teto's Territory
I don't think it's really fair per se to ask which is "better". That's like asking which color looks the best on people. Obviously different people will have different colors that look good on them. Likewise, different bank types fit certain songs. Softer voices are good for ballads or maybe even some folk songs. Power voices fit rock songs and maybe even dubstep-ish and house songs. You wouldn't use Ritsu's kire bank to cover a Wonder of Asiya, right?

Or at least I hope you wouldn't...cause it doesn't fit. And part of making really good covers and originals is finding the right voice and voice type for the song.

As long as you have the right voice singing the right song that's all that I really need~ So I guess I can say I like both lol
You're right about it, it's fair to ask it but I just wanted the opinion of some people about there preferences.. Haha it's maybe because I'm curious ^v^*

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I like both, but it depends on the voicebank that is used in any music condition. It would be best to use soft-type voicebank for calmer songs and power-type voicebank in rock songs but sometimes, people have a tendency to cross beyond the boundary/limit when trying to match the voicebank with the song condition.